Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Darwin

This is a discussion on Darwin within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; cjfast, You try anything you think will work, all you can do is try and see what happens, good luck....

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

cjfast, You try anything you think will work, all you can do is try and see what happens, good luck.
    Last edited by Texas Jack; 02-25-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Black
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    hey man do you happen to have any pics of your homemade stiffy? I wasthinking about going a step further by fabbing up solid motor mounts and not really a stiffy, but a brace on each side of the motor to the shock towers......that should make the front end solid as a rock.....just hope the body won't twist farther back and crack my windsheild
    Well, I gave up my quest for the DIY stiffy. After getting all the parts I was looking for I realized that I was about 90 bucks into this 'project' and I hadn't even started fabbing anything...then I remembered that the ebay Ultra Motor mounts were less the 90.00 I just put into parts.

So, I said "fuck it!", I'll try the Ultra mounts....worst case I'll just put my old mounts back in if they suck...so far they're "OK"...the good news is they sure make my GTO feel like a muscle car! THE bad news is they make my GTO feel and sound like a muscle car, buzzy, rattling and vibrating...I'm still deciding on keep em' in the car or not.
    Last edited by cjfast; 02-25-2009 at 10:18 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by cjfast View Post
    Well, I gave up my quest for the DIY stiffy. After getting all the parts I was looking for I realized that I was about 90 bucks into this 'project' and I hadn't even started fabbing anything...then I remembered that the ebay Ultra Motor mounts were less the 90.00 I just put into parts.

So, I said "fuck it!", I'll try the Ultra mounts....worst case I'll just put my old mounts back in if they suck...so far they're "OK"...the good news is they sure make my GTO feel like a muscle car! THE bad news is they make my GTO feel and sound like a muscle car, buzzy, rattling and vibrating...I'm still deciding on keep em' in the car or not.
    that's usually the way it goes for me. I'll be out $120 for an $80 part I could've bought. There's a reason solid mounts and plates and stuff are used mostly on race cars.....they'll rattle the knobs off of your radio. I would never run solid mounts on something I spent much time in. The lsx motors aren't known for their smooth idle to begin with.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information