Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

catfish ass beating....

This is a discussion on catfish ass beating.... within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; went to buckeye lake here Monday with a buddy of mine and kicked some catfish ass. We just kept enough ...

  1. #1
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    catfish ass beating....

    went to buckeye lake here Monday with a buddy of mine and kicked some catfish ass. We just kept enough for the 2 of us ( 18) and threw back 20-30 others. We caught 40-50 fish in 5 hours. Most were 2.5-3lbs.....perfect eating size. I did have a really nice one break my line. I got him close enough to the boat to see that he was probably between 7 and 10lbs. My line had a burr in it and it broke at the burr. I had 20lb test on there so I should've been able to just haul him in.
    Pics of the 18 we kept.


  2. #2
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    You must have a big family. You going to fry, sautee, boil, bake, stirfry, bbq, smoke em?

  3. #3
    Member Racer X Vpr Klr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    cal
    Posts
    164

    pewter metalic
    2000/WS6/TA

    you goin to the market with that???

  4. #4
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    we split those. He had 2 saugeye mixed in there so I gave him those and kept 8 for me. We're a family of 4 so that'll give us 2-3 dinners out of it. I really try not to overfish and normally only keep fish a couple times a year. I probably won't keep anymore until all of these are gone. I'm going flathead fishing on the Ohio river Saturday with another buddy of mine in his boat. I may keep 1 or 2 of those if we get into them but I doubt it.
    I typically soak them in buttermilk overnight and then do a corn meal mixture and deep fry them but I've really been wanting to try smoking some and seeing how they come out so a few may end up in the smoker this time.

  5. #5
    A friggin fish! LOL buswwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Vernon, CT
    Posts
    653

    Pewter
    2000 Z28

    It's funny, I saw the title of this thread and thought I was about to read about a severe street beating of a camaro, lol. See avatar subtext.
    Last edited by buswwa; 05-14-2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Im still asleep and didnt notice you dont have a camaro.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

  6. #6
    Senior Member qwkgto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OHIO"S only 9 second GTO
    Posts
    1,464

    Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    we split those. He had 2 saugeye mixed in there so I gave him those and kept 8 for me. We're a family of 4 so that'll give us 2-3 dinners out of it. I really try not to overfish and normally only keep fish a couple times a year. I probably won't keep anymore until all of these are gone. I'm going flathead fishing on the Ohio river Saturday with another buddy of mine in his boat. I may keep 1 or 2 of those if we get into them but I doubt it.
    I typically soak them in buttermilk overnight and then do a corn meal mixture and deep fry them but I've really been wanting to try smoking some and seeing how they come out so a few may end up in the smoker this time.
    I better get invited up yummie catfish,one of the best to eat IMO,love the skin when its crispy...<<<<note to self should have went with orion to Buckeye..lol
    take it you got motor fixed?
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

  7. #7
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Gotta go CAJUN. A lil spice goes well with catfish.

    DAMMIT...I just had lunch and I'm HUNGRY again.


    extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

  8. #8
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I better get invited up yummie catfish,one of the best to eat IMO,love the skin when its crispy...<<<<note to self should have went with orion to Buckeye..lol
    take it you got motor fixed?
    na, I went with a buddy of mine in his boat. I'm still chasing a no spark condition on mine or I definitely would've called you. Same goes for this Saturday. I'm not going in my boat or I'd invite you along. I'll get mine running eventually. I jumped the starter today and ruled out everything from the key to the engine so it's definitely something engine related as to why I'm not getting spark. I have a new coil ordered that should be here next week. I'm hoping that's what it is because things get expensive after the coil. The powerpack is $130.

  9. #9
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Poor little cat fishies.

  10. #10
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Poor little cat fishies.
    yeah....that's what I was saying. They'll go just fine with a nice big plate of hush puppies.

  11. #11
    Member 6.0LiterImportEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    187

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

    What were you using for bait?

    I love to buy chicken gizzards. Leave them in the hot sun for a few days to rot........them fishes love 'em!!!

    Great catches!! That is a ton of fish for a short period of time! Might have to go to Ohio to pick on some of those hot spots haha!

  12. #12
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    What were you using for bait?

    I love to buy chicken gizzards. Leave them in the hot sun for a few days to rot........them fishes love 'em!!!

    Great catches!! That is a ton of fish for a short period of time! Might have to go to Ohio to pick on some of those hot spots haha!
    we were catching them on night crawlers and bass minnows on bottom and under a floater in about 4 ft of water. They seemed to hit the minnows a little better than the night crawlers but they were basically just feeding so they were hitting both.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    15

    Silver
    06 Pontiac GTO

    catfish

    Looks like a great day on the lake.Have you ever tryed the Muskingum River for catfish?

  14. #14
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGTO View Post
    Looks like a great day on the lake.Have you ever tryed the Muskingum River for catfish?
    nope, never been out there. A guy I used to work with fished it a lot though for flathead and had quite a bit of success. I normally go down to the Ohio River for flathead. I'd like to try the muskingum one of these days though.

  15. #15
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I gotta try fishing someday. People I work with tell me it's pretty relaxing. Hopefully I don't get seasick.

  16. #16
    Member PatrizioD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Anus of America; RI
    Posts
    381

    Nero
    2006 gto

    http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

    And that's all she wrote.
    Anyone without a gun and a knife and a handkerchief and a chapstick get the F%$# out of here!

  17. #17
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

    And that's all she wrote.
    I sometimes wonder what would happen if these PETA folks had a car and they found out they had leather interior. Would they go into Oedipus mode and gouge out their eyeballs?

  18. #18
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrizioD View Post
    http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

    And that's all she wrote.
    they can call it whatever they want..... I call it dinner.

  19. #19
    Senior Member qwkgto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OHIO"S only 9 second GTO
    Posts
    1,464

    Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    nope, never been out there. A guy I used to work with fished it a lot though for flathead and had quite a bit of success. I normally go down to the Ohio River for flathead. I'd like to try the muskingum one of these days though.
    yea its alot closer and I know this guy who dont live far from it and knows this area pretty well..lol

  20. #20
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    We always soak them in ice cold water in the fridge with a fuckton of salt then cornmeal and deepfry.

    Would like to try smoked and grilled as well.

    Stock pond is pretty muddy from all the rain..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NJ woman beating with a cat
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 01:00 AM
  2. School bus beating
    By Huskerz1 in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 05:01 AM
  3. Funny BMW beating
    By Hot Black Trans-Am in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •