Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Axle size mismatch

This is a discussion on Axle size mismatch within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sarge Those are two piece stubs....looks like heat played a bigger role than torque in your pics....what ...

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Those are two piece stubs....looks like heat played a bigger role than torque in your pics....what do you think?
    well they looked like that when I put them in figured thats where they treated them,never figured id have to worrie about breaking them,but even around 800rwh i did,again i think if they had not been two seperate peices,i know of a guy with a m6 has the bmr stubs leave at 55-6000 on slicks no issues with them yet going on 3rd year,we A4 guys are not near as hard on them,ive never been abusive to the rear end in my car damn thing gets sideways I let out,not good thing for IRS being those CV joints are not meant for that,i know the wheel hop killed that peice but it should have never broke like that hell spines were fine, no twist,should have not been any heat issues in rear end I have the harrop so its way cooler them stock and I have ran stock axles way more them them aftermarket,didnt even get 1 summer out of aftermarkets. made way more 10 second passes on stock shit then i did these same wheels and tires..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah like I said before I broke the BMR stubs and never broke the stockers.....me thinks it is a quality control issue in heat treat.....

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

well let us know,i def. need a set.I and putting my new motor in in 09 going to turn the shit too it this year..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Here are the stubs...you can see it is a completely different engineered solution than the "pressed in" 2 piece some are selling.....

Junior Member east TX muscle cars's Avatar

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

so purdy!!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well shit...I wanted the mismatched axles and these are both the same size. Shit!!!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Here are the stubs...you can see it is a completely different engineered solution than the "pressed in" 2 piece some are selling.....
    Click for full size
    i like these so howa amany penny?and what is the warrantee?

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

Well shit...I wanted the mismatched axles and these are both the same size. Shit!!!
    Well yea! we talked about that...LOL i wanted you to have the biggest and beefest axles ou there because of what your 60' times are and what your car runs!...if you want you just shoot one of those back and i can get you the smaller one for the one side, no big deal at all! but if i were you i would keep the two BIG ones!!! they are the strongest on the market!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Nope...I'm keeping these bastards.....I think qwkgto is asking how much for the 2 piece stubs right above your post....

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by east TX muscle cars View Post
    Well yea! we talked about that...LOL i wanted you to have the biggest and beefest axles ou there because of what your 60' times are and what your car runs!...if you want you just shoot one of those back and i can get you the smaller one for the one side, no big deal at all! but if i were you i would keep the two BIG ones!!! they are the strongest on the market!
    so how much are they?What someone to put them to the test? I am planing on going 9s this year with current stock ls2 ive went 10.6 and 134mph with my twin turbo setup,so with new (built)motor plan on 20-25 psi and slicks so i need some heavy duty stuff outback..let me know im sure between me and Sarge you will have all the feedback you need..

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

we already have these in 9 sec cars, these and the big and little ones. we have been testing these for a while before we brought them out to the market

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

stubs are 799.99

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

we already have these in 9 sec cars, these and the big and little ones. we have been testing these for a while before we brought them out to the market
    who has them? what 9 second GTO's,g force has his own there are not alot of 9 second GTO out there,not trying to be an ass just would like some feedback on them.thanks..I think one other 9 second guy has gforces axles/stubs,again just asking would like some proof positive,tired of spending my hard earned money for parts ill break.

2004 GTO Owner

LS1&LS2-Forced Induction, Stroker, Nitrous, 6 speed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 9 Second Club

1) T-bonesgoat 9.67@146 MPH Warhawk LS7, ETP 265's, F1C procharger, 4L80E, 8.8IRS

2) Blewbyu 9.703 @ 143.23 MPH STS Cartek built forged 346, TH350

3) Gforce1320 9.704 @ 141.76 MPH 403, Dart 225's, Kooks 1 7/8,TH400, Chance4400, 200shot
    Last edited by qwkgto; 12-28-2008 at 11:11 AM.

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

our axles/DS/8.8 rear ends. are in a ton of 10-9 sec GTO's but most of them are all over on the ls1gto.com board, and most dont are not UPDATED on the FASTEST list. this weekend we had one guy that should have gone 9.1X's out of his i am waiting to get a call on that.
    T-bones goat is one of them, and he should have got a low 9 this weekend

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

our axles/DS/8.8 rear ends. are in a ton of 10-9 sec GTO's but most of them are all over on the ls1gto.com board, and most dont are not UPDATED on the FASTEST list. this weekend we had one guy that should have gone 9.1X's out of his i am waiting to get a call on that.
    T-bones goat is one of them, and he should have got a low 9 this weekend
    tbone has a 8.8 not a gto IRS this is what I want to stay with the original IRS,if not ill go to GM 12 bolt..no damn ford crap under my goat.

orange
    2005 corvette 2004 gto

frank beck is running them, he will be in the 9's in the next week or so, he is at a 10.02 now
    MAGNUM GTO 9.68
    Brian Miller 10.15 @ 140 MPH out of a 6 speed!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information