Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Diablo Tune LOOK PLEASE!!

This is a discussion on Diablo Tune LOOK PLEASE!! within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 06MonteSS that's tip-in KR, cuz you put a lot of load on the engine at that point ...

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    that's tip-in KR, cuz you put a lot of load on the engine at that point during the shift... no worries...

the short term fuel trims we don't care about... those will bounce around like that, and it's normal...

if while cruising, your LONG term fuel trims are between 0 and -2 as you say, then you're all set...

SILVER - so your "injector slope" parameter is set to -10% ??? ok... but what are your average LTFT'S at though?? totally different things...
    Completely understood - When set at -10% my LTFT's are still adding ~13% - ~15% more fuel. Thus the lean codes over time...

To get my LTFT's to -2% to 0% I have to move the slope to as high as -17%.
    My preference is to make the PCM add fuel. Mines makes it's best power when it wants to add fuel. My A/F ratios stayed @12.5/1 across the entire RPM band.

I've become friends with the guy at tuning shop. He use to focus on Mustangs and is now moving to LS1-2's. We put her on the dyno several times as he wants to get familiar LS motor and what they like and don't like. Those settings above allow my motor to make the most hp and torque.

Like I said - I'm the second owner and I believe this motor been cammed...

We haven't started discussing measuring WOT through the narrow band on the diablo yet.
    I was rich until I dyno tuned. I'm restricting during WOT to attain 12.5 and that's where I make the best power.
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 09-05-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

wow, something's wrong then... you shouldn't have to adjust THAT much...

you have an aftermarket MAF??

how about checking for exhaust/vacuum leaks, from the engine all the way back..

something isn't right... have NEVER seen one needing to be adjusted THAT much, that didn't have an exhaust leak or aftermarket MAF...
    06MonteSS
    2006 Monte Carlo SS -- CAI, Poly mounts, STB's,
    Flowmaster Super 40's, Custom DiabLew Tune!
    Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Completely understood - When set at -10% my LTFT's are still adding ~13% - ~15% more fuel. Thus the lean codes over time...

To get my LTFT's to -2% to 0% I have to move the slope to as high as -17%.
    My preference is to make the PCM add fuel. Mines makes it's best power when it wants to add fuel. My A/F ratios stayed @12.5/1 across the entire RPM band.

I've become friends with the guy at tuning shop. He use to focus on Mustangs and is now moving to LS1-2's. We put her on the dyno several times as he wants to get familiar LS motor and what they like and don't like. Those settings above allow my motor to make the most hp and torque.

Like I said - I'm the second owner and I believe this motor been cammed...

We haven't started discussing measuring WOT through the narrow band on the diablo yet.
    I was rich until I dyno tuned. I'm restricting during WOT to attain 12.5 and that's where I make the best power.
    Adjusting mine to have the LTFT to hit 0 to -2 has dont me pretty good..I do feel a smoother idle, and smoother cruise..The MPG did also slightly go up, the only thing is the performence does feel similar to my previous tune..(the one silver suggested)..Should i be feeling better performence???

Black
    2004 GTO

you have an aftermarket MAF??

how about checking for exhaust/vacuum leaks, from the engine all the way back..

something isn't right... have NEVER seen one needing to be adjusted THAT much, that didn't have an exhaust leak or aftermarket MAF...
    Adjusting mine to have the LTFT to hit 0 to -2 has dont me pretty good..I do feel a smoother idle, and smoother cruise..The MPG did also slightly go up, the only thing is the performence does feel similar to my previous tune..(the one silver suggested)..Should i be feeling better performence???

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

you have an aftermarket MAF?? The only portion of the screen on my MAF that is left is a sliver right in front of the sensors so that I have ensure I have smooth idle. When I re-installed it I got lean codes after 20 minutes of driving and I checked to make sure every connection was solid and secure. In fact, every two weeks check all the connections from the CAI to the intake just to be sure.

how about checking for exhaust/vacuum leaks, from the engine all the way back.. Every thing is buttoned up, every hose is secured...

I've never touched the exhaust manifold and before I winterize I intend to check it this year. I'll let you know.

I have breather filter, catch can, CAI.

I just got 28.5 mpg (running to northern michigan to go for salmon) @~80mph. This was calculated by miles and gallons put back into the tank, not the computer and about 60 lbs of fresh salmon filets.
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 09-07-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    I've never touched the exhaust manifold and before I winterize I intend to check it this year. I'll let you know.

I have breather filter, catch can, CAI.

I just got 28.5 mpg (running to northern michigan to go for salmon) @~80mph. This was calculated by miles and gallons put back into the tank, not the computer and about 60 lbs of fresh salmon filets.
    Do you know how to make a catch can

Black
    2004 GTO

that's tip-in KR, cuz you put a lot of load on the engine at that point during the shift... no worries...

the short term fuel trims we don't care about... those will bounce around like that, and it's normal...

if while cruising, your LONG term fuel trims are between 0 and -2 as you say, then you're all set...

SILVER - so your "injector slope" parameter is set to -10% ??? ok... but what are your average LTFT'S at though?? totally different things...
    DAmn!!!im confused ...this tunning has got me all worked up!!!I should have probly gone with NELSON PERFORMENCE!!! maybe i can get some help for you all...Ive heard that your not suppose to move the "injector slope" unless you change your fuel injectors...any input on this..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information