Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Drag bags

This is a discussion on Drag bags within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Think that's the way I'm going to start. Thanks as always...

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Think that's the way I'm going to start. Thanks as always

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I have the drive shaft shops one piece aluminum rated 1000hp + ran it up too 179mph no issues,i can get them cheap.had mine for 3 years.
    Click for full size also comes with billet yoke not in picture bolts to rear end.
    That is nice. I cut my pinion (shaft) to get the Extreme Driveshaft on....I guess I could just replace it and get a do over....

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    That is nice. I cut my pinion (shaft) to get the Extreme Driveshaft on....I guess I could just replace it and get a do over....
    you have to cut a inch off the end or pinion ,its the part that slides inside the pilot tube on stock drivesaft,does not have threads on it there anyways,inland impire makes these and they are a top notch place,i sent out my factory unit back in 06 right after i got the goat so they make me a special deal so i can relay this to others,ive sold 10 or 12 no one has ever had any issues,M6 or A4 same deal.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Junior Member east TX muscle cars's Avatar

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    So at this point I am a little above stock HP wise, do I need the shock tower brace, I am going to do the front end Peddlers sticky kit for sure in fact that will be next but in what order should I go about taking care of the wheel hop? You all are making big HP, I don't care if the tires spin that can be controlled with the right foot with a little feather but wheel hop you can,t feather that much you better get out of it or tear something up, any help thanks in advance, and I will be buying the 2 peice DS from Hendrix after the Peddlers. Thanks, Jack
    the Harrop cover(which we sell, and has now dropped under 400$) , the DS/x-member bushings (these are around 80$) and drag bags will help you a TON on wheel hop!!! and you can get all this from us!!!!

hey Sarge where is my banner, and where do i send my money to?lol dont want to get booted!
    Last edited by east TX muscle cars; 12-20-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Hey E TX, Is your 2 peice drive shaft a bolt in or do you have to pull the pinoin yoke and does it fit with stock exhaust? Thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by east TX muscle cars View Post
    the Harrop cover(which we sell, and has now dropped under 400$) , the DS/x-member bushings (these are around 80$) and drag bags will help you a TON on wheel hop!!! and you can get all this from us!!!!

hey Sarge where is my banner, and where do i send my money to?lol dont want to get booted!
    You aint gonna get booted man....unless I dont get my axles this week!
    the email address I sent you......

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

opps me bad guess i was advertising ,lol ,just tryin to help a brother out sorry,i do have the best shaft out there bar none.. just delete all of if you want sarge,would not want to piss off any sponsors,they are why we have this free site

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

What are you talking about? Nobody is gonna delete shit.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

.....are you saying I could install your driveshaft even though I cut an inch or so off already?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by east TX muscle cars View Post

Hey also do new bolts/locktite come with those axles?

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

qwkgto, Thanks for all your help and all the others who chimed in. I really like the two peice by hendrix that is a drop in, I think it will take a lot of slop out of the problem and make the stocker problem history, took a good look at it today and it is a flaky part for a performance car, and saw where it would flex and cause 95% of the wheel hop problem and I want to maintain quality ride, and unless I get the modding bug worse than I already have it don't think will ever see 1000HP. PS Sarge it a cool quy he would not delete you unless you were really F-----g up Regards, Jack

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

.....are you saying I could install your driveshaft even though I cut an inch or so off already?
    yes should,if you just cut off the stub that had no thread on it where the pinion bolts to the housing,what do they call it like a pilot shaft ,that went into stock GTO shaft for a guide.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I have the INLAND IMPIRES one piece aluminum rated 1000hp + ran it up too 179mph no issues,i can get them cheap.had mine for 3 years.
    Click for full size also comes with billet yoke not in picture bolts to rear end.
    Click for full size

Click for full size heres some shots of the pinion yoke its billet and is not some jank azz adapter!
    see right here sarge bottom picture cut that lil sucker off flush where the pinion nut goes,if thats what you cut off it will be fine,then again anything more your into the threads on the pinion yoke..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup.....that is exactly what I cut....

Brazen Orange

Let some air out the rear tires, and reduce your RPMs at launch. I launch at about 2500 stock, but a lot of things effect it; tires, temp, how much gas in tank, road surface, engine tune and temp. Launching these cars is tricky and hard to be consistant.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ycgoat View Post
    Let some air out the rear tires, and reduce your RPMs at launch. I launch at about 2500 stock, but a lot of things effect it; tires, temp, how much gas in tank, road surface, engine tune and temp. Launching these cars is tricky and hard to be consistant.
    yep beleive it or not ive gotten better launches with 1/2 -3/4 tank of gas

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

What are you talking about? Nobody is gonna delete shit.
    OpPS..lol was thinking this was ls1 gto..J/K i like this site far better, then them azzes always have some smart ass comment and most of them dont know shit...

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Thanks ycgoat I'll try it all.

Junior Member east TX muscle cars's Avatar

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

only neg about that DS is once you cut that off, you can never put it back on. and a few of the other aftermarket one(including ours) have to have that nub. most one pieces will vib, including in a 6-speed car. i have yet to see one go much past 140-150 mph without a little vib. the best one i have seen is the DSS i tried in mine it would make it to about 155. i ran this 2 piece in my 1016 RWHP car and took it to 190 MPH and it was as smooth as glass.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hey Stephen...send me your banner again...I'm at the office and left it on the PC at the ranch....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information