Nothing special
    Nothing special

Dilemma: Stay NA or go FI?

So, I've got the redheaded stepchild handling like I want it to (thanks Pedders). Now comes the call for more power...

First issue: Lack of a LS1 tuner nearby (Mobile, Alabama). Only option is to flatbed it somewhere after mods are done for tuning.

Second issue (dilemma): Keep it NA or go FI? If I keep it NA, I'll likely go with a stroker set up, but to get good power out of it, I'll need a more agressive cam than what I have now, which is something I really don't want. Going with a stroker set up would be (I think) far and away cheaper than going forced induction.

Third issue: If I decide to go FI'd, the decision then comes down to a centrifugal or screw type. I've heard LS1's are nightmares with tuning for the FI. True?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Just do the right choice and put a nice wet system plate set-up on it. You'll have way more power than you would with a blower and less wear on the motor. It will only be on for seconds versus all the time.

A nice kit,pair of Mickey drag radials,and even a hand held tune you'll have a 11 second car.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

nitrous is by far the easiest way yo go and the cheepiest.turbos are he best way to go,car has best of it all that way.do yourself a favor take a ride in a turbo car,blower and a nitrous car first,then decide.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

I've never been a fan of the NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS. I like having the power available anytime, without worrying about refilling a bottle.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Wade M View Post
    I've never been a fan of the NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS. I like having the power available anytime, without worrying about refilling a bottle.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS" either that's import slang shit!!

Well have you ever even had a car with a kit on it? Or is this all from here say and others that speak on "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS" with NO knowledge.

Also there is many option's. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I never once lost a race or ran out of bottle pressure in my Goat due to empty bottles and I was blowing way more than you probably ever would.

Sorry but I can't see ANY point in spending $5000-7000 to gain a measly 100-150 hp when I can spend a $1000 and get twice the power.

Bottles are a dime a dozen now. It's not like you are changing bottles out daily.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS" either that's import slang shit!!

Well have you ever even had a car with a kit on it? Or is this all from here say and others that speak on "NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWS" with NO knowledge.

Also there is many option's. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Click for full size
    I never once lost a race or ran out of bottle pressure in my Goat due to empty bottles and I was blowing way more than you probably ever would.

Sorry but I can't see ANY point in spending $5000-7000 to gain a measly 100-150 hp when I can spend a $1000 and get twice the power.

Bottles are a dime a dozen now. It's not like you are changing bottles out daily.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

All motor Iron Block 408 Stroker here. 10's all day long and the only thing I refill is my gas tank

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I have done both. For the money you cannot beat Naws!

But I prefer FI. Power on demand.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

NASA reports today Ed's parts will be re-entering earths atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean at approximately 11:02 pm tonight.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    NASA reports today Ed's parts will be re-entering earths atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean at approximately 11:02 pm tonight.
    damn and i thought that was a shooting star i made a wish upon..lol

Nero
    2006 gto

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    +1....Im gettin on the bottle as soon as cash permits, which is a hell of a lot sooner than turbo's or a supercharger would allow. But, it's your ride, so its your decision.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Ordered the Vortech this morning, actually. And a set of SLP long tube headers to go with it.

Thread Information