Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 52122232425262728294555 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1129
Like Tree17Likes

Been testing Oil

This is a discussion on Been testing Oil within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sarge Short answer is absolutely. Lucas is solvents and really doesn't have much in the way of ...

  1. #481
    Junior Member mephy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Short answer is absolutely. Lucas is solvents and really doesn't have much in the way of lubrication qualities as the TCW3 2 stroke cleans and lubricates. Also the TCW3 is excellent at cleaning the ring packs.

    I wanted have just a confirmation.

    Lucas was the first additive that I put constantly in the tank, than I passed to TC-W3.

    With TC-W3 I immediately noticed the difference the car wasn't loosing power and was more quite.

    This for sure is due for what you said.

    Now I want do another step forward I want use a better TC-W3 with more cleaning power It cost as Lucas but I think Is worth.

    The oil is Hp Injector of AMSOIL.

  2. #482
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    ims ure i could find this by reading thorugh some of the posts, but are you using this on every fillup forever? Or every other tank? Ive been doing this for about 5 tanks and my gas mileage and idle has been much better ! (id say about 50 more miles out of a tank)
    Every fill up. Just do it when you get home.

  3. #483
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by mephy View Post
    I wanted have just a confirmation.

    Lucas was the first additive that I put constantly in the tank, than I passed to TC-W3.

    With TC-W3 I immediately noticed the difference the car wasn't loosing power and was more quite.

    This for sure is due for what you said.

    Now I want do another step forward I want use a better TC-W3 with more cleaning power It cost as Lucas but I think Is worth.

    The oil is Hp Injector of AMSOIL.
    We have people using it. Good stuff but I cannot say it is better or worse at a 500:1 ratio frankly. If you want to use it go right ahead...wont hurt anything at all.

  4. #484
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    i started this tonight. filled up and put 4oz's in. so, we'll see here in a couple months with as little as i drive the camaro.

  5. #485
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3

    Gray
    Hi! Here in europe it is not easy to find TCW3 2T oil, so I am using only JASO FD or ISO-L-EGD certified 2T synthetic oils with excellent results, usually Castrol.
    As far as I know these two specs are pretty much the same and require passing some high detergency, very low smoke/ash tests.

    http://www.7thgear.net/7thGear/Porta...il%20specs.pdf

  6. #486
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Hey NightHawk welcome to the forum.
    Yeah I looked at that spec....looks like it will work. Did it smooth out you motor?

  7. #487
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    hell, I've only put about 100 miles on the first tank using it, and i can already tell mines smoother. amazing stuff to me.

  8. #488
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3

    Gray
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hey NightHawk welcome to the forum.
    Yeah I looked at that spec....looks like it will work. Did it smooth out you motor?
    Sure! I feel it punchier too!

    I have been using it with a 400:1 mix in every fill in the last 20000 km (about 16500 miles) with only good results.

    Regards!

  9. #489
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    100

    Pulse Red
    2004 GTO M6

    The Great Ethanol Scam

    "Over at BusinessWeek, Ed Wallace is creating quite a stir, reporting that not only is ethanol proving to be a dud as a fuel substitute, but there is increasing evidence that it is destroying engines in large numbers. Before lobbyists convince the government to increase the allowable amount of ethanol in fuel to 15%, Wallace suggests it's time to look at ethanol's effect on smog, fuel efficiency, global warming emissions, and food prices. Wallace concedes there will be some winners if the government moves the ethanol mandate to 15% — auto mechanics, for whom he says it will be the dawn of a new golden age."

    http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...514_058678.htm

    Sarge I know you talk about how TC-W3 helps protect the fuel system from ethanol but I could not put my finger on why. I would not think that it coats things to keep the ethanol off, so what exactly is it doing to protect the fuel system from ethanols damaging effects?
    Last edited by VTXrider; 05-26-2009 at 09:13 AM. Reason: new link

  10. #490
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    ethanol is a very dry fuel, IE like Alcohol, and the oil helps keep things lubricated and moist, like the fuel pump and such

  11. #491
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Long story short.
    TC-W3 is a corrosive inhibitor. Ethanol is not only a stupendous failure (only the people in the industry are profiting off the back of the taxpayers who gain nothing from Ethanol) it is a extremely corrosive substance. TC-W3 provides a protective barrier on your silicon/plastics/aluminum/steel components it does reduce the corrosive characteristics of ethanol.
    In all fairness to the ethanol rip off industry I should say today's gasoline is corrosive also.
    TC-W3 is a inexpensive good thing for anybody to do in any internal combustion motor.
    Last edited by Sarge; 05-26-2009 at 12:42 PM.

  12. #492
    Member blackcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,234

    2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    .....the oil coats and protects your upper cylinder and rings....]

    Sarge I just ran across this thread for the first time. Thanks for the info.

    I have a couple of ?? tho. I've always been scared of anything that says it coats parts of my engine. Maybe Im just dumb but it seems if it coats it will build up and flake off. Isn't that the main prob with slick 50?

    Second would it be worth while to find TC W3 for all my 2 strokes (i.e. chainsaw, leafblower)?

    Third, I have a '89 GMC pu. I gave it a tune up not to long ago but it stills idles a little ruff. I'm going to give this a try in it. I'm looking for a way "measure" how ruff the idle is. So I can give b4 and after. I was thinking something like a dail indacator mounted on the fire wall with the indacator on the valve cover, but I dont have one.

    Thanks in advance.

  13. #493
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Sarge I just ran across this thread for the first time. Thanks for the info.

    I have a couple of ?? tho. I've always been scared of anything that says it coats parts of my engine. Maybe Im just dumb but it seems if it coats it will build up and flake off. Isn't that the main prob with slick 50?

    Second would it be worth while to find TC W3 for all my 2 strokes (i.e. chainsaw, leafblower)?

    Third, I have a '89 GMC pu. I gave it a tune up not to long ago but it stills idles a little ruff. I'm going to give this a try in it. I'm looking for a way "measure" how ruff the idle is. So I can give b4 and after. I was thinking something like a dail indacator mounted on the fire wall with the indacator on the valve cover, but I dont have one.

    Thanks in advance.
    No question is dumb.
    When I say coats I mean it provides lubrication to those parts. It doesn't "build up" at all. Slick 50 (oil additive) was loaded with teflon. Bad thing.
    TC-W3 is a high end 2stroke oil. Use it in anything. It's add packs leave nothing behind. It is a very clean burning oil.
    Place a small cup half full of water and mark the highest points it sloshes on the inside of the cup for comparison. You will have to sorta hold it steady but the sloshing water will not lie about smoothness...we use to do this on helicopters.

  14. #494
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    100

    Pulse Red
    2004 GTO M6

    Sarge does TC-W3 had a shelf life once it is opened, does it absorb water or anything? I have a gallon bottle open for almost a year now since I don't put too many mile on, should this bother me?

  15. #495
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palatka, fl
    Posts
    1

    Blue
    2006 Mustang gt

    So can I put this in an air cooled v-twin? How about a supercharged mustang?

  16. #496
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosestang View Post
    So can I put this in an air cooled v-twin? How about a supercharged mustang?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Long story short.
    TC-W3 is a corrosive inhibitor. Ethanol is not only a stupendous failure (only the people in the industry are profiting off the back of the taxpayers who gain nothing from Ethanol) it is a extremely corrosive substance. TC-W3 provides a protective barrier on your silicon/plastics/aluminum/steel components it does reduce the corrosive characteristics of ethanol.
    In all fairness to the ethanol rip off industry I should say today's gasoline is corrosive also.
    TC-W3 is a inexpensive good thing for anybody to do in any internal combustion motor.

  17. #497
    Member blackcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,234

    2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    When I say coats I mean it provides lubrication to those parts. It doesn't "build up" at all. Slick 50 (oil additive) was loaded with teflon. Bad thing.
    Place a small cup half full of water and mark the highest points it sloshes on the inside of the cup for comparison. You will have to sorta hold it steady but the sloshing water will not lie about smoothness...we use to do this on helicopters.

    I assumed that is what you meant, but Ive learnt to get things clarifed.

    That is a good idea for measuring smoothness.

    Thanks

  18. #498
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    3

    Blue
    1968 Mercury Cougar

    Sarge have you research this with Air Cooled vehicles? Like the older VW's.
    Or is it just for Liquid Cooled Motors?

  19. #499
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    We have 2 air cooled motors. One older Porsche and one VW. We are treating the fuel.....it applies to any internal combustion engine down to 4 stroke lawn mower/go carts.

  20. #500
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
    Sarge does TC-W3 had a shelf life once it is opened, does it absorb water or anything? I have a gallon bottle open for almost a year now since I don't put too many mile on, should this bother me?
    Well as with any petro based product.
    Keep in a tightly sealed container....and out of direct sunlight and freezing temps and shelf life is approximately 3-4 years. I always shake any oil to remix the add packs which have a tendency to settle to the bottom prior to pouring it in.

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 52122232425262728294555 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM
  2. 01-01-2017, 02:29 PM
  3. 01-01-2017, 01:26 PM
  4. 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM
  5. 11-30-2016, 05:27 PM
  6. 11-30-2016, 03:55 PM
  7. 11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
  8. 11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  9. 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM
  10. 10-13-2016, 04:37 PM
  11. 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
  12. 09-25-2016, 03:31 PM
  13. 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM
  14. 09-19-2016, 08:58 AM
  15. 09-19-2016, 06:32 AM
  16. 09-03-2016, 07:57 AM
  17. 09-01-2016, 06:19 AM
  18. 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  19. 08-05-2016, 09:27 PM
  20. 08-05-2016, 03:40 AM
  21. 07-28-2016, 08:02 AM
  22. 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM
  23. 07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
  24. 07-12-2016, 07:45 AM
  25. 07-06-2016, 08:38 PM
  26. 07-06-2016, 10:26 AM
  27. 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
  28. 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  29. 06-13-2016, 04:38 PM
  30. 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
  31. 06-02-2016, 10:50 AM
  32. 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
  33. 05-09-2016, 10:57 AM
  34. 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  35. 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM
  36. 04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
  37. 04-02-2016, 11:32 PM
  38. 03-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  39. 03-24-2016, 11:19 PM
  40. 03-14-2016, 02:21 PM
  41. 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
  42. 02-13-2016, 12:34 PM
  43. 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
  44. 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM
  45. 01-31-2016, 05:07 PM
  46. 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
  47. 01-28-2016, 03:02 AM
  48. 01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
  49. 01-21-2016, 05:07 PM
  50. 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Testing
    By mrwdjv in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. testing
    By Spikito in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM
  3. Well testing
    By 99formulals1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
  4. Testing
    By Y2KPewterSS in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •