Thread: DD an MS3?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

5.7 vs 6.0 ms3

OK so I finally got around to yanking the motor out of the Z the other day (recap http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62008) and was able to finally pull the cam out. Fortunately it was unhurt! So for the meantime I have a complete MS3 kit (hardened pushrods/springs/ retainers etc) sitting in the attic.

I drove the Z on the weekends to work (100 miles a day) with no problems, little surge at 30 ish with the automatic but otherwise no problems.

Now I am thinking about installing the cam in the GTO because I have to pull the front off to replace the oil pump o ring anyway, so since I was there type thing. Going a different build with the Z so the cam won't be going into it, so it's either install or sell and I won't get near what I paid.

Now the question, will the MS3 be a little tamer in the larger LS2 with the manual. I ask because the GTO will continue to be my 100 mile a day DD even though 75 miles of that is all highway. I could probably live with it if it was like the Z was but I would prefer it to be a little more "streetable".
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 06-03-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

with a bigger cube motor it will be a little more tame...not a huge difference but a little.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you have bigger cubes and M6 going for you. At the end of the day it boils down to what you're willing to live with. Do you have the supporting mods on the GTO for the cam such as headers and valve springs? Another huge huge factor is your tune. Get a good tune and I don't see any reason why you couldn't DD it.

Thread Information