98 Formula
    06 duramax

auto headlight issue...

anyone have any problems with their auto feature on the headlights? Mines been acting kinda goofy lately. The lights won't shut off sometimes but if I go back and open the door then the damn headlights go out. I'm not sure exactly what's going on there. I'm gonna try a few different things and try to narrow down the scenario a little better because I *think* my dome light is kinda screwy too. I had the door open the other night and the dome light didn't come on and it was in the middle position but I'm not sure if maybe one of the kids had flicked it back and forth before I opened the door.
    Just curious if anyone has had issues with the lights or read where others did.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ok, after digging around I see it may be the door switch. I'm gonna pull it and inspect/clean it first. I saw everything from the door switch to people replacing the bcm. I guess I never put 2 and 2 together that the car had to see the door open to activate the timer for the lights. I would've thought it was related to when you pulled the key from the ignition. It would make sense though that if my dome light was acting up and the headlights are tied to the door switch that there's there first place I should start.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You are cursed. Last guy that had this exact problem died the next day. Poor Orion. Replace that cheap ass door switch. Like $15 bucks at the dealer. Crybaby.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I do have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I'm a cheap bastard, if it can be cleaned I'll clean it and take the $15 and buy some Royal Purple to mail to your house.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'll kill you.
    I have a dentist appointment at 8am. Isn't that some shit? I hate the dentist. A bunch of hate.
    Save your money and buy a whole case of Royal Purple. Then bend over and stick it up your ass. All it is good for anyway.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I'll kill you.
    I have a dentist appointment at 8am. Isn't that some shit? I hate the dentist. A bunch of hate.
    Save your money and buy a whole case of Royal Purple. Then bend over and stick it up your ass. All it is good for anyway.
    how bad can a dentist appointment really be at your age? You lie down, they pull your dentures out, hit them with a dremel, and put them back in. Wooo, that's gotta suck. Remember back before the dentures when they actually worked on your real teeth?
    How do you know that's not what I use RP for now? They don't put them in tapered neck bottles for nothing.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Maybe I'll soak them bad boys in Royal Purple. Shit shears down to fucking water after 3 seconds of use anyway.

red
    04 pontiac GTO

I had the same issues. Its the door switch.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yep, I confirmed it was the switch today. I just have to pull and clean it this week sometime. I've been watching my dome light and today it didn't come on when I opened the door so I took my finger and cycled the switch and the dome came on.

Thread Information