Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Damn Front End Shake

This is a discussion on Damn Front End Shake within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; This does happen to our cars. It's a good idea to remove the rims every 3-4K and 'clean' the crap ...

Black
    2004 GTO A4

This does happen to our cars. It's a good idea to remove the rims every 3-4K and 'clean' the crap out of everything. Then you index the rim (re-clocking) and hand torque and you should be good to goooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by racerxlilbro View Post
    Hi all,
    I read (I think on another forum) about these cars accumulating crap between the wheel and the hub's flange. IIRC, guys were removing the front wheels, cleaning the hubs, and the inside of the wheels where they mate. Then, they were re-clocking the wheels (in other words being sure they weren't installed with the same studs in the same holes as before) and it solved the same problem. My '04 is doing it now...and everything else appears tight.

HTH

Brad

Black
    2004 GTO A4

Sad thing is that I spent most of my 'Fun' money fixing a wheel shake that turned out to be a bent rim and improperly balanced tires. Oh well, there's always next summer! Maybe I'll be able to get the Street Level II kid then. Trying to get her ready for track days at MIS you know....makes me miss my F-Body. Much better cornering car.

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    The problem with MOST tire shops is UNTRAINED idiots doing the labor. Almost ALL balancers require calibration from time to time which they usually NEVER receive.

Glad you finally got rid of the issue though sorry it took soooo long and cost soooo much.
    Last edited by surfinjoe; 10-23-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information