Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

does anyone else have this?

I have a 2006 gto with a 6-speed, and first through fourth, if your hand is not on the shifter, it rattles like hell, as soon as grab the shifter it goes away, anybody else have this problem.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Very common on all the 04/5/6 M6 GTO's. Many replace them with aftermarket shifters. I've yet to see a factory warranty repair...most I am aware of just get the standard..."could not duplicate" from the service departments....

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

well thanks sarge, that clears it up. I guess I'll start looking for an aftermarket shifter, any recommendations, it seems kind of hard to find one for the goat. maybe I'll build my own linkage?

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

also does anyone know if the 06 GTO has the skip shift BS? I've never noticed it, but I've only had it for a month, if it does have this what exactly does it do? I've searched all the forums but it's still unclear. thanks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sure...our sponsor Stealth Performance sells the B&M
    http://www.stealthperf.com/cgi-bin/s...on_id=qWHXcyfc
    I think they have the 06 model...
    I've "heard" a few of the B&M's have broken and they had some manufacturing issues...so you may want to question Stealth on that...

Now I have heard nothing but good things about the GMM shifter...
    http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm...y=Transmission
    seems to be a beefier solution......and a bolt in replacement for your 06.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    also does anyone know if the 06 GTO has the skip shift BS? I've never noticed it, but I've only had it for a month, if it does have this what exactly does it do? I've searched all the forums but it's still unclear. thanks
    Well on the 06 many have reported the light comes on but they can shift into 2nd no problem....seems the solenoid that controls the 1-4 shift demand is a little more understanding and by clutching you satisfy the requirments and it lets you shift into 2nd. But I would be careful...if it is letting you do that then reverse lockout is also disabled...so be careful going into 5th

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

well actually I tried it yesterday, and it will let you shift into 2-3 if you're above 2000rpms, I had never noticed it, I guess I normally shift above 2K, I guess I'll be buying the harness for that, is the SLP a good one? or is there a better one? and does it remove the reverse lock-out? thanks sarge, I'll be checking out those shifters.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Sure....it is a simple "harness" SLP is fine man....

Metallic Cyclone Grey
    2005 GTO

I have a 2006 gto with a 6-speed, and first through fourth, if your hand is not on the shifter, it rattles like hell, as soon as grab the shifter it goes away, anybody else have this problem.
    yeah man I have an 05' and the same damn thing happens. Bothers me all the time. Really only above 3,000 RPM's, but yeah it stops rattling when I put my hand on it. Haven't found a solution yet.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

yeah, I guess the only solution is to replace the entire shifter, but damn, $300, I'll be getting mine next month, I think I'll go with the GMM, it just looks stouter.

Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

As stated, this is a "problem" with all years of GTO/Monaro. Honestly, I could care less. I am too busy looking at the road to stare at my shifter.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

You could try pushing the knob on further on the stick. Sometimes its tight but still not seated on the groove.

The Ripshift is the best one out there. You'll be amazed at the difference.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

As stated, this is a "problem" with all years of GTO/Monaro. Honestly, I could care less. I am too busy looking at the road to stare at my shifter.
    I really don't care about staring at it either, it's the RATTLE that bothers me, so even when I'm staring at the road, I still hear it.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

OK you M6 guys. I guess that gives me 1 reason to like my A4. Thanks.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Yellow
    2005 GTO

Reasons to like the A4

Here's another. I just sold a 2000 SS M6 bought a 2005 GTO A4.
    Damn clutch slipped in all 3 2000 SS I test drove. 20,000 miles or less.
    I put NOS on in the spring. Would hold until I shifted, then just fried until I lifted. haha. Hard to run the 1/4 without shifting. 80,000 miles.
    The 1st gear is AWESOME. The shift to 2nd is AWESOME. I can't foresee it slipping even with the turbo I will install some day. When I need to pass in traffic I don't have to fumble fuck around and still wind up in the wrong gear.

2 cons. Needs taller OD. Much taller. 2000 rpm is 63 instead of 87.
    Ratios a little too wide. Shifts from 6000 go below 4000. Flooring it at 70ish is too fast for 2nd and 3rd puts the rpms about 3700.
    a 5th gear is what is greatly needed to solve both these problems. I occasionally miss the M6's OD and closer ratios. But not that freaking clutch.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Quote Originally Posted by ericwilloughby View Post
    Here's another. I just sold a 2000 SS M6 bought a 2005 GTO A4.
    Damn clutch slipped in all 3 2000 SS I test drove. 20,000 miles or less.
    I put NOS on in the spring. Would hold until I shifted, then just fried until I lifted. haha. Hard to run the 1/4 without shifting. 80,000 miles.
    The 1st gear is AWESOME. The shift to 2nd is AWESOME. I can't foresee it slipping even with the turbo I will install some day. When I need to pass in traffic I don't have to fumble fuck around and still wind up in the wrong gear.

2 cons. Needs taller OD. Much taller. 2000 rpm is 63 instead of 87.
    Ratios a little too wide. Shifts from 6000 go below 4000. Flooring it at 70ish is too fast for 2nd and 3rd puts the rpms about 3700.
    a 5th gear is what is greatly needed to solve both these problems. I occasionally miss the M6's OD and closer ratios. But not that freaking clutch.
    Ahh, Yet another reason to appreciate getting an A4 -vs- M6. And yes, you are so right Eric about needing a taller OD 4th gear or even a 5th.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

hey for us M-6 guys, I was just informed if you have an 05-06 GTO, maybe an 04? with an M6 and you have the shifter that rattles, there is a service bulletin which they will replace your shifter with a newly designed one that is not suppose to rattle at the dealership. Just letting you guys know, got mine replaced of course after i ordered a GMM, and when it gets here I'll put that on.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

I have a stock shifter out of a 05 GTO 6speed in realy nice shape. If anybody needs. CHAD

Quicksilver Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

well actually I tried it yesterday, and it will let you shift into 2-3 if you're above 2000rpms, I had never noticed it, I guess I normally shift above 2K, I guess I'll be buying the harness for that, is the SLP a good one? or is there a better one? and does it remove the reverse lock-out? thanks sarge, I'll be checking out those shifters.
    I'm just waiting to get my skip shift tuned out.
    ORIGINAL OWNER. DAILY DRIVEN. FOREVER.

2015 Deep Black Pearl DSG GTI. For My Wife.
    2006 Quicksilver Metallic M6 GTO. Holden Hybrid.
    2002 Sunset Orange Metallic A4 Z28. 1SC-Stripper.

Quicksilver Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLONE GREY GTO View Post
    yeah man I have an 05' and the same damn thing happens. Bothers me all the time. Really only above 3,000 RPM's, but yeah it stops rattling when I put my hand on it. Haven't found a solution yet.
    The street (or quiet) version of the GMM Ripshift is on sale for $315 shipped. It's on sale until 10/16/06 at JHP. Sorry, I can't post URL's yet. Fucking site...
    Last edited by Sarge; 10-14-2006 at 03:55 AM.

Thread Information