Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

End of Pontiac

This is a discussion on End of Pontiac within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; All I know is not everyone can afford a Caddy V Series nor a Vette....

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

All I know is not everyone can afford a Caddy V Series nor a Vette.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    i never said anything about performance. I said it is a boring car, and it is, its body lines ARE boring, and its not a GTO. It was not made originally as a GTO, the GTO name was just slapped on it and sold in the US. If you dont believe that your crazy. Ok look its not a bad performing car. Of course its going to perform better then the original..duh....but thats not what i am saying. I mean look at that huge backseat windows and the boring ass its got on it. The rear quarter panels are horrible. And I beg to differ about new cars looking like older cars....look at the new mustang and challenger.......I am not trying to be a doucher guys, I just am and always will be completely put off by GM's poor excuse for a GTO. They could have done so much better. I mean look how horrible the sales were for it.
    Not to be a dick but this is the GOAT thread so it is a Pontiac and subject deals with us. So what there are other threads but this is the only Pontiac section.

I'm sorry but I think the GTO is hellava more refined than your Trans Am. I like its subtle looks that mix muscle with class. I like the Camaro/Trans Am since it is American Muscle too but being "that guy" that trashes another cause he thinks his is all best is fuckin retarded.

I don't know why your even posting especially since you have nothing good to say about GTO's.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

the GTO never came back,....the name did. it wasnt designed as a GTO in the first place, it was austrailian. and on top of that it was boring and was nothing more then a sedan/coupe. boring lines/ poor excuse for a GTO.
    Try learning something about the history of Holden before you show off your ignorance again.

Holden was founded by GM sending Pontiac engineers down to start Holden. The Monaro is a direct unbroken descendant of the muscle cars these Pontiac engineers based on their US counterpart. GMs own historians actually point out that the Monaro is exactly what the American GTO would probably have ended up looking like if it had not been discontinued in the 70's.

Quick
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post
    Try learning something about the history of Holden before you show off your ignorance again.

Holden was founded by GM sending Pontiac engineers down to start Holden. The Monaro is a direct unbroken descendant of the muscle cars these Pontiac engineers based on their US counterpart. GMs own historians actually point out that the Monaro is exactly what the American GTO would probably have ended up looking like if it had not been discontinued in the 70's.
    Well said, Ohio! The Holden Monaro was very simular to the classic Lemans/GTO... a boring seden/coupe with typical lines of its day. Just don't tell any aussie bloke that it was our engineers that started up Holden or they might talk your ear off about Couchworks and shit.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    Not to be a dick but this is the GOAT thread so it is a Pontiac and subject deals with us. So what there are other threads but this is the only Pontiac section.

I'm sorry but I think the GTO is hellava more refined than your Trans Am. I like its subtle looks that mix muscle with class. I like the Camaro/Trans Am since it is American Muscle too but being "that guy" that trashes another cause he thinks his is all best is fuckin retarded.

I don't know why your even posting especially since you have nothing good to say about GTO's.
    i love how you guys keep saying things i never said. Like that it performs bad or that mine is the "best". haha I never said that. All I said was that the GTO is not a GTO. It was not made as a GTO, and the styling for what a GTO should be is lame. I know its fast and performs well but its rediculous that GM slapped the GTO name on it. I dont care if some engineer said that "maybe" or "most likely" this is what the GTO would have looked like. And I agree thats its more refined....waayy to much for what the GTO used to be. Like I said I am not attacking anyone, you guys are getting too defensive. Just be realistic, that the GTO could have been soo much better

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GTO1_OHIO View Post

hmmm.......GM had high expectations to sell 18,000 units, but the Monaro-based GTO received a lukewarm reception in the U.S. In a perplexing contrast to its more modern, sportier design, the styling was frequently derided by critics as being too "conservative" and "anonymous" to befit either the GTO heritage or the current car's performance. In addition, the GTO faithful felt further insulted by GM's failure to present a U.S.-built car that incorporated any design lineage from the muscular icons of the 1960s and 1970s. Given the newly revived muscle car climate, it was also overshadowed by the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and the new Ford Mustang, which all featured more traditional "muscle" aesthetics.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

it was also overshadowed by the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and the new Ford Mustang, which all featured more traditional "muscle" aesthetics.
    Hmm I can outrun all those cars.....I think I am doing fine as a "muscle" car owner

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    Hmm I can outrun all those cars.....I think I am doing fine as a "muscle" car owner
    i know you can outrun them......once again for the third time i never said anything about performance.....its a all about looks and how the GTO was never made to be a GTO, GM could have done so much better and I wished they had b/c I would have loved to have a GTO

Black
    2004 GTO

Gto kick assssssssssssss

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Aint the end of the world guy's. I have learned not to shit my pants as shit changes. Who knows? Ferrari may buy the name/company Then we all can say we have Ferrari's and not GM's. Do not be surprised if some big name high performance European auto manufacturer buys Pontiac. Pontiac means muscle in America and muscle sells. Pontiac is name recognition in the US and that is worth big bucks.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I was telling my buddies at breakffast this morning about how cool it would be if Pontiac/Holden/HSV merged.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I was telling my buddies at breakffast this morning about how cool it would be if Pontiac/Holden/HSV merged.
    that would be pretty frickin cool

hugger orange

i love how you guys keep saying things i never said. Like that it performs bad or that mine is the "best". haha I never said that. All I said was that the GTO is not a GTO. It was not made as a GTO, and the styling for what a GTO should be is lame. I know its fast and performs well but its rediculous that GM slapped the GTO name on it. I dont care if some engineer said that "maybe" or "most likely" this is what the GTO would have looked like. And I agree thats its more refined....waayy to much for what the GTO used to be. Like I said I am not attacking anyone, you guys are getting too defensive. Just be realistic, that the GTO could have been soo much better
    your complaints about the styling of the new GTOs are one of its beauties and just like the original GTOs, they were a plain, boring big sedan.....then they dropped a big motor in it, that's why its a true muscle car, not a sports car.

but if it body is too boring for you, just do what I did, cut the body into about 50 pieces and rebuild a full widebody with big brake and intake ducts, wide wheels, and wild paint job lol

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

pontiac owners revolt!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

I'm wondering about what this means to us being able to get parts. Theres been nothing said about sellling off Holden so I would guess we can get Monaro parts from Oz. ...but at what cost.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

One million dollars

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    your complaints about the styling of the new GTOs are one of its beauties and just like the original GTOs, they were a plain, boring big sedan.....then they dropped a big motor in it, that's why its a true muscle car, not a sports car.

but if it body is too boring for you, just do what I did, cut the body into about 50 pieces and rebuild a full widebody with big brake and intake ducts, wide wheels, and wild paint job lol
    like i said before I am sorry if I came off as an asshole, I didnt mean to. I more or less just want to kick the GM bosses in the ass

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL....My 1965 GTO...I had to listen to the Mustang Homo's....about how it was my GrandMa's Tempest. Everybody said the Goat was a POS ugly ass plain car. Fast forward 45 years Same shit. Those that do not drive a Goat dont understand we dont give a shit if they like the hood or not. Didnt back then nor now.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Hey Sarge what motor did you have in that '65?

If it was a 389 Tri-Power I will seriously be jealous. That GM masterpiece was the reason I became an engineer.....Fuckin Priceless!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i would love to have a classic GTO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information