Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Beware of Jeff Creech

This is a discussion on Beware of Jeff Creech within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Rob The police report hasn't been made public. Jeff said Thursday, I would think that is disputed ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The police report hasn't been made public. Jeff said Thursday, I would think that is disputed from him.

Arm chair quarterbacking without knowing the facts....

Both sides said things, who knows if either is telling the whole truth. I guess time will tell.
    def. agreed... but those few facts that are undisputable... are unacceptable... maybe the part where its all being taken care of is twisted... but theres no way to sugar coat what happened to wreck the car

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    def. agreed... but those few facts that are undisputable... are unacceptable... maybe the part where its all being taken care of is twisted... but theres no way to sugar coat what happened to wreck the car
    Yes, the only facts are the car was destroyed in an accident. Nobody knows what has really transpired since then.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

CAM was originally a partnership between two people. Jeff ended up buying out the other guy or they just parted ways. Carolina Auto Masters was the name and has been the name since the beginning.

I seriously doubt its illegal. I used to work for a company that was 50 years old. But name was completely different than the historical name on the building. My checks had both names on it but customers only knew of the original name. They are still doing business the same way.
    No you misunderstand. It has nothing to do with the name of a building. It has all to do with representing Carolina Auto Masters as a filed entity with the State and then not having it filed. Worse...it is a defunct corporation. You cannot put a defunct companies name forward in the public domain and profit from it. I'm sure your company was filed under both names. Creech is not. He is filed as Creech Auto Tuning Inc.
    He also says he is using a DBA...but a search of the DBA records in Carolina show nothing. Nothing is filed. Guy is shady shady man.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

The police report hasn't been made public. Jeff said Thursday, I would think that is disputed from him.

Arm chair quarterbacking without knowing the facts....

Both sides said things, who knows if either is telling the whole truth. I guess time will tell.
    I understand your pro Creech...I'm just throwing the yellow flag ...I also have conversed with Jeff and have invited him here to discuss. The OP put out the details of the report in public and Jeff did not deny any of it...just the opposite....he has now agreed and said he fired the guy..... Don't know where your arm chair comment comes from. Nor how it applies. Guy has many issues here and elsewhere....saying I'm sorry and changing your story doesn't help his credibility at all. Furthermore being less than honest about the status and type of business you have is even more damaging. People deserve a heads up as much as Creech deserves a chance to speak. He has taken that opportunity on other forums and frankly shit the bed big times.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I understand your pro Creech...I'm just throwing the yellow flag ...I also have conversed with Jeff and have invited him here to discuss. The OP put out the details of the report in public and Jeff did not deny any of it...just the opposite....he has now agreed and said he fired the guy..... Don't know where your arm chair comment comes from. Nor how it applies. Guy has many issues here and elsewhere....saying I'm sorry and changing your story doesn't help his credibility at all. Furthermore being less than honest about the status and type of business you have is even more damaging. People deserve a heads up as much as Creech deserves a chance to speak. He has taken that opportunity on other forums and frankly shit the bed big times.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have invited him here to discuss. So far he has declined.

Silver

I have invited him here to discuss. So far he has declined.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Jeff dissolved his partnership with Mike Ellis in 2003, which also dissolved the corporation as it existed at the time. Jeff then formed another corp. on his own under a different corporate name. However, the business still operates under the name Carolina Auto Masters. To be honest, I do not think that is legal. Under corporate law an entity has to divulge to the public that they are a corporation and what the name of that corporation is. In my eyes he is not doing that. He is using a name other than what his corporation name is to present and promote his business to the public. Even if it is not illegal, IMHO it is very unethical.
    He should just change his name too Carolina Auto Smashers, seems like a more appropriate description of his business lol.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

In fairness to Jeff I ask for him to respond....here is his response to my email to him.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not a member there, I would only hope that my side is being presented, if not, I'd appreciate it if you could post it. Here's what I've said on a couple other boards.....
    I really don't know where to begin on this, I did offer to make everything right, and my offer was unacceptable to her.
    This is the greatest nightmare of everyone involved, the shop owner, the car owner, everyone. My mailbox is full of hate mail, and I understand that. My side of the story is that I tried to make everything right, and Melissa chose to go through her insurance company and take me out of the picture of being a part of the solution. I have not heard from her in weeks, she's not asked for anything, and has given me no status updates.
    My offer to Melissa, which was declined, was that she take the approximately $40k settlement for the vehicle from my insurance company, and release the vehicle to me so that I could remove the modifications to the car and those that were salvagable could be reinstalled by us on another car, those that were not I could repair or replace to as new condition. If she had cooperated this could have all had a better ending.
    Instead she demanded that she file with her insurance company (I've never heard how much they offered) and that NO parts be reused, and that she choose another shop to do all the work and some of the parts (like the sound system for example) be upgraded at the same time. Carolina Auto Masters would pay for all parts and labor. I'm just not going to pay another shop to do the work on the car, and provide all new parts when the original car had much that was reusable.
    When we were in constant contact in December, Melissa assured me that her insurance company had not evaluated the car, while in fact, she had already released the car to them and it had been moved somewhere else. I have not spoken with Melissa since that time. I would have to assume that the car has long since been sold as salvage and the reusable parts gone with it.
    If the car is still impounded somewhere, I'd still be more than happy to take the parts off it, transfer those to a car that Melissa provides (from the settlement from her insurance company) that are in reuseable condition, repair or replace those that are not and make everything right. But Melissa chose another route, and that was her choice. I'd hoped her insurance company would settle for enough money for her build the car back just like it was. I assume that didn't happen, but have no way to know. Melissa has not contacted me since saying she would let me know when her insurance company got in touch with her, so I've been given no chances since my last offer to do anything more for her.
    From the mail I've recieved she has gotten way more than the value of the vehicle and modifications out of CAM already via lost business. And that total will continue to grow, and her nightmare and my nightmare will continue with neither of us finding a way to wake up and it all just be a bad dream.
    I've been sick about what happened, I hate that it happened, and I really hoped that my offer to make everything right had been accepted by Melissa. That tech is no longer employed by CAM, no one drives a car (other than around the shop) but me, and I will log every tenth of a mile the car is operated if requested.
    I do wish her the best of luck dealing with her insurance company, -jeff

THIS IS HOW SARGE TACKFULLY BITCH SLAPS YOU.

^^ He let the guy drive the car !, He is so full of horsesh*t. "Oh boo hoo i'm a good guy honest ... "

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Its not that I'm pro Creech, although he is considered a friend. He absolutely did something terribly wrong with judgement and a car got totaled.

But the offer he gave was a very fair and reasonable. Use money from the insurance to get another car, put her old mods on the car that aren't damaged, put new mods on to replace ones that aren't any good, have a car that is just like the one that got totaled.

I see that as a reasonable solution to the whole mess.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    THIS IS HOW SARGE TACKFULLY BITCH SLAPS YOU.
    Maybe that's how he bitch slaps you, but not me.

So this is you trying to get on Sarge's side?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Its not that I'm pro Creech, although he is considered a friend. He absolutely did something terribly wrong with judgement and a car got totaled.

But the offer he gave was a very fair and reasonable. Use money from the insurance to get another car, put her old mods on the car that aren't damaged, put new mods on to replace ones that aren't any good, have a car that is just like the one that got totaled.

I understand....but lets think about his "offer" for a second.
    She bought new parts with factory warranties. Who knows what was stressed or fractured on those parts in the wreck? She may find out 500 miles down the road the impeller shaft was damaged on the blower and kaboom! So I don't blame her for wanting new parts to replace what was there versus "salvaged" parts. Secondly she has the absolute right to choose who will do the work....and frankly after her experience who can blame her for not wanting Creech to touch her car. Her choice totally.
    So Creech's offer really isn't much of an offer. Bottom line here is she wants her car back in the same shape it was when she left it with Creech and frankly that is a reasonable request. She is being asked to be made whole.
    Creech's offer is an insult. One that is heavily biased to minimizing his damages. With no regard for his victim. He also has the arrogance to cry about her not keeping him informed. This is total bullshit. She has no responsibility to inform him of a damn thing. He cries about not hearing from her...what....his phone is broken? He cannot call her and ask how things are progressing?
    Look....he told a dipshit to go have a blast and take this young ladies car home. Fucking unreal. Said dipshit (who obviously cannot drive)....totals this customers car left in his care. His bullshit offer is nothing. She is damaged and wants her car back in the same condition it was when she left it with Creech. She doesn't have to accept a damn thing Creech offers. He lost that ability to negotiate when he let an employee take a customers car home and go joy riding and running errands. Creech is in no moral nor ethical position to do anything but give this young lady about $55K best I can figure.....(used car same year/mileage/mods/labor)...then he could have her turn the car over to him for salvaged parts to get whatever he could from it. But it is undeniable his negligence damaged this lady and he should just man the fuck up, quit his crybaby bullshit nobody is buying and pay the lady. At the least he may be able to salvage his reputation as a mature ethical honest man.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I wouldn't want him touching another car of mine. His request to do the work on her replacement car is not fair IMO and I would have refused that offer also.

I suspect thats the prime reason she turned down his offer as well.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 01-29-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

I understand....but lets think about his "offer" for a second.
    She bought new parts with factory warranties. Who knows what was stressed or fractured on those parts in the wreck? She may find out 500 miles down the road the impeller shaft was damaged on the blower and kaboom! So I don't blame her for wanting new parts to replace what was there versus "salvaged" parts. Secondly she has the absolute right to choose who will do the work....and frankly after her experience who can blame her for not wanting Creech to touch her car. Her choice totally.
    So Creech's offer really isn't much of an offer. Bottom line here is she wants her car back in the same shape it was when she left it with Creech and frankly that is a reasonable request. She is being asked to be made whole.
    Creech's offer is an insult. One that is heavily biased to minimizing his damages. With no regard for his victim. He also has the arrogance to cry about her not keeping him informed. This is total bullshit. She has no responsibility to inform him of a damn thing. He cries about not hearing from her...what....his phone is broken? He cannot call her and ask how things are progressing?
    Look....he told a dipshit to go have a blast and take this young ladies car home. Fucking unreal. Said dipshit (who obviously cannot drive)....totals this customers car left in his care. His bullshit offer is nothing. She is damaged and wants her car back in the same condition it was when she left it with Creech. She doesn't have to accept a damn thing Creech offers. He lost that ability to negotiate when he let an employee take a customers car home and go joy riding and running errands. Creech is in no moral nor ethical position to do anything but give this young lady about $55K best I can figure.....(used car same year/mileage/mods/labor)...then he could have her turn the car over to him for salvaged parts to get whatever he could from it. But it is undeniable his negligence damaged this lady and he should just man the fuck up, quit his crybaby bullshit nobody is buying and pay the lady. At the least he may be able to salvage his reputation as a mature ethical honest man.
    Thing is, she bought the car already modded. She failed to be truthful in the whole senario. From what is being gathered, she already got more for the car than when she bought it. Does that make it right? No. The insurance company has already given her more money than she bought the car for, probably because of the mods already on the car(pro charger, stereo, etc.)

She pulled out of "negotiations" probably because she saw dollar signs and took her insurance company's money instead. Then wants more mod money for the next car she gets after already having the insurance company give her more money because of those mods.

Its a screwed up situation to be in, on both sides

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I wouldn't want him touching another car of mine. His request to do the work on her replacement car is not fair IMO and I would have refused that offer also.

I suspect thats the prime reason she turned down his offer as well.
    She was probably happy with the numbers they got out of it before the accident. Wouldn't you think they would be even more cautious to work on her car than before?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

She was probably happy with the numbers they got out of it before the accident. Wouldn't you think they would be even more cautious to work on her car than before?
    If someone totals my car, they aren't getting a second chance.

They should have been more cautious the first time.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Thing is, she bought the car already modded. She failed to be truthful in the whole senario. From what is being gathered, she already got more for the car than when she bought it. Does that make it right? No. The insurance company has already given her more money than she bought the car for, probably because of the mods already on the car(pro charger, stereo, etc.)

She pulled out of "negotiations" probably because she saw dollar signs and took her insurance company's money instead. Then wants more mod money for the next car she gets after already having the insurance company give her more money because of those mods.

Its a screwed up situation to be in, on both sides
    Who cares if the car was modded when she bought it? The point Jeff is asking to replace parts that were fully operational with salvaged parts of unknown quality is silly. Where do you get your info about her paying less for the car than what is being offered? That flies in the face of other forums and what she is posting there. And frankly that is totally irrelevant. If I got a great deal on a car and you totaled it...who gives a shit what I paid for it...totally irrelevant. Totally. You continue to lose sight of simple facts.
    1. Jeff Creech totaled her car.
    2. She is quite right in asking to be made whole.
    3. She will get damages in court and Jeff will be significantly damaged.
    4. Jeff refuses to do the right thing and make her a reasonable settlement offer.
    5. Everything I have read from her is very reasonable and rational. No greed detected at all. Only greed I have seen is from Creech trying to minimize his cost of making her whole.
    6. Creech is looking like a unethical/unprofessional/ pig all over the internet by allowing this to continue.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Who cares if the car was modded when she bought it? The point Jeff is asking to replace parts that were fully operational with salvaged parts of unknown quality is silly. Where do you get your info about her paying less for the car than what is being offered? That flies in the face of other forums and what she is posting there. And frankly that is totally irrelevant. If I got a great deal on a car and you totaled it...who gives a shit what I paid for it...totally irrelevant. Totally. You continue to lose sight of simple facts.
    1. Jeff Creech totaled her car.
    2. She is quite right in asking to be made whole.
    3. She will get damages in court and Jeff will be significantly damaged.
    4. Jeff refuses to do the right thing and make her a reasonable settlement offer.
    5. Everything I have read from her is very reasonable and rational. No greed detected at all. Only greed I have seen is from Creech trying to minimize his cost of making her whole.
    6. Creech is looking like a unethical/unprofessional/ pig all over the internet by allowing this to continue.
    No, she implied that she had the mods put on. Then said she bought the car already modded. The parts were already used to begin with. I could really care less what she paid for it.
    1. True
    2. True
    3. Maybe, maybe not. That would be up to the judge.
    4. His offer was fair.
    5. I see it as greed on her part along with some vindictiveness. She settled while they were "negotiating" and didn't contact him for over a month, as per what Jeff posted.
    6. That might have been her whole point in posting in the first place.

She might have gotten greedy and took the early settlement to get more money from Jeff. Who knows why she settled so fast with her insurance company? Tons of information that nobody knows that goes/went on behind the scenes.

Her posts all over the internet have done thier job in taking away business from CAM. Which I think was the point, regardless of settlement.

Hopefully, she will get what she wants in the end. Then can post up if she is happy with the final outcome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information