Black
    2004 GTO A4

Custom Predator Tune

I saw a post a while back that talked about custom parameters for a 2004 GTO (A4 & M6). It gave spec's for all the parameters and had dyno results to show that it worked. Anyone remember this?

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Probably need to repost it.

I do. I posted that back a while ago, but I think it has been bumped from the site due to inactivity on the thread. I'll repost it this weekend when I have all the specs sitting in front of me. I'm at work now and don't have all the info on hand. By the way it is a great tune. I've had it on my 04 GOAT for months now and I still can't believe how weak the stock tune is compared to this one. The tune really opens up the LS1 engine and lets it roar!!! Keep an eye on the GTO forum this weekend. I should have it up later tonight.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Is it in the archives?

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Quote Originally Posted by surfinjoe View Post
    I saw a post a while back that talked about custom parameters for a 2004 GTO (A4 & M6). It gave spec's for all the parameters and had dyno results to show that it worked. Anyone remember this?
    I used the same tune as a 'starting point'. But, I've modified my MAF so the only portion of the screen left is smoothing the air over the sensors so I can maintain an idle at a light. Having modified my MAF I've had to adjust the slope on the injectors. The PCM is adding 16% more fuel to maintain my LTFT's within the programmed ranges of -5% to +5%. Adjusting the fuel curve without changing the injectors creates a ton of debate on another site. I am of the opinion if the PCM is constantly adjusting anymore than (+/-)10% it might be good to make some adjustments. It is an inverse relationship where going negative provides more fuel. That's because the software on the Diablo is design to accomodate larger injectors.

Injector Slope -14%

WOT Spark Advance
    2K-4K +2% Advance when cooler +10%, +8% when hot
    4K-7K +6% Timing +8%

WOT Fuel Mixture
    2K-4K +8% Rich +3%
    4K-7K +5% Rich +3%

My settings are in blue. 5% on timing is supposed to equate 1 degree.
    This year I be tinkering with it again. I've had the sled out and the LTFT are
    -1%. Last year I'd up the fuel and advance the spark without any method to my madness. This year I'm going to re-set both to '0', incrementally advance the spark and then the add fuel while monitoring the knock. I'm doing it this way because on Monday I'll have breather filter and catch can which I'll be installing thereafter. I'd like thank Sarge for the the advice on that piece. Additionally, I was looking at my exhaust tips and there a bit black.

Given I'm eliminating back pressure in the crankcase I can get more out of it now.
    The settings above in blue were for driving around and "if somebody next to me at a light rev up"...
    I'd advance the timing more if I was going out and looking for 'trouble'. But, she felt constipated when I'd initially attempted to put my foot through the floor board..

If I recall it takes about 20-30 minutes to let the PCM adjust to new settings.
    Then tinkering with the other settings.

I just noticed you're from michigan - if you ever need help with some mod's let me know. I'm not that far away at all.

I was just reviewing the Diablo web site and found some interesting information.
    If I read it correctly once you have the LTFT set, which creates a lot of debate on another site, you can advance the timing without screwing around WOT fuel. The PCM handles the rest.
    I've advanced the timing - reduced the WOT from original settings above. I attempted to monitor my Mv's, a lot traffic... They're supposed to be between 85X and 92X which is supposed to indicate a indicate a good A/F ratio. I'd reduced WOT to +3% and it's the first time I'd gotten close to ~87X. Below 87X is rich and above 95X is lean.

At the end of the day I may get the HP Tuner set up. I know I'm running rich when I give it the gas - the tips on my exhaust system are too dark.
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 03-30-2008 at 08:17 AM.

rednari
    Nice write up. I had good luck with the Predator. Before getting the goat dyno tuned, I was able to adjust the motor to run well and accept a SLP 85 MAF. While I would not advise the use of the SLP 85, my experience showed me what the predator is capable of.

After someone gave me the SLP, I installed it and it light up a code within 10 minutes after installation. The code of course was RBFT and LBFT, or low fuel trim on both banks. I was able to adjust the trim and WOT settings to correct the code. 11 % negative fuel trim on both banks cleared the code, while a 7% increase helped WOT. I left the advance, which was set at 34 degrees, alone.

The unit also came in handy when I installed a 3.91 gear set. I was able to recalibrate the speedo within 5 minutes, something my tuning either could not or would not do. It also provides IATs and a ton of other cool info.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Great post Silver Goat.

Black
    2004 GTO A4

5.7literMustangEater - thanks for re-posting. I will re-program my car this w/e and post the results. Again, awsome post!

Thread Information