Results 1 to 12 of 12

couple questions

This is a discussion on couple questions within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 1.whats the easiest ways i can shave weight off the gto?? 2.do all gto's have stripes with the little pontiac ...

  1. #1
    G.as T.ires O.il joegtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    xenia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    63

    Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

    couple questions

    1.whats the easiest ways i can shave weight off the gto??


    2.do all gto's have stripes with the little pontiac logo on the sides


    3.if i take off my exhaust will it turn on the check engine light??

  2. #2
    Senior Member GOT1GOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle,De.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,048

    04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

    1) Remove the trailor hitch brace in the back and you can get a lighter aftermarket skid plate for the front. Also, A stainless aftermarket catback will be lighter than stock.

    2) No.

    3) No as long as you do it from the mid section at the flanges. You are not going to like that with the thunder being right under you. Some do that but they straight pipe it all the way back.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

  3. #3
    G.as T.ires O.il joegtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    xenia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    63

    Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

    Quote Originally Posted by GOT1GOAT View Post
    1) Remove the trailor hitch brace in the back and you can get a lighter aftermarket skid plate for the front. Also, A stainless aftermarket catback will be lighter than stock.

    2) No.

    3) No as long as you do it from the mid section at the flanges. You are not going to like that with the thunder being right under you. Some do that but they straight pipe it all the way back.
    thanks alot man i heard u can take out the spare tires,jack,stands, and the rear seats out 2.. i didnt know they had trailor hitchs lol

  4. #4
    G.as T.ires O.il joegtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    xenia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    63

    Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto




    that black thing is that the hitch????




    theres the stripe 2

  5. #5
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    The stripe is the first time I saw that. Yes the trunk has alot of extra weight. Don't do the straight pipe thing!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  6. #6
    G.as T.ires O.il joegtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    xenia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    63

    Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    The stripe is the first time I saw that. Yes the trunk has alot of extra weight. Don't do the straight pipe thing!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT!!!
    probly dealer installed??? dunno the guy said somthing about 1 of 5 or some shiz but i think he just wanted me to buy the car lol im a sales rep 2 so i think he tried some salesmenship on me

  7. #7
    Junior Member Gunny's Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chillicothe, MO
    Age
    60
    Posts
    42

    Torrid Red
    2004 GTO

    AH come on now. I like the way my 3" straight pipe flowmasters sound. Maybe its just the 6.0s. I to have never seen a stripe like that. Where does it start at? I like it, looks good on that blue. Also, any little thing to make them different from all the rest, I like.
    2004 GTO, A4, Torrid Red/Blk, 1 of 1031, Yank SS3600, Dart-225s 62cc, Cometic .040, CompCams 230/236-.613/.608-112LSA, Hi Tech 7.350 pushrods, Kook 1 7/8, CAT/Reson. delete, 3" H-pipe, super 40s, Ported TB, TB bypass, 160TS, SLP MAF, JBA wires, NGK TR-55, New ERA CAI, tuned = 392hp/344tq

  8. #8
    G.as T.ires O.il joegtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    xenia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    63

    Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny's Goat View Post
    AH come on now. I like the way my 3" straight pipe flowmasters sound. Maybe its just the 6.0s. I to have never seen a stripe like that. Where does it start at? I like it, looks good on that blue. Also, any little thing to make them different from all the rest, I like.
    the stripe starts on the front fender and goes all the way along the car and ends with the little pontiac logo somthing kool i like it
    Last edited by joegtox; 04-05-2007 at 11:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Englewood, OH
    Posts
    7

    Spice Red
    2006 GTO

    Is that Xenia OH? I have seen posts from folks from the Dayton area. I am in Englewood. The straight pipe issue is a tricky one. It is a matter of taste but I sure like the deep rumble of a powerful v8.

  10. #10
    G.as T.ires O.il joegtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    xenia
    Age
    30
    Posts
    63

    Impulse blue
    2005 pontiac gto

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by lonemtnman View Post
    Is that Xenia OH? I have seen posts from folks from the Dayton area. I am in Englewood. The straight pipe issue is a tricky one. It is a matter of taste but I sure like the deep rumble of a powerful v8.
    YEAH ITs OHIO...in fact i seen a spice red gto today in xenia it was pretty kool i was riding with my sister in her neon... gotta love the dark red

  11. #11
    Member GTO1_OHIO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    588

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

    The Ohio goat community is growing very fast down around Dayton.
    Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 04-06-2007 at 07:28 PM.
    10.954 123.58 1.496 489.29 rwhp 475.52 rwtq

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    k.s.a
    Posts
    21

    black
    2003 monaro

    [QUOTE=joegtox;681250]1.whats the easiest ways i can shave weight off the gto??


    u can remove back seats and spare tire

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. couple of lt1 questions
    By dirttrax in forum LT1
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 11:57 AM
  2. new guy with a couple questions.
    By QCSV in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 12:31 PM
  3. couple of questions
    By ddmfla in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 08:31 AM
  4. Question: a couple of questions
    By phoenix05 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:46 AM
  5. Couple questions.
    By fright88 in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •