yellow
    2004 gto

Diablo tune or ????????

I have a stock gto with a cai and a variam with a maf ports, I have a diablo tune witch I ran a 13.3 in the 1/4 on street tires. I found a tune on this site and found it wasn't better than the diablo tune. any help? I don't want to damage the engine, any experts out there? don't known what is correct. Any help would be great, Thanks Ron

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah you need to drive on the freeway for a 10-15 mile drive cycle with the cruise on @ at least 2000 rpm and then monitor/log your LT Fuel Trims. You want to be in the area of 1- -1. Look at that data and post your results. Remember the throttle has to be steady as in NO changes thats why it's best to have the cruise on.

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

yellow
    2004 gto

Thanks for the info, but I have trouble still. I will try what you said but know I have a trouble with a trouble code. I just added the ports to the maf, and the vairam to the throdle body. I di put nascar tune in and it didn't seem to be any better, as I said before, so I have the diablo tune in now and I have to say the car does run good. I found that I had a trouble code for ( bank 1, two lean.) so I cleared it and and drove around 12 miles with the cruise on and set for 60. to see if the mpg was still good, witch at 60 I was avg. around 28. not bad. so I'm looking for help with this code, should I take the ports out? or the vairam?, will this hurt the engine? and also with both tunes my long term showed around 15.4 to 17.4. where do you get a crash course on tunes? Thanks for the help Ron

Silver
    2004 GTO

k, if positive ltfts - yes you're lean... so you adjust your slope negative to richen that up... changing the injector slope changes how much fuel is sprayed - in BOTH normal driving AND PE/WOT... now, it says to lean out the PE fuel tables by the same amount - because you just richened it up by adjusting your injector slope.
    PE/WOT fueling adjustment works the OPPOSITE of the injector slope adjustments....

for injector slope - going negative (left) makes you richer. going positive (right) makes you leaner.

for PE/WOT fueling - going negative (left) makes you leaner (taking away fuel from WOT). going positive (right) makes you richer (adding fuel to WOT).
    Info By 06MonteSS
    THis was a question I had a day or so ago, & I'd thought I'd pass it to you.......I hope Monte didn't mind.
    Your LTFTs seem alot like mine, almost the same. I went to injector slope & went -14, & did the like -12 on the fuel lean & it dialed my LTFTs right in.
    Plus, I disabled my rear O2s for LTs, if ya have em.
    good luck
    -----------------------------------
    2004 Silver GTO
    K&N CAI
    ported MAF housing
    SLP 1 3/4" LT coated headers
    SLP LM exhaust
    High Flow cats
    B&M ripper
    DiabloSport Predator Tuned
    ....so much more to go.
    $ = hp