Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anyone seen the new PONTIAC??

This is a discussion on Anyone seen the new PONTIAC?? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Me neither, it would be nice. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/616014765 I'm gonna post it as a thread too, so everyone sees it. Damn...too ...

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Me neither, it would be nice.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/616014765

I'm gonna post it as a thread too, so everyone sees it.

Damn...too late, it's deadline is up.
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 09-28-2007 at 06:17 PM.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Signed it.. but it said it expired... and its nothing official.. but if it works, I don't care.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

no new bird... the new camaro looks exactly like a mustang from the side.

biggest change with it is the rear windows (not rear windshield...)
    no camaros/firebirds had sidewindows behind the front one if u know what i mean. mustangs did, but not camaros...
    the new camaro has those windows, thus making it look even more like a mustang

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

well after gm looking at losing 12 billion this yeah from what i know, i dont think the new bird would ever fly. fine with me, mine is worth more!

BlacK
    2001 WS6

That's what they get for doin in the maro and the bird.

It's ok AT, we don't want a bird based on the Camaro anyways, we want it where it left off.

But that's probably very unlikely, we just have to take real good care of our cars.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Black
    2004 GTO

I understood that it was the owner/driver that made the car rice rather than the car being rice on it's own. I don't consider a stock civic rice until it has the wing/body kit, stickers, etc.
    That Corvette/Fbod/GTO that's weaving through traffic at 95mph sporting it's park bench spoiler, 500hp worth of stickers, and neon is sure ricer in my book.

Anyway, GM isn't building these cars for us car people, they're building them for the car buying public.
    Have any of you looked at what's on the road today? The G8 will be direct competition to all of those 4 door Chargers you see everywhere.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Beachernaut View Post
    I understood that it was the owner/driver that made the car rice rather than the car being rice on it's own. I don't consider a stock civic rice until it has the wing/body kit, stickers, etc.
    That Corvette/Fbod/GTO that's weaving through traffic at 95mph sporting it's park bench spoiler, 500hp worth of stickers, and neon is sure ricer in my book.

Anyway, GM isn't building these cars for us car people, they're building them for the car buying public.
    Have any of you looked at what's on the road today? The G8 will be direct competition to all of those 4 door Chargers you see everywhere.
    you put it perfect.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I for one am giving it serious thought. I am going to be getting a "family" car sometime the first quarter of next year and it's a tough decision between that and a 06 GTO. But its swing heavy towards the G8 because of my 2 children.

Black
    2004 GTO

I would think about it also, but won't get it because it's RWD. Winter driving and a powerful RWD car is not a good mix.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by Beachernaut View Post

Fair comment...

MahiDude
    I think if anything happens with this "new muscle" era is that all these fat boy cars should be put on a diet, and have better rear ends. A big powerful motor loses it's appeal to me if the car weighs more than a hippo or breaks its back legs when you start adding more power. Think about how much faster ls1 powered cars could be right now if they weren't so heavy, or how much money you could have saved if you didn't have to replace the wimpy rear.

Oh yeah and another thing. What about better handling?I sure hope they are finally taking us into real competition by making cars that hold their own on a twisty track.

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by MahiDude View Post
    I think if anything happens with this "new muscle" era is that all these fat boy cars should be put on a diet, and have better rear ends. A big powerful motor loses it's appeal to me if the car weighs more than a hippo or breaks its back legs when you start adding more power. Think about how much faster ls1 powered cars could be right now if they weren't so heavy, or how much money you could have saved if you didn't have to replace the wimpy rear.

Oh yeah and another thing. What about better handling?I sure hope they are finally taking us into real competition by making cars that hold their own on a twisty track.
    yeah I think my gto handels very well and the same for my trans am. as for the "breaking its legs" the rear end is fine for stock. yeah most cars don't come with 350 hp. you name a car that I can make 500 rwhp and not break shit. go buy a honda.

white
    2000 hwaypatrol commodore

the sedans weigh well over 1,800 kilos.

1800kg = 3900lbs roughly, pig fat.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    1800kg = 3900lbs roughly, pig fat.
    bah! so like 700lb more than fbodies?

MahiDude
    I'm saying this because I keep reading all over that once you start getting over 400 rwhp/similar torque, you start having problems because those stock parts that take the power aren't so fantastic. So I'm hoping these newer vehicles will receive at least slightly better rears that will be able to withstand light to moderate power increase from mods. I would like to see the new muscle cars shed some weight also. They really need to. The engines in GM muscle cars(maro, t/a, gto/commodore) are fantastic and are by far the best bang for the buck. If they lost some of the pork that bulges over the belt, they'd be close to some cars that are much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    bah! so like 700lb more than fbodies?
    our cars weight 3450lbs without the driver. so 450lbs more.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by MahiDude View Post
    The engines in GM muscle cars(maro, t/a, gto/commodore) are fantastic and are by far the best bang for the buck. If they lost some of the pork that bulges over the belt, they'd be close to some cars that are much more expensive.
    I agree, the new Commodore SSV (your G8) is actually heavier than the previous models. They seem to get heavier with each new design.

I hear what you are saying about the rear ends, but I really think the clutches and auto boxes need adressing before anything else. We already have quite a few running around with twin turbos strapped to them so I wonder how the new A6 will hold up?

White
    2002 VY SS

And just for good measure, a couple more pics, I'm sure the owners wont mind...

And it appears we have stacked one already. Anyone after a cheap G8? Ready for export, slight panel damage, might be able to buff it out...

Last edited by Firebug; 10-09-2007 at 12:20 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information