Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678925354555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1129
Like Tree17Likes

Been testing Oil

This is a discussion on Been testing Oil within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yes, when times get tough it takes a tough attitude to persevere. But keep in mind, the people, as in ...

  1. #81
    rednari
    Guest

    For 2006gto

    Yes, when times get tough it takes a tough attitude to persevere. But keep in mind, the people, as in the politicians who want to take any vehicle they view as an excessive carbon user off the streets, are determined to do. They view the current crisis as an opportunity force through their programs.

    They are not about choice regulated by free markets. They have their narrow minded beliefs which they intend to ram down our throats with new laws. So, I say this is not the time to grin and grunt through it. The enemies of free choice are determined to stop you from selecting the vehicles you want, and replace them with bicycles.

  2. #82

    Post Compelling

    Awesome work Sarge, and very interesting, I’m going to give it a try. But I’m going to opt to use Amsoil HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil rather than the P… Pen… Penz… Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to say that word, LOL. Anyway, the Amsoil is a NMMA TC-W3, API TC. I'll just order up a quart or two on my next order.



    https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx?zo=1606470

    One quick question though. In all your testing, what have you found as the best, most convenient, and less messy way to measure or pre-measure the one or two ounce mixes? Just thinking it would be great if there were a liquid tight 2oz bottle one could utilize for convenience at the pump.

  3. #83
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Update.

    So far my idle has improved dramtically and it much smoother.
    My boss at work after just 25 miles home his mpg was raised .2 in his new nissan.
    My gf reported back that she always get 77 miles to the 1/4 tank... now she has 112.

    We are still on tank 1 btw

  4. #84
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Awesome work Sarge, and very interesting, I’m going to give it a try. But I’m going to opt to use Amsoil HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil rather than the P… Pen… Penz… Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to say that word, LOL. Anyway, the Amsoil is a NMMA TC-W3, API TC. I'll just order up a quart or two on my next order.

    Click for full size

    https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx?zo=1606470

    One quick question though. In all your testing, what have you found as the best, most convenient, and less messy way to measure or pre-measure the one or two ounce mixes? Just thinking it would be great if there were a liquid tight 2oz bottle one could utilize for convenience at the pump.
    LOL...Welcome man...glad your here.....yes the Amsoil TC W3 is most excellent. I use a "squeeze" bottle I got at WalMart that is marked on the side in 2oz increments. I think it was designed for measuring baby formula You can put the oil in when you get home.....I do....I don't carry it with me unless I'm going on a road trip then I do.....

  5. #85
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Update.

    So far my idle has improved dramtically and it much smoother.
    My boss at work after just 25 miles home his mpg was raised .2 in his new nissan.
    My gf reported back that she always get 77 miles to the 1/4 tank... now she has 112.

    We are still on tank 1 btw
    Thanks for the report....we really saw permanent improvements in both performance and MPG after 3-4 tankfuls.....

  6. #86
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    And please allow me to introduce CompSyn....he is representing Amsoil as a sponsor now here on LS1.COM. Now I got somebody to talk oil with Amsoil is a definite top shelf lubricant.

  7. #87
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Awesome work Sarge, and very interesting, I’m going to give it a try. But I’m going to opt to use Amsoil HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil rather than the P… Pen… Penz… Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to say that word, LOL. Anyway, the Amsoil is a NMMA TC-W3, API TC. I'll just order up a quart or two on my next order.

    Click for full size

    https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx?zo=1606470

    One quick question though. In all your testing, what have you found as the best, most convenient, and less messy way to measure or pre-measure the one or two ounce mixes? Just thinking it would be great if there were a liquid tight 2oz bottle one could utilize for convenience at the pump.
    cut the bottom out of a bottle of dry gas.... perfect shape and size to use as a funnel

  8. #88

    Post Emissions?

    Sarge, thanks for the warm introduction. I am pleased to be a member/sponsor and am looking forward to getting to meet everyone. I was practically born with motor oil in my blood and like to converse about oil tech and go fast tricks… Thanks again!

    Back to oil. I’m curious, what effect does the 2-stroke oil do for emissions? Will it still pass the sniff test?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    And please allow me to introduce CompSyn....he is representing Amsoil as a sponsor now here on LS1.COM. Now I got somebody to talk oil with Amsoil is a definite top shelf lubricant.
    Click for full size

  9. #89
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Sarge, thanks for the warm introduction. I am pleased to be a member/sponsor and am looking forward to getting to meet everyone. I was practically born with motor oil in my blood and like to converse about oil tech and go fast tricks… Thanks again!

    Back to oil. I’m curious, what effect does the 2-stroke oil do for emissions? Will it still pass the sniff test?
    I would have to believe it will make very minimal difference. Shit I see many cars that are smoking like crazy with "oil" or blow by smoke fly right through. I would say it's due to the fact they are only measuring for fuel and nox content not oil burning level.

    Welcome to the site!

    Can you PLEASE start a new thread in General Help Section just giving these youngsters a quick overview of how easy it is to become a Preferred Customer and even post links.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  10. #90
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    Sarge, thanks for the warm introduction. I am pleased to be a member/sponsor and am looking forward to getting to meet everyone. I was practically born with motor oil in my blood and like to converse about oil tech and go fast tricks… Thanks again!

    Back to oil. I’m curious, what effect does the 2-stroke oil do for emissions? Will it still pass the sniff test?
    Well we have tested the crap out of that aspect also.......here is the short and sweet....hydrocarbons dropped....we attribute the drop to cleaning of the ring packs and valves etc. and better compression resulting in a more efficient and full burn.....now you will hear ( some already here) that "my engine idles better and or smoother".....it is almost immediate.....

  11. #91
    Junior Member hardball75006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    12

    Spice Red Matalic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

    Nice write up Sarge.

    I am having a hard time finding the full synthetic 2 cycle Pennzoil at my local auto parts stores. I can get the synthetic blend at Auto Zone. Any suggestions?

  12. #92
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    As long as it is TC W3 rated your good....

  13. #93
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Or just order a bottle from CompSyn ( above a few post) and have it delivered to your doorstep......The economics of it is silly....I mean one quart will last about 10 fill ups worth or 160 gallons of gas...So I would just order it from CompSyn and go have a blast myself....

  14. #94
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    i've passed this onto a few other forums i am on.

  15. #95
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    ModularMustangs?

  16. #96
    Member axxdet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    305

    pewter
    2002 firehawk

    would this be something one would want to do on all gasoline motors....eg. tractors, lawn mowers, etc

  17. #97
    Member slpcamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sunnyvale
    Posts
    453

    silver
    98 ss camaro

    question I've ran out of gas and tank took about 15 gallons on my 98 ss. A usual fill up is about 13.2 or 13.8 gallons what would you suggest to add 2 or 3 or try for 2 1/2. Also i got some additive from http://www.lcdinc.com/ lube control or something like that didn't really like it how do these compare. Lastly my stock maf has my car running a little rich I have to smog the car in the next week or so so i put my slp maf(I know your not a fan of this part) because it runs the car a little leaner so I figured that'd help with smog, so how will this effect if the cars running a little leaner already. I live in cali if that makes a difference because everything around here has the ethanol in it. Good write up thank you I plan on filling up tn and adding 3 oz to the 15 gal tank for starters.

  18. #98
    cutting and welding mark21742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    mercersburg pa
    Posts
    6,443

    hugger orange
    2004

    hey Sarge, any chance someone has tried to see if you can pull a little more timing withe this mixture? if lubes, cleans and slightly cools, think it could be advanced a degree or two?

  19. #99
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by axxdet View Post
    would this be something one would want to do on all gasoline motors....eg. tractors, lawn mowers, etc
    I do.

  20. #100
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    question I've ran out of gas and tank took about 15 gallons on my 98 ss. A usual fill up is about 13.2 or 13.8 gallons what would you suggest to add 2 or 3 or try for 2 1/2. Also i got some additive from http://www.lcdinc.com/ lube control or something like that didn't really like it how do these compare. Lastly my stock maf has my car running a little rich I have to smog the car in the next week or so so i put my slp maf(I know your not a fan of this part) because it runs the car a little leaner so I figured that'd help with smog, so how will this effect if the cars running a little leaner already. I live in cali if that makes a difference because everything around here has the ethanol in it. Good write up thank you I plan on filling up tn and adding 3 oz to the 15 gal tank for starters.
    The 2stroke oil has reduced hydrocarbons in all of our test mules that were inspected. 100% of them. We attribute this to the ring packs being cleaned=higher compression=more efficient burn. As you know 2stroke oil is designed to burn completely so there is no residual build up.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678925354555 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM
  2. 01-01-2017, 02:29 PM
  3. 01-01-2017, 01:26 PM
  4. 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM
  5. 11-30-2016, 05:27 PM
  6. 11-30-2016, 03:55 PM
  7. 11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
  8. 11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  9. 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM
  10. 10-13-2016, 04:37 PM
  11. 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
  12. 09-25-2016, 03:31 PM
  13. 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM
  14. 09-19-2016, 08:58 AM
  15. 09-19-2016, 06:32 AM
  16. 09-03-2016, 07:57 AM
  17. 09-01-2016, 06:19 AM
  18. 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  19. 08-05-2016, 09:27 PM
  20. 08-05-2016, 03:40 AM
  21. 07-28-2016, 08:02 AM
  22. 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM
  23. 07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
  24. 07-12-2016, 07:45 AM
  25. 07-06-2016, 08:38 PM
  26. 07-06-2016, 10:26 AM
  27. 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
  28. 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  29. 06-13-2016, 04:38 PM
  30. 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
  31. 06-02-2016, 10:50 AM
  32. 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
  33. 05-09-2016, 10:57 AM
  34. 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  35. 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM
  36. 04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
  37. 04-02-2016, 11:32 PM
  38. 03-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  39. 03-24-2016, 11:19 PM
  40. 03-14-2016, 02:21 PM
  41. 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
  42. 02-13-2016, 12:34 PM
  43. 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
  44. 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM
  45. 01-31-2016, 05:07 PM
  46. 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
  47. 01-28-2016, 03:02 AM
  48. 01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
  49. 01-21-2016, 05:07 PM
  50. 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Testing
    By mrwdjv in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. testing
    By Spikito in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM
  3. Well testing
    By 99formulals1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
  4. Testing
    By Y2KPewterSS in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •