Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2004 GTO

Diablo Tune LOOK PLEASE!!

Well i got my Diablo Tuner..First off my mods are a CAI, Long Tube headers, (with no cats), X-pipe and stock 05 mufflers. (my car is a 04 GTO A4). I was wondering if i should get a CUSTOM TUNE, from a CMR dealer. Or go with the PERFORMENCE TUNE from DIABLO..please ...thank you

Red
    04 GTO

No u can street tune it yourself, just start with your long term fuel trims ( set the cruise to what ever speed limit you can get at 2200 rpm and cruise for like 30min). Once you get that down to .0 to max -2 you can mess with some different stuff.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    No u can street tune it yourself, just start with your long term fuel trims ( set the cruise to what ever speed limit you can get at 2200 rpm and cruise for like 30min). Once you get that down to .0 to max -2 you can mess with some different stuff.
    anyone else have any clue

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    Well i got my Diablo Tuner..First off my mods are a CAI, Long Tube headers, (with no cats), X-pipe and stock 05 mufflers. (my car is a 04 GTO A4). I was wondering if i should get a CUSTOM TUNE, from a CMR dealer. Or go with the PERFORMENCE TUNE from DIABLO..please ...thank you
    Take it to a dealer get a wide band tune. The performance tune is not programmed with or for LT header's and being catless. It in fact looks to those sensors to monitor STFT and LTFT trims. If one of those banks of sensors are removed you have to turn off (or delete) otherwise you'll be getting codes consistently.

Additionally, you've elminated a lot back pressure with those mods...so you should be able to add more timing than a stock set up. A little bit of back pressure goes along way for torque.

I took mine to a dealer and had it dyno tuned for $200. Best thing I did. I wrote down all the settings because my goat produces its best HP and torque at 12.5/1 along with '0' knock.

But, I get a code telling me I've failed A/F over the history. It them moves to lean code because it can not attain a 14/1 AF ratio. So I adjusted the Slope on the injectors to richen her up a touch because I can't stand looking at that engine light knowing nothing wrong and there's only 6 hp difference between the optimal setting and cruz'in around setting.
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 08-31-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    Take it to a dealer get a wide band tune. The performance tune is not programmed with or for LT header's and being catless. It in fact looks to those sensors to monitor STFT and LTFT trims. If one of those banks of sensors are removed you have to turn off (or delete) otherwise you'll be getting codes consistently.

Additionally, you've elminated a lot back pressure with those mods...so you should be able to add more timing than a stock set up. A little bit of back pressure goes along way for torque.

I took mine to a dealer and had it dyno tuned for $200. Best thing I did. I wrote down all the settings because my goat produces its best HP and torque at 12.5/1 along with '0' knock.

But, I get a code telling me I've failed A/F over the history. It them moves to lean code because it can not attain a 14/1 AF ratio. So I adjusted the Slope on the injectors to richen her up a touch because I can't stand looking at that engine light knowing nothing wrong and there's only 6 hp difference between the optimal setting and cruz'in around setting.
    DAMN, sounds good. the only thing is i live in the smallest city in TX. There is no one doing dyno runs around here. Maybe in San Antonio which is 6 hrs away. Well anyway right now im at
    WOT fuel
    2k-4k -1%lean
    4k-7k +2 Rich

WOT Spark Advance
    2k-4k +1 Advance
    4k-7k +3% timing

Fuel Adjector slope

I dont get 0 KR..Silver what king of setting you have??What kind of mods on your car??nd what you think about my setting at this time, should i try something else? can i see a list of your settings??thanks ALOT..

Black
    2004 GTO

i meant i get 0 KR silver

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

DAMN, sounds good. the only thing is i live in the smallest city in TX. There is no one doing dyno runs around here. Maybe in San Antonio which is 6 hrs away. Well anyway right now im at
    WOT fuel
    2k-4k -1%lean -3%
    4k-7k +2 Rich -3%

WOT Spark Advance
    2k-4k +1 Advance +9%
    4k-7k +3% timing +9%

Fuel Adjector slope
    0.0 -10% = 12.5 afr
    -13% = no engine code

Breather filter, catch can, CAI, borla cat back dual

I dont get 0 KR..Silver what king of setting you have??What kind of mods on your car??nd what you think about my setting at this time, should i try something else? can i see a list of your settings??thanks ALOT..
    You have to monitor settings once you've set your LTFT's. When I had her tuned the owner made mention it's good to make the PCM work, so LTFT's were at +13% trying to add more fuel which lead to the codes. as long as you stay under + / - 10% you are good to go.

Also, you are monitoring your WOT with a narrow band sensor which is essentially a shot in the dark and I suggest you take passenger to watch them - I brought along the wife when I was tuning myself...

Black
    2004 GTO

You have to monitor settings once you've set your LTFT's. When I had her tuned the owner made mention it's good to make the PCM work, so LTFT's were at +13% trying to add more fuel which lead to the codes. as long as you stay under + / - 10% you are good to go.

Also, you are monitoring your WOT with a narrow band sensor which is essentially a shot in the dark and I suggest you take passenger to watch them - I brought along the wife when I was tuning myself...
    yea im going to keep messing with it lets see what i come up with..Just wondering, as long as i get 0 kr (or close to it), it will not do any damage to the motor right??how are your trans setting? thanks

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

yea im going to keep messing with it lets see what i come up with..Just wondering, as long as i get 0 kr (or close to it), it will not do any damage to the motor right??how are your trans setting? thanks
    As you can see from the setting the timing is advanced almost 2 degrees if 5% ='s 1 degree...and yes you have to watch KR to avoid damage. You do not want the motor to fire prematurely. The PCM will pull timing, but over time you will damage the motor.

I have a M6.

I've also lowered the rev limiter in each gear to save me from myself. Don't recall the number exactly, but it's the first setting below 6,000 for each of my gears.

Not sure if it's applicable to automatic trans.

Another way to save the motor...

Takes about 10 minutes of cruising with steady foot to get the LTFT's in order post a setting or resetting. Don;t change anything else while you're setting them.

If you continously attempt to put your foot thru the floor you need to drive it for awhile to eliminate heat soak. One thing I forgot was I have 160 thermostat which when in traffic ='s 185.

Black
    2004 GTO

As you can see from the setting the timing is advanced almost 2 degrees if 5% ='s 1 degree...and yes you have to watch KR to avoid damage. You do not want the motor to fire prematurely. The PCM will pull timing, but over time you will damage the motor.

I have a M6.

I've also lowered the rev limiter in each gear to save me from myself. Don't recall the number exactly, but it's the first setting below 6,000 for each of my gears.

Not sure if it's applicable to automatic trans.

Another way to save the motor...

Takes about 10 minutes of cruising with steady foot to get the LTFT's in order post a setting or resetting. Don;t change anything else while you're setting them.

If you continously attempt to put your foot thru the floor you need to drive it for awhile to eliminate heat soak. One thing I forgot was I have 160 thermostat which when in traffic ='s 185.
    Update for SilverGoat!!
    I tried your settings,,and Damn!!those setting are awsome..i really felt a HUGE difference...my 0-60 was AMAZING..I didnt time it, but i know the Car was faster!!!All day ive been driving around, and yea the Engine light did come on, the only thing is about 30-40 miles since the tune, the ENGINE LIGHT CAME OFF..i dont know why, but i get 0 kr and my LTFT are usually under -10 (most of the time). THANKS alot..man

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

WOW!! -10 LTFT's??? that's REAL rich man... you want to get your average LTFT's in the 0 to -2 range for best gains/performance/mileage...

if you just got a new predator for your 04, you should be able to save logs with it... if not, and you bought a used one, then you'll have to watch (or have someone else watch) the data live on the screen while driving...

get some data of your LTFT's while doing steady driving, with your rpms steady somewhere between 1800-2500 range...

then find out what your average ltft's are at for both bank 1 and bank 2...

that average ltft number will determine what you need to set your injector slope to, in order to get your ltft's in the proper 0 to -2 range.

here's info on logging and making adjustments:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

also, if it IS one of the new ones, you'll need to get a custom tune made for the LT Headers ya got, since the new ones no longer allow the end-user to disable the O2 codes, due to EPA regulations...

a custom tune for that is easy, takes about 5 mins. to do... you can ask the guys at diablosport to do one for ya, or I can, either way...

you'd need to email a copy of the current tune file from your vehicle, as well as the original backup tune, in order to get it tweaked for the O2 codes.
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-04-2008 at 04:44 AM.
    06MonteSS
    2006 Monte Carlo SS -- CAI, Poly mounts, STB's,
    Flowmaster Super 40's, Custom DiabLew Tune!
    Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    WOW!! -10 LTFT's??? that's REAL rich man... you want to get your average LTFT's in the 0 to -2 range for best gains/performance/mileage...

if you just got a new predator for your 04, you should be able to save logs with it... if not, and you bought a used one, then you'll have to watch (or have someone else watch) the data live on the screen while driving...

get some data of your LTFT's while doing steady driving, with your rpms steady somewhere between 1800-2500 range...

that average ltft number will determine what you need to set your injector slope to, in order to get your ltft's in the proper 0 to -2 range.

also, if it IS one of the new ones, you'll need to get a custom tune made for the LT Headers ya got, since the new ones no longer allow the end-user to disable the O2 codes, due to EPA regulations...

a custom tune for that is easy, takes about 5 mins. to do... you can ask the guys at diablosport to do one for ya, or I can, either way...

you'd need to email a copy of the current tune file from your vehicle, as well as the original backup tune, in order to get it tweaked for the O2 codes.
    Thats sound good man!!!I dont know really how to tune cars..but what i meant is most of the time im "under -10"..i would say usually i would be like at 0 then it jumps around, but i would appreciate if you can show me what you think my best tune would be..

Black
    2004 GTO

I have the interface "usb" but thats all..how can i get the "current tune file" and "oringinal backup tune"..thanks for your help

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

depends...

what revision is your predator on??

when it boots up to the main menu, there's a number at the top.. would be a 1.xx, 2.xx, or 9rxx number...

what is that number?

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Monte - even with the slope set at -10 my a/f ratio is 12.5 to 1. No where near rich. This was done with a wide tuner and if I keep that setting I fail a history code and after the third start becomes a lean code. I have removed a significant portion of the MAF screen. The only portion left is in front of the senors to maintain an idle. so you know...

Also, with the LTFT's set as you state above I was at 325 hp and 339 lbs of torque.
    With the tune (-10) I have 331 hp and 346 lbs of torque. I'm the second owner so I don't know if the original owner cammed her or not - I suspect yes...
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 09-04-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Black
    2004 GTO

depends...

when it boots up to the main menu, there's a number at the top.. would be a 1.xx, 2.xx, or 9rxx number...

what is that number?
    My setting right now is

Fuel
    2k-4k +3 Rich
    4k-7k +6 Rich

WOT Spark Advance
    2k-4k +2 Advance
    4k-7k +4% timing

Fuel Adjector slope

And my LTFT's Are usually 0 to -3 sometimes it jumps higher but usually its around 0 to -3..So what you think...

Black
    2004 GTO

depends...

what is that number?
    my number on top say 2.14

Black
    2004 GTO

Red face

My current update, well i was driveing to school just now, monitering my LTFT's, my long term bank 1 and 2 did stay under -2 unless im at idle, my short term banks were usually jumping around 0 to -9..Now i did have a question on my KR..I was cruising at 50, so i floor it and the KR jumped to like 1.5 (no more than 2KR)...but then it goes down to 0 KR as it speed up..It only jumps up a little when my gear downshits i guess!!any input on that???please and input is helpful!!

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

that's tip-in KR, cuz you put a lot of load on the engine at that point during the shift... no worries...

the short term fuel trims we don't care about... those will bounce around like that, and it's normal...

if while cruising, your LONG term fuel trims are between 0 and -2 as you say, then you're all set...

SILVER - so your "injector slope" parameter is set to -10% ??? ok... but what are your average LTFT'S at though?? totally different things...

Black
    2004 GTO

Thumbs up

that's tip-in KR, cuz you put a lot of load on the engine at that point during the shift... no worries...

the short term fuel trims we don't care about... those will bounce around like that, and it's normal...

if while cruising, your LONG term fuel trims are between 0 and -2 as you say, then you're all set...

SILVER - so your "injector slope" parameter is set to -10% ??? ok... but what are your average LTFT'S at though?? totally different things...
    Ok cool..so is that all i should mess around with for performence..how about the 02 sensors you were talking about last time??i have no "chk engine" light now

Thread Information