Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

anybody else with this problem?

Had my car tuned yesterday, by supposedly one of the best LSX tuners here SLC, anyway he got about 3/4 through the tune and realized my front O2 sensors are dead, well that's kind of expected with coated headers from what I gather, AND the throttle actuator is only opening the TB butterfly to 88% which is not allowing my car to reach power enrichment, so he could not finish the tune.

Two questions
    I was told that a 2002 ZO6' rear O2 sensors would replace my fronts and would be long enough without having to splice the wires, anybody know this for sure?

And has anybody else had this problem with the throttle actuator, I've done some searches and it appears to be a huge CTS-V problem, which has the
    LS-2 as well, so I'm sure alot of 05-06 goats have it, and maybe don't know?Why couldn't they just use a throttle cable LOL?
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

Why would the sensors be bad just from long tubes? Also, I thought that LS2 only read 88% or so on throttle body opening. Something to do with the software. Check out HPTuners board as there is info about the TB and LS2's over there.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    Had my car tuned yesterday, by supposedly one of the best LSX tuners here SLC, anyway he got about 3/4 through the tune and realized my front O2 sensors are dead, well that's kind of expected with coated headers from what I gather, AND the throttle actuator is only opening the TB butterfly to 88% which is not allowing my car to reach power enrichment, so he could not finish the tune.

Two questions
    I was told that a 2002 ZO6' rear O2 sensors would replace my fronts and would be long enough without having to splice the wires, anybody know this for sure?

And has anybody else had this problem with the throttle actuator, I've done some searches and it appears to be a huge CTS-V problem, which has the
    LS-2 as well, so I'm sure alot of 05-06 goats have it, and maybe don't know?Why couldn't they just use a throttle cable LOL?
    Now, this is just a guess, when I put my ceramic long tubes on I broke one of the 02's off, and had to replace it, now if you did not do the work yourself my guess is the shop that put them on brioke both of them.....they often break when you take them out. This is just my experience, and have had it done on other cars as well......as for the wot position, I as well think this is a program problem.......but what the heck do I know either way good luck......Brad

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Now, this is just a guess, when I put my ceramic long tubes on I broke one of the 02's off, and had to replace it, now if you did not do the work yourself my guess is the shop that put them on brioke both of them.....they often break when you take them out. This is just my experience, and have had it done on other cars as well......as for the wot position, I as well think this is a program problem.......but what the heck do I know either way good luck......Brad
    Well from what I seen a small part of the coating on the headers will fall off and plug the sensor and burn them up, I did all my own work and took extra good care of the O2s, hmm so is it in the Computer/tuning board where I can read about this? Thanks I appreciate your help.

Thread Information