Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021223848 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1129
Like Tree17Likes

Been testing Oil

This is a discussion on Been testing Oil within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sarge Do you have any mods done to your car? And thanks for posting results....this is the ...

  1. #341
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Do you have any mods done to your car? And thanks for posting results....this is the purpose of the thread frankly. Morons over at ls1gto.com flame this thread saying " that is rumor" and "I want to see data before I believe it"...and just blow right by the fact this thread is asking for data/real world user input and makes no claim whatsoever. Seems like that place is a magnet for internet "experts"......I digress
    I will be posting the "big spreadsheet" soon and this will be reflecting the type of car/geographical info/Etc. and results.
    Yeah I have full bolt ons and a Comp cam plus 3.73's. I wasn't expecting too much increase because I usually get 12 MPG around town anyways.

  2. #342
    Junior Member hardball75006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    12

    Spice Red Matalic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Morons over at ls1gto.com flame this thread saying " that is rumor" and "I want to see data before I believe it"...and just blow right by the fact this thread is asking for data/real world user input and makes no claim whatsoever. Seems like that place is a magnet for internet "experts"......I digress
    I will be posting the "big spreadsheet" soon and this will be reflecting the type of car/geographical info/Etc. and results.
    It's funny how the flamers bash this before giving it a try. When I saw this thread was started by you Sarge, I knew I needed to try this. I have been very happy with the results. Mileage is up, the idle is smoother and it's much cheaper than the "fuel treatments" on the market. The Goat and Lexus both love this stuff.
    Last edited by hardball75006; 10-21-2008 at 10:23 AM.

  3. #343
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Alright Sarge time for an update....

    96 Bonnevile w/206,000 miles...
    Used to haveto turnover awhile to start, now starts with a quick turn of the key and has increased milage 1.7 MPG across 3 tanks after running 3 tanks though to get it started

    00 Trans Am W/106,000 miles...
    Its getting cold up here so thats where this comes from... My battery is weak and last year winter time if i got cold and was not in the garage, it wouldnt turn over...Now been sitting in parking lot of the college and has started easily each time, cold or not... I have also gained 1.3 MPG on the interstate, my city driving varies too much to go off that.

    73 Int. Scout...
    Float does not stick no more...Ranch vehicle so no MPG...

    87 Toyota 4x4...
    Had choke issues, evidently gunk, now will kick itself off choke when warm...

    95 Gran Prix...
    Sister rolled, no data....

    96 Ford Minivan...
    Best gain on Mpg of 3.2 which is great b/c that is hard on gas but sees the most miles...

    My dad also noticed that "the ranch vehicles are runnin better than usual" I did not tell him that i put 60oz in our 300 gallon Ranch gas tank so everything has been running on it, even the lawn mower... It makes mixing so much easier to know its been pre-mixed already...

  4. #344
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    13

    Black
    2004 Monaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Sure....well 4 gallons of gas is 15 liters ( a tad over really 4 gallons equals 15.141 liters)
    and 1oz is 29.574ml.
    So for every 15 liters you would add 30 Milliliters (round the fraction up)....this will give you the proper ratio/mix. Let us know your results please.
    Sarge, Another Aussie here..... longtime forum lurker - but finally joined up today.
    I picked up on this thread from day one & have so far cycled through about 6 tankfuls of "treated" fuel (120mml's per 60 litres for everone down under).
    My car is an 04 Monaro (GTO) with about 25,000 of your miles (ie 40,000 kilometres), with headers, sports exhaust & custom tune.
    It doesn't get driven daily (usually weekends only) & I'm real particular with fuel (use only our premium fuel which is 98 octane & is fairly high in detergents etc). My tune is also locked & calibrated for the 98 octane fuel.
    Over the past couple of tank fills, I've noticed the car tends to idle smoother & I'm getting about an extra 30kilometres (20 miles) per fillup.
    Just thought you might like some feedback from one of your Aussie fans !!!

  5. #345
    I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    130

    drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

    ok, quick question for you, Sarge...gettin ready to put my baby away for the winter here...she'll prob be down for 3 or 4 months...im arranging for Stabil in the gas and run it around to get it circulated, but should i wait to try the 2-cyl in the gas until i get the stabil out of the system next spring, or try it now???

  6. #346
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWrath04 View Post
    ok, quick question for you, Sarge...gettin ready to put my baby away for the winter here...she'll prob be down for 3 or 4 months...im arranging for Stabil in the gas and run it around to get it circulated, but should i wait to try the 2-cyl in the gas until i get the stabil out of the system next spring, or try it now???
    I like the idea of of the lubrication (see film) on my upper cylinder/fuel system components frankly....I would mix with the 2 stroke...then add my StaBil....run it for 10-15 minutes and shut her down for the winter.

  7. #347
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter B-CV8 View Post
    Sarge, Another Aussie here..... longtime forum lurker - but finally joined up today.
    I picked up on this thread from day one & have so far cycled through about 6 tankfuls of "treated" fuel (120mml's per 60 litres for everone down under).
    My car is an 04 Monaro (GTO) with about 25,000 of your miles (ie 40,000 kilometres), with headers, sports exhaust & custom tune.
    It doesn't get driven daily (usually weekends only) & I'm real particular with fuel (use only our premium fuel which is 98 octane & is fairly high in detergents etc). My tune is also locked & calibrated for the 98 octane fuel.
    Over the past couple of tank fills, I've noticed the car tends to idle smoother & I'm getting about an extra 30kilometres (20 miles) per fillup.
    Just thought you might like some feedback from one of your Aussie fans !!!
    Hey welcome to the forum and may I add I have raised hell in Sydney/Melbourne more than once over the years I will also say that vegimite taste like shit!!!! I'm at my place in Grand Cayman right now and they have that stuff here So you Aussies are fucking up the culinary world man
    Thank you for your input...I run a Speed Density tune myself and have a much smoother idle and more efficient top end utilizing the 2stroke mix. Thank you for your input and enjoy the forum. You Aussies are way ahead of us in modifying these Holdens and I appreciate you guys participating here on our forum.

  8. #348
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Alright Sarge time for an update....

    96 Bonnevile w/206,000 miles...
    Used to haveto turnover awhile to start, now starts with a quick turn of the key and has increased milage 1.7 MPG across 3 tanks after running 3 tanks though to get it started

    00 Trans Am W/106,000 miles...
    Its getting cold up here so thats where this comes from... My battery is weak and last year winter time if i got cold and was not in the garage, it wouldnt turn over...Now been sitting in parking lot of the college and has started easily each time, cold or not... I have also gained 1.3 MPG on the interstate, my city driving varies too much to go off that.

    73 Int. Scout...
    Float does not stick no more...Ranch vehicle so no MPG...

    87 Toyota 4x4...
    Had choke issues, evidently gunk, now will kick itself off choke when warm...

    95 Gran Prix...
    Sister rolled, no data....

    96 Ford Minivan...
    Best gain on Mpg of 3.2 which is great b/c that is hard on gas but sees the most miles...

    My dad also noticed that "the ranch vehicles are runnin better than usual" I did not tell him that i put 60oz in our 300 gallon Ranch gas tank so everything has been running on it, even the lawn mower... It makes mixing so much easier to know its been pre-mixed already...
    Outstanding feedback...thanks Suede

  9. #349
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Drove to Tampa and back, got 23 MPG in the T/A on the highway as opposed to 20.5 without the mixture. My wife's car (2008 Avenger 4cyl) has increased 3 MPG mixed highway and town driving. Thanks Sarge!

  10. #350
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Outstanding feedback...thanks Suede
    Not a problem, i really wish i coulda got a mpg off the Gran Prix it had 140,000 miles and that 3.1L actually did worse than our 3.8L Bonnevile, I think this woulda helped greatly, but like i said my sister rolled it this last week, fucked it up somethin fierce.

  11. #351
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    She OK man?

  12. #352
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Du Quoin, Illinois
    Age
    82
    Posts
    23
    96 Dodge Ram 1500 sport

    Up date on my stuff. Haven't noticed in the 96 Ram, but haven,t driven it much. The 87 has always one the quickest starting vehicles I ever had, even quicker now! If it gets any quicker all I'll have to do will be turn the key on.

  13. #353
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    My theory is the 2stroke oil keeps the plugs pristine clean. Do a before and after....look at a plug before the 2stroke treatment then after a couple of tankfuls.

  14. #354
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    yea shes fine not a scratch on her, but when the hi po walked up to the van where my mom and dad were after first looking at the car.. the first thing he asked was "wheres the body?" well this is her sitting in the back seat... suprised the hell outa him... ill grab some pics off my phone....


  15. #355
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    That is one lucky lil girl.

  16. #356
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    yea shes 14, gravel road in the morning, goin too fast, inexperienced diver... she hit washboards over/off a 8ft culvert off the bank and upside down against a tree... she hates driving and course all last year i drove most all the time, so i guess she just figgured anyone can drive that fast, if needed...bad habit...

  17. #357
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    ok Sarge, I finally started the test.

    I went to Wally World and got the Super Tech TC-W3 marine 2 cycle oil.

    I squirted 4 oz in a full tank. It will be two weeks before I take another 11-12 gallons.

    That Penzoil or what ever is like 20 something bucks, ouch. Gastrol had a gallon for 16 and change, but good old super tech came in at 10 bucks and change, not bad.

  18. #358
    I f@#ked the prom queen RoadWrath04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    130

    drivers' morale daily.
    Destroying Mustang-

    ok, i haven't gotten numbers on the GTO yet, but i'm starting my fourth full tank on my other vehicle and here are my numbers...1997 Chevrolet K1500 Suburban 4x4, 5.7L, 6" lift with 35" DC FC2 mud terrain tires, 160K on the ticker, had a custom tune in 2002 to upgrade performance...here are your results...the beast starts a lot easier and seems to have a "lower" idle (might be my imagination, but it's DEFINITELY smoother)...previous MPG on hwy was averaging 14, new MPG at end of tank #3 with the 2 cycle is now 18.5 MPG...i'm not kidding -- almost 20 mpg in that tank, but i'm gonna recheck, cause that seems awfully high...but the math is right, it's just a question if i recorded the right numbers in the first place...i'll be checking the inside of the engine in about a month, to be continued.......
    Last edited by RoadWrath04; 10-27-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: incomplete

  19. #359
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Excellent data. I appreciate it and have added to the database. Thanks man.

  20. #360
    Junior Member 06MonteSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    84

    Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

    man, I can't find that shit anywhere! LOL

    went to autozone, walmart, target, kmart, and a napa auto store by my house...

    none of them had it....

    :-(

    gotta see if I can order it online somewhere I guess...

    EDIT: can't even find the shit online anywhere.... blaah!!
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 11-05-2008 at 09:45 AM.
    06MonteSS
    2006 Monte Carlo SS -- CAI, Poly mounts, STB's,
    Flowmaster Super 40's, Custom DiabLew Tune!
    Email: 06MonteSS@diablewtune.com


Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021223848 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM
  2. 01-01-2017, 02:29 PM
  3. 01-01-2017, 01:26 PM
  4. 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM
  5. 11-30-2016, 05:27 PM
  6. 11-30-2016, 03:55 PM
  7. 11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
  8. 11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
  9. 10-26-2016, 05:44 AM
  10. 10-13-2016, 04:37 PM
  11. 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM
  12. 09-25-2016, 03:31 PM
  13. 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM
  14. 09-19-2016, 08:58 AM
  15. 09-19-2016, 06:32 AM
  16. 09-03-2016, 07:57 AM
  17. 09-01-2016, 06:19 AM
  18. 08-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  19. 08-05-2016, 09:27 PM
  20. 08-05-2016, 03:40 AM
  21. 07-28-2016, 08:02 AM
  22. 07-27-2016, 09:54 AM
  23. 07-19-2016, 09:16 AM
  24. 07-12-2016, 07:45 AM
  25. 07-06-2016, 08:38 PM
  26. 07-06-2016, 10:26 AM
  27. 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
  28. 06-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  29. 06-13-2016, 04:38 PM
  30. 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
  31. 06-02-2016, 10:50 AM
  32. 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
  33. 05-09-2016, 10:57 AM
  34. 04-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  35. 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM
  36. 04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
  37. 04-02-2016, 11:32 PM
  38. 03-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  39. 03-24-2016, 11:19 PM
  40. 03-14-2016, 02:21 PM
  41. 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
  42. 02-13-2016, 12:34 PM
  43. 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM
  44. 02-02-2016, 02:32 PM
  45. 01-31-2016, 05:07 PM
  46. 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM
  47. 01-28-2016, 03:02 AM
  48. 01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
  49. 01-21-2016, 05:07 PM
  50. 01-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Testing
    By mrwdjv in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. testing
    By Spikito in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM
  3. Well testing
    By 99formulals1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
  4. Testing
    By Y2KPewterSS in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •