black
    2004 pontiac gto

Dyno tune problem, need help!!!

I went last week and had my headers installed and when i was getting my dyno tune they came across a serious problem with the power enrichment. My car went into power enrichment fine but immediately would cut the fuel back off and would leave the spark on. Does anyone know what is causing this? Reese at mti racing advised that he has tuned over 500 cars (corvettes, gto etc.) and has never had this problem. He contacted holden and had a factory tune sent to him since my vehicle already had a daiblosport tune and the vehicle did the same thing with the factory tune. I thank you in advance for any feedback!!!!!!

red
    2000 camaro ss

damn you got some problem's if the guys over at mti dunno about it. i'd say your comp's fried up. or maybe your lackin fuel quantity? did you get it tuned AT mti or did the guys you took it to CALL mti? if not i'd try takin it somewhere else. . . . . . . . ..

black
    2004 pontiac gto

No i am getting it dyno tuned at mti. Reese said that he tested everything that he could and nothing is showing up right now. He checked the mass air flow sensor, fuel filter and fuel pump and everything checked out ok. He said that he is sending the data to the guys that right gm codes to see what they say. It does suck but good thing i bought an extended warranty through hendrick motorsports when i bought my car.

red
    2000 camaro ss

yea man those guys over there at mti have done a ton of motors/tunes. sorry man ecu is all i can think of. those guys will figure it out for ya.

black
    2004 pontiac gto

Yeah reese is good it just sucks because reese told me that i have about 40-50 horsepower that i have never been able to use since i bought i the car. I hope it gets fixed soon!!!!!

Black
    2004 GTO

Had my headers insatlled not to long ago, i did get a tune from a dealer used from diablo, havent had no problems at all...So i would probly have to agree, it might be the computer!!

black
    2004 pontiac gto

Yeah they are trying to figure it out right now. I hope they can find out what it is so i can get it fixed. If it is the computer i will just have them replace mine under my warranty. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thread Information