BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Buyers beware of 06 brazin o in tulsa

THIS IS JUST TO INFORM ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING AT A BRAZIN ORANGE GTO IN TULSA VIN #6G2VX12U06L494608 THE CAR-FAX STATES NO DAMAGE AS WELL AS THE OWNER STATING IT BY PHONE AND EMAIL AS WELL AS HIS LISTING ON AUTO TRADER.(LISTED FOR $30,000) BUT BY SOME FREAK LUCK I DISCOVERED THAT IT INDEED HAD A $1400 HIT ON THE REAR QTR. I HAD SENT THE OWNER $500 BEFORE THIS INFO WAS DISCOVERED. WHEN I BACKED OUT OF THE DEAL BASED ON THE FACT HE LIED ABOUT NO DAMAGE HE HAS KEPT MY DEPOSIT. WISH I HAD ENOUGH THREDS TO REPORT IT ON CARS FOR SALE. HOPE THIS HELPED SOMEONE.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Thank you who ever listed this on the web. I know that as of today 9-30-08 the car is still for sale. I am hoping that this info has stoped someone from buying this. Thanks again JIM

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well sheet metal work isn't considered "damaged"....

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

By today's standard's its not that much damage. the vehicle is produced down under and that's where the part come from...

And if you look at the lines of vehicle and think about all the pieces and parts under the skin it doesn't take much to get to $1400.

To properly repair a simple door ding is $500. (the sheet metal is dented meaning you can't heat it and push it as well as the paint is chipped to the metal) Additionally, you have to paint the entire door... and run it through to the other panels to blend it.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Yes noted, but they listed it as no accidents and I told them I was coming with a paint meter because I was a stickler for orginal paint. They assured me that there was never any damage. One hour before my flight was to take off got hold of a copy of the accident report with the report # and all yet they still felt that that the hit in the fender was not an accident. Anyway they actually did me a favor because I found a pristine BOM that was never in the rain, not a scratch with only 3,500 miles on it, not 7,500 miles like the one I was going across the contry to get. Plus I did not have to drive 1,400 miles to get it home this car was only 200 miles away. I just felt like they screwed me out of the deposit, the car was not as stated in the ad as well as when I spoke to them. I would love to have put that money to the center guage pods though.
    So anyone that was considering buying that car, I just wanted them to know that is not as advertised.

rednari
    Good work JIMTINT. You were looking for a damage free car and found it with tenacity. While it is probably true $1400 is not a big hit, a crease or dent or ding requires what: Bondo, the value reducer. Any car whether a 62 Impala or 06 GTO drops in value when non original parts or bondo is found, even a small bondo patch to repair a ding.

This especially true of the rear quarter panels. The fenders and doors can be changed to hide repairs, but it is much more difficult to change a quarter panel. Here, the rear panel was damaged and if you intend to keep the car pristine, then you made the right choice. Forget about the $500, you made the right deal.

BRAZEN ORANGE
    2006 GTO

Thanks REDNARI I know the $500 really is minor to spend for a pristine car.

Thread Information