Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Brake Pad time

This is a discussion on Brake Pad time within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Whatever you do, do NOT EVER get Duralast Gold Ceramic....within an hour after washing my car, my wheels are already ...

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Whatever you do, do NOT EVER get Duralast Gold Ceramic....within an hour after washing my car, my wheels are already sprayed with dust... I may try the Monroe or just go with Hawk pads.... Hope Monroe's brake pads are better than their shocks

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have their front struts. Worlds better than OEM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

if you don't want to buy the fancy smancy high dollar pads look around locally for Bendix pads. Very good pad for the money. They cost a little more than ordinary pads but are well worth the extra coin.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah I used Bendix back in the day. Great brake.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I have their front struts. Worlds better than OEM.
    I had their rear Sensa-Tracs, they were great...for about 3,000 miles...maybe it's just the roads here They are pretty terrible...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I use monroe sensa tracs on my truck and they've been great on it. I've beat the crap out of that truck mudding it and hauling about twice as much shit in it as it was designed for and they've held up great.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I use monroe sensa tracs on my truck and they've been great on it. I've beat the crap out of that truck mudding it and hauling about twice as much shit in it as it was designed for and they've held up great.

Maybe I just got some bad ones And really it was just one of them that failed on me, so I just replaced both. And I wouldn't compare them to my Bilsteins, that's not a fair comparison really. And I never had stock rear shocks, so I wouldn't be able to compare with OEM except up front, and I went straight to the HD's up there.

EDIT: and, and, and, and, and sorry for all the ands

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Dont worry about it. I know people who installed the Koni's and had them fail after just a few miles! Shit happens. I will tell you Monroe warranties them for life.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh and go over to Stillwater and bitch slap my lil nephew there at OSU. Boy is partying his ass off and his Mama (my baby sister) wants me to go up there and bitch slap him. You can save me the time as your closer.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Oh and go over to Stillwater and bitch slap my lil nephew there at OSU. Boy is partying his ass off and his Mama (my baby sister) wants me to go up there and bitch slap him. You can save me the time as your closer.

Haha, I may be up there part-time this fall. I gotta finally finish my Bachelor's in Civil Engineering. I have an associate's in drafting, and just finished an associate's in land surveying, so I might just have enough to get me started with my bachelor's by now I'll see what I can do about the slapping

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I did a quick check on my rotors and there is a lip at the edge of the rotors. Like starting from the inner circle is all smooth until you get to the edge. Once you get there it dips down and then back up at the edge precisely. Feels like the rears are the ones that are stopping my car while the fronts sometimes scrape. I was wondering if I could just get some cheap ass pads and put those on there until I get enough money to get good replacements? What are your thoughts?

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I threw a set of Wagner QuietStop ceramic pads on the rear two weeks ago as my EBCs were toast. I have a feeling the previous owner did brakestands with my car when he went to the track. I put 17k on the car since I bought it last year and they already went? That's my reasoning.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I threw a set of Wagner QuietStop ceramic pads on the rear two weeks ago as my EBCs were toast. I have a feeling the previous owner did brakestands with my car when he went to the track. I put 17k on the car since I bought it last year and they already went? That's my reasoning.
    Yeah I think I am going to do that too. Just head up to Advanceauto and buy some cheap ass wagner pads and throw them on there for the time being. I also am going to do the brake fluid too since that has not been done yet. I just hope the rotors are okay for the pads. I mean what is the worst that can happen? I don't expect to leave the Wagner pads on there for a long time, and plus it has to stop better then "no-pads" haha

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    Yeah I think I am going to do that too. Just head up to Advanceauto and buy some cheap ass wagner pads and throw them on there for the time being. I also am going to do the brake fluid too since that has not been done yet. I just hope the rotors are okay for the pads. I mean what is the worst that can happen? I don't expect to leave the Wagner pads on there for a long time, and plus it has to stop better then "no-pads" haha
    Yeah. I just did a "pad slap" on mine since I didn't have the time to cut my rotors. Oh well. I can do it another time.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Yeah I can't cut my rotors either since they are drilled/slotted. I am just hoping they are not warped, or do not have gashes in them. Even if they do I still need new pads. The car needs to be able to stop...period haha...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Drilled/slotted rotors can be cut. But I agree. STOPPING is MOST IMPORTANT.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

wagner isn't a cheap ass pad.....they're a quality brake pad. Advanced cheapies go by wearever. I don't doubt that ebc and hawk stuff is top notch but for 99% of the people out there wagner or bendix pads will more than do.

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    wagner isn't a cheap ass pad.....they're a quality brake pad. Advanced cheapies go by wearever. I don't doubt that ebc and hawk stuff is top notch but for 99% of the people out there wagner or bendix pads will more than do.
    Ah you misunderstood. I meant cheap as in "low price". I would rather stick with EBC if I can because it is what I have been running for the past 4 years or so. I really wish I knew some more opinions on the "Yellow-stuff" pads though. I would like to know if they are really better, or worse then the "Red-Stuff".

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Ah you misunderstood. I meant cheap as in "low price". I would rather stick with EBC if I can because it is what I have been running for the past 4 years or so. I really wish I knew some more opinions on the "Yellow-stuff" pads though. I would like to know if they are really better, or worse then the "Red-Stuff".
    they're not as cheap as you're thinking though I don't think. ebc yellowstuff $97 for fronts on the goat...wagner $80. Rear ebc $78 wagner $64. Wearevers can be had for $24 and $21. I'm not arguing with you.... I'm just saying that wagner is a premium pad and not a budget pad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information