Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Broken into, whats to expect window replacement $$

This is a discussion on Broken into, whats to expect window replacement $$ within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; no full glass coverage? Im sorry to see that happened man-idk insurance policies in VA but in NY I have ...

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

no full glass coverage? Im sorry to see that happened man-idk insurance policies in VA but in NY I have full collision and comp with a deductible, and separate full window glass. It IS part of comp, but no deductible, its just covered. Make sure ur insurance co gives you a definite "no" to covering b4 u pay for it

Looking for my next LSX 6-Speeder's Avatar

PBM
    2004 GTO M6 PBM

Well as of today its all done and i have new window. Cost 460 something, only about 30 bucks for labor. However it did not take one hour... poor guys took them about 3 hours dropped it off came back before they close at noon. We were there waiting until almost 1 i think.

They were very frustrated at how difficult it was to get the window in. Luckily we had paid up already the guy actually told us that he would have charged us a few hundred extra if he knew it would be this difficult. It even had the list price of the window: $804 on the bill, they charged us about half that.

Just glad its done.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Good to hear. Do NOT leave valuables in plain sight ever again.

Just a lil advice. There are folks out there who are so envious of us they will do whatever it takes to have what we worked so hard for.

Those are the ones who should have fun explaining their existence to a firing squad.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Speeder View Post
    Well as of today its all done and i have new window. Cost 460 something, only about 30 bucks for labor. However it did not take one hour... poor guys took them about 3 hours dropped it off came back before they close at noon. We were there waiting until almost 1 i think.

They were very frustrated at how difficult it was to get the window in. Luckily we had paid up already the guy actually told us that he would have charged us a few hundred extra if he knew it would be this difficult. It even had the list price of the window: $804 on the bill, they charged us about half that.

Just glad its done.
    I did mine myself and you do have to have everything sitting just right in there to get it in place.....took me over an hour, but now that I've done it once and know how it goes in I'd say it is a 20 minute job

Torrid Red
    04 GTO m6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    you do have to have everything sitting just right in there to get it in place.....took me over an hour, but now that I've done it once and know how it goes in I'd say it is a 20 minute job

thats what she said? (sry I'm 11 sometimes) Glad its done right, but what happened with insurance? You didnt have glass coverage or the deductible wouldnt have made it worth it?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fan74 View Post
    thats what she said? (sry I'm 11 sometimes) Glad its done right, but what happened with insurance? You didnt have glass coverage or the deductible wouldnt have made it worth it?
    lol as guys we all have to be at times.
    I had insurance before with the zero glass deudctible, but with my insurance now its $500 for everything......found the glass for $140 and put it in myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information