Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 61632333435363738394056 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1129
Like Tree17Likes

Been testing Oil

This is a discussion on Been testing Oil within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by blackcar Well I started putting the oil in my lawn mower first. The lawn mower is only ...

  1. #701
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Well I started putting the oil in my lawn mower first. The lawn mower is only 4 years old. After a few mowings (prob 16 hours) I noticed easier starts and a very smoother idle. And it runs smoother at cutting speed. The motor even sounds different. Dont know how to explain it but it sounds like it is running a lot better. Seems to get more yard mowed before needing filling up, but that may be as it gets later in the year the grass is easier to cut. I have been very impressed with the improvments.

    After getting good results on the lawn mower, I started putting it in my DD ('89 GMC, stock). Before I put it in I pulled the number one spark plug. Looked at it, the point on the plug was clean but it did have some oil on the edges of it, and I took pics. I also put a cup of water on top of the motor and took a video with the truck running, to see how much it was shaking at idle. After 2,000 miles I pulled the number one plug again. It looks the same. Did the cup of water test and it is idleing smoother. The truck seems to start the same.
    That is great data...I have yet to see a plug "different".....many internet "experts" scream like chickens about catalytic converters and plugs going south from utilizing the TCW3 and it is just not so. Thank you for your post.

  2. #702
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Where in Texas do you live to not have ethanol? My truck does not agree with it. Too lean from the factory then e10 leans it out just a little more. Plus gumming up the carb if it sits, or how it completely cleaned the tank out when I first got it, the area I bought it from didn't have ethanol
    In between Austin and San Antonio in the Guadalupe River Valley. No ethanol anywhere around here.

  3. #703
    Member blackcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,234

    2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    In between Austin and San Antonio in the Guadalupe River Valley. No ethanol anywhere around here.
    << Has froze his nuts off in the Guadalupe.

  4. #704
    Member blackcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,234

    2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    That is great data...I have yet to see a plug "different".....many internet "experts" scream like chickens about catalytic converters and plugs going south from utilizing the TCW3 and it is just not so. Thank you for your post.
    At such a samll amount and clean burning, I wasn't expecting it to foul the plug. I was hopping it would clean it some. Didn't seem to make much difference either way.

  5. #705
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Killeen
    Posts
    8

    Yellow
    2005 GTO

    I am at Fort Hood that is west of Temple and only one gas station around here has the 10% ethanol blend. I am a Certified Petroleum Laboratory Tech. I can post the ASTM specs (ASTM D4814-00a) for motor gasoline spark ignition if you guys would like to read about the fuel and you are putting in your cars. I can also see if I can sneek a gallon sample in the lab and post the results of regular vs TCW3 treated. Let me know what yall want. (The ATSM specs are like 22 pages long) Also for all of you that have sat down and and made it through all of the 36 pages of this thread at once. Stop what you are doing and go drive your GTO.

  6. #706
    Member slpcamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sunnyvale
    Posts
    453

    silver
    98 ss camaro

    sorry to ask a question i'm sure you've gone over, I have a 98 ss and I've used this and worked great I do have a questions. I have over 160k on the car and I ride my bike most the time so the car does some sitting, but with winter here gonna drive the car a lot more. I was gonna seafoam it now, I havn't put the 2 stroke oil in, in awhile should I just run the seafoam then start doing it again or is it fine to run the car with the oil and seafoam in or do you not suggest seafoam lol.

    Also when I'm on e and fill up it's about 13.5 gallons so I usually do 2.5 oz's is that about right. Thanks for you time.

  7. #707
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJohnDuncan View Post
    I am at Fort Hood that is west of Temple and only one gas station around here has the 10% ethanol blend. I am a Certified Petroleum Laboratory Tech. I can post the ASTM specs (ASTM D4814-00a) for motor gasoline spark ignition if you guys would like to read about the fuel and you are putting in your cars. I can also see if I can sneek a gallon sample in the lab and post the results of regular vs TCW3 treated. Let me know what yall want. (The ATSM specs are like 22 pages long) Also for all of you that have sat down and and made it through all of the 36 pages of this thread at once. Stop what you are doing and go drive your GTO.
    Sure...I never shy away from data.....I doubt you'll see a difference frankly...this is more of a cleaning/lubrication enhancement...I doubt it influences combustion....but heck yeah....start sneaking sir...

  8. #708
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    sorry to ask a question i'm sure you've gone over, I have a 98 ss and I've used this and worked great I do have a questions. I have over 160k on the car and I ride my bike most the time so the car does some sitting, but with winter here gonna drive the car a lot more. I was gonna seafoam it now, I havn't put the 2 stroke oil in, in awhile should I just run the seafoam then start doing it again or is it fine to run the car with the oil and seafoam in or do you not suggest seafoam lol.

    Also when I'm on e and fill up it's about 13.5 gallons so I usually do 2.5 oz's is that about right. Thanks for you time.
    I am not a seafoam fan. But if you insist the 2stroke oil will not interfere with the seafoam or vice a versa....yes your ratio is correct...

  9. #709
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1

    Sport Red
    07 GMC CC Z71 5.3,3.42

    hey sarge new guy here this should not hurt a "active fuel management" engine? also it shouldn't hurt a carburetor should it? if it has been asked i apologize up front.

  10. #710
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    it's safe for both. The oil might help keep your carbs floats free too

  11. #711
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by byrdmanUSMC View Post
    hey sarge new guy here this should not hurt a "active fuel management" engine? also it shouldn't hurt a carburetor should it? if it has been asked i apologize up front.
    I run it in my 08 Silverado with AFM with no issues whatsoever. Back in the day we ran Marvel Mystery Oil and just regular 2 stroke oil in our carb'd engines with positive results. The TCW3 is a big leap forward for achieving the results we need versus the MMO or "regular" 2 stroke oils.

  12. #712
    Junior Member Jeepplr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10

    Puter
    2002 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 s/c

    I have a 2010 Camaro V6 with direct injection and 4000 miles on it. Will the use of Marine 2 Stroke Oil help in a Direct Injetion engine?
    I am using it in my 2002 2500HD with a supercharged 6.0 with very good results. My MPG cruising at 75MPH is about 14.5 with the stuff and 11 without(as reported by ScanGaugeII), so I am happy.
    ....I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic...

  13. #713
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Yes. We have many DI cars going on it now with the same positive results.

  14. #714
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Ok, I feel like beating a dead horse. I have since sold/traded my 99 z28 for my 02 z28. I wanted to get it on the ole TCW3. I wanna new drug. One that makes me idle sweet, gets me where I'm going and lubes me oh so great. I wanna new drug. One that gets me crazy looks when i fill up but makes me feel oh so good.

    Ok, I have asked this question before, but have seen numerous posting since.

    Sarge you said the ratio is 1:500 TCW3 to Gas. I have seen numerous post state 1oz TCW3 to 5 gal of gas. A 1:500 ratio is 1 oz TCW3 to 4 gal of gas. Since you said the study showed too little was not beneficial, but too much was no good. I wanted to lock down this ration of too little vs too much.

    Are you suggesting the spot is any where from 1:500 to 1:600 as a good mix? The later would be closer to 1 oz to 5 gals.

    Thanks again for smacking around the fool with the thick skull, . Judging by all the successful posts of a rough 1oz to 5 gal the mix is closer to 1:600. I also figure the rounding up and down is the wiggle room that gets you between 1:500 and 1:600 or so.

  15. #715
    Junior Member MPost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5

    Pewter
    99 Silverado 5.3

    99 Silvy 5.3L

    Been running shell v-power with tcw3 for 6 months now, change in the idling is awesome, and now i'm making the drives between Kansas City and Norfolk in less than 2 tanks of gas. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Truck also seems to take the mountains much easier.

  16. #716
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    Ok, I feel like beating a dead horse. I have since sold/traded my 99 z28 for my 02 z28. I wanted to get it on the ole TCW3. I wanna new drug. One that makes me idle sweet, gets me where I'm going and lubes me oh so great. I wanna new drug. One that gets me crazy looks when i fill up but makes me feel oh so good.

    Ok, I have asked this question before, but have seen numerous posting since.

    Sarge you said the ratio is 1:500 TCW3 to Gas. I have seen numerous post state 1oz TCW3 to 5 gal of gas. A 1:500 ratio is 1 oz TCW3 to 4 gal of gas. Since you said the study showed too little was not beneficial, but too much was no good. I wanted to lock down this ration of too little vs too much.

    Are you suggesting the spot is any where from 1:500 to 1:600 as a good mix? The later would be closer to 1 oz to 5 gals.

    Thanks again for smacking around the fool with the thick skull, . Judging by all the successful posts of a rough 1oz to 5 gal the mix is closer to 1:600. I also figure the rounding up and down is the wiggle room that gets you between 1:500 and 1:600 or so.
    Well...ugh...sorta LOL...Seriously we have folks doing 1oz to 4 gallons with great success....most use the 1oz to 5 gallons with equal success....I know this is going to confuse many...but I have found you can "tweak" your ratio to best suit your specific engine/car setup. What I mean by that is....experiment with both1-4 and 1-5 and see if you get any different results.....just dont go 1-2 or 1-10 or something seriously out of whack either way.
    The Huey Lewis thing was good man

  17. #717
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by MPost View Post
    Been running shell v-power with tcw3 for 6 months now, change in the idling is awesome, and now i'm making the drives between Kansas City and Norfolk in less than 2 tanks of gas. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Truck also seems to take the mountains much easier.
    Thank you for the input. I love many quotes that get forwarded to me from many other forums....I will never understand the internet and all the internet experts.....some folks just do not want anything to improve the performance of their cars unless it is very expensive and they can converse with some scientist that can explain the interactions of molecular structure to them in person....I dunno....all I know is the TCW3 works for many thousands of folks who have participated.
    Also I have been accused of making money from this! How can I do that? Seriously there are some whack jobs on the internet for sure. I started this little experiment just because many of us shade tree mechanics never stop experimenting...this one works well obviously...so good for all of us!
    Thank you again for sharing your real world experience friend.

  18. #718
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Well...ugh...sorta LOL...Seriously we have folks doing 1oz to 4 gallons with great success....most use the 1oz to 5 gallons with equal success....I know this is going to confuse many...but I have found you can "tweak" your ratio to best suit your specific engine/car setup. What I mean by that is....experiment with both1-4 and 1-5 and see if you get any different results.....just dont go 1-2 or 1-10 or something seriously out of whack either way.
    The Huey Lewis thing was good man
    gotcha. i was on 1:4 last time. I will go 1:5 this time and see how it goes.

    thanks.

  19. #719
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salisbury NC 28147
    Posts
    9

    silver
    1998 town car

    Sarge, I have just started running your 1oz to 5Gal, of the TCW3 marine oil in my 88 GMC truck, 98 Town Car, and MGB....In the town car, it seems to run smoother with just one tank of mixture, the GMC also seems to be smoother, and the MGB has picked up about 1000 revs in idle, much smoother running....

    Thanks for the good info.....

  20. #720
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin A. Burnett View Post
    Sarge, I have just started running your 1oz to 5Gal, of the TCW3 marine oil in my 88 GMC truck, 98 Town Car, and MGB....In the town car, it seems to run smoother with just one tank of mixture, the GMC also seems to be smoother, and the MGB has picked up about 1000 revs in idle, much smoother running....

    Thanks for the good info.....
    Thank you for the info Mr. Burnett.....it does clean and lube thus resulting in a more efficient running engine...we spend all of our time focused on the crankcase lube system and forget about the fuel system and top end combustion areas.....

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 61632333435363738394056 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM
  2. 01-01-2017, 02:29 PM
  3. 01-01-2017, 01:26 PM
  4. 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM
  5. 11-30-2016, 05:27 PM
  6. 11-30-2016, 03:55 PM
  7. 11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
  8. 11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  9. 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM
  10. 10-13-2016, 04:37 PM
  11. 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
  12. 09-25-2016, 03:31 PM
  13. 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM
  14. 09-19-2016, 08:58 AM
  15. 09-19-2016, 06:32 AM
  16. 09-03-2016, 07:57 AM
  17. 09-01-2016, 06:19 AM
  18. 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  19. 08-05-2016, 09:27 PM
  20. 08-05-2016, 03:40 AM
  21. 07-28-2016, 08:02 AM
  22. 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM
  23. 07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
  24. 07-12-2016, 07:45 AM
  25. 07-06-2016, 08:38 PM
  26. 07-06-2016, 10:26 AM
  27. 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
  28. 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  29. 06-13-2016, 04:38 PM
  30. 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
  31. 06-02-2016, 10:50 AM
  32. 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
  33. 05-09-2016, 10:57 AM
  34. 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  35. 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM
  36. 04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
  37. 04-02-2016, 11:32 PM
  38. 03-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  39. 03-24-2016, 11:19 PM
  40. 03-14-2016, 02:21 PM
  41. 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
  42. 02-13-2016, 12:34 PM
  43. 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
  44. 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM
  45. 01-31-2016, 05:07 PM
  46. 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
  47. 01-28-2016, 03:02 AM
  48. 01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
  49. 01-21-2016, 05:07 PM
  50. 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Testing
    By mrwdjv in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. testing
    By Spikito in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM
  3. Well testing
    By 99formulals1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
  4. Testing
    By Y2KPewterSS in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •