Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anyone seen the new PONTIAC??

This is a discussion on Anyone seen the new PONTIAC?? within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by goat455 it is a sharp looking car but I have heard it will not have those rims ...

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by goat455 View Post
    it is a sharp looking car but I have heard it will not have those rims and tires but will be a 6.0l with 362hp and with a six speed.
    yep thats what it said at the G8 display at the chicago auto show. I think its a nice looking car in person. I read that it has a LS2 w/362 hp on shitty regular gas. (probably underrated) A 93 octane tune will bring it up to the 400 it made in the GTO.

Red
    2001 ws6

i just dont understand how all of u GTO, T/A and Camaro owners can say u like this car....my guessing would only be because it has the name of replacing the GTO.....i bet if it was made by toyota and called the Commadore ud all be on here saying "another ricer" .... get it 2gether guys.....4 doors are for ricers.....i wonder if it will come with neon lights under the car as an option from the factory then u'll all be "BALLIN"

red
    2004 gto

just as some say the gto looks like a grand am, that car looks alot like an evo to me. I do like the car, but it look like a big evo IMO.

White
    2002 VY SS

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i just dont understand how all of u GTO, T/A and Camaro owners can say u like this car....my guessing would only be because it has the name of replacing the GTO.....i bet if it was made by toyota and called the Commadore ud all be on here saying "another ricer" .... get it 2gether guys.....4 doors are for ricers.....i wonder if it will come with neon lights under the car as an option from the factory then u'll all be "BALLIN"
    Because it is their opinion, that they are entitled to, just like yours. Just because you dont like it doesn't make them wrong. As for 4 doors are for ricers comment... Most ricers I see are also 2 door. Soarer Celica MR2, Mitzubishi Lancer, All the X series Nissans, Mazda RX series, and more I cant think of. All come with 2 doors, so are we to compare your T/A with them? Why not? Oh, because it has a big V8 in it? Well so has the Pontiac.

I must be a ricer then...

Your arguement isn't holding water.

black
    2002 WS6

I like that car and with it being V8 and RWD it would draw me back to GM and the pontiac badge instead of looking else where like the rice lines for a new car, say like Subaru.

Personally I would love to own a 380Hp four door sleeper, noone sees them coming and the cops are more then likely to leave you alone let alone insurance.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

what you mean it dont look like muscle ..anything with a 400 hp motor stock is muscle ... Wake up its not the 60s or 70s anymore ...

red
    2004 gto

I am not so sure that you can throw the word muscle around any more now days. Way back when muscle was a look and an attitude of the car that came with enough power to send you to the local tire shop on a weekly basis if you were to generous with the right pedel. I really like the new cars but IMO you cant call them muscle cars. I think that the cars today are striving for the more BMW, sport sedan look than they are muscle anyways. I am sure there is a word for the look of the new age car but I feel that calling them muscle is because of there RWHP is way to much of a generalization.

Once again this is all one mans opinion, not facts what do you guys think.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

They are what we car the Classic Muscle Car ... but there is also what we call modern Muscle .. GTO has more HP and is quicker and faster than the RAM AIR IV... I know the engine is not pure Pontiac ... but we cant have everything .....

Red
    2001 ws6

so u dont think the car looks like it would fit right in at lets say a rice meet with neons and stickers on it? i dont like the direction GM is going with this car.....look at the challenger......that looks like an american car.....not this "thing"

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

well I do like this car. I like the fact that it is a 4 door. I think they should have an option of the 2 door, but oh well. for those calling it rice your all idioits. rice is when you put 10k into the appearance and only a k&n and fart can. and back to the 4 door thing, it would be cool to take your kids to school then smoke a ricer in you 4 door.

Red
    2001 ws6

how does that car not fit right in with all the other rice if u put neons and stickers on it? no1 has yet 2 answer that question....if toyota woulda came out wit this car I GUARENTEE half of u would be saying that things disgusting but ur just goin by whose going to be producing it

black
    2002 WS6

Talk about generalization your calling it rice right out of the box be fore it even hits production based on its looks not its performance. Yea if some shmuk wer to toss on an ugly wing and use way too much neaon then yea it would be domestic rice. This car is far no f-n piddly ass Neon or civic, it has balls that would give the f-bods a good run for the money.

If it were made by toyota yea maybey there would be a small minoroty call it rice by virtue of name but I would still take a good look at it. I want RWD that will haul some ass and swing the end out with out trying.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Stock, outta the box, I consider my TA WS6 M6 a modern muscle car.

White
    2002 VY SS

I think if you covered it in neons and stickers and a monster wing you could call it rice, so what? You could call anything rice. Even F bods... A TA with a monster wing, stickers, neons, fartcans, lambos, and subs jammed in every space available is rice. No matter what badge it is wearing...

Red
    2001 ws6

[QUOTE=Orcus79;1030474]

If it were made by toyota yea maybey there would be a small minoroty call it rice by virtue of name

thats exactly wut im saying alot of ppl r jumping on the wagon just because of whose producing it

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    I think if you covered it in neons and stickers and a monster wing you could call it rice, so what? You could call anything rice. Even F bods... A TA with a monster wing, stickers, neons, fartcans, lambos, and subs jammed in every space available is rice. No matter what badge it is wearing...
    this thing looks like it belongs in the section with the neon lights and stickers.....f-bodies dont

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Dont think just because its a f-body people cant rice one out ...Just because somebody has a WS6 dont think that they cant make one look like total crap,.....

black
    2002 WS6

this thing looks like it belongs in the section with the neon lights and stickers.....f-bodies dont
    You put all that crap on one and then they do. Are you always so general and judgenetal before you experaince something? I bet you wouldn't call it rice when one beats your ass in race.

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we all know opinions are like assholes everyone has one, but in this case you are standing alone on this car being ugly

Red
    2001 ws6

alone? check the previous posts.....im not alone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information