2006 GTO Barbados Blue color

This is a discussion on 2006 GTO Barbados Blue color within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My nephew is looking to buy a 2006 GTO that is Barbados Blue in exterior paint. I'm helping him as ...

black
    2004 Pontiac GTO

2006 GTO Barbados Blue color

My nephew is looking to buy a 2006 GTO that is Barbados Blue in exterior paint. I'm helping him as I own a 2004 Black GTO. All the Pontiac GTO specs that I can find show no Barbados Blue color in 2006 or 2005; only in 2004. Does anyone have any info on this? It could have been repainted, but why? The VIN# is 2006. Maybe special order? Carfax shows no problems. It's for sale at a used car dealer in Bothell,Wa.; which is near Seattle. You can see it on Autotrader.com or craigslist.org. Any help would be appreciated.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Maybe they got it wrong and it's impulse blue metallic?

white
    2000 Z28

little dealers are notorious for misinfo on their cars.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

It's a goof.

Barbados Blue was 2004 only...and rare. Impulse Blue was 2004 through 2006. The only thing I am thinking is that the previous owner may have changed the rear bumper and exhaust from the left side only to one tip on either side of the rear bumper.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO

It would be funny if the dealer actually bought it as a 06. lol

Get a picture of the engine, you know what an LS1 looks like. The layout of the LS2 engine compartment is very obviously different.

So here's the link to it. Looks Barbados to me too but it's probably Cyclone Grey. ...has a Hurst shifter so it's not totally stock.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

This is 06 Cyclone Grey

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 12-29-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

That is a gorgeous CGM. AND I SPY A PROCHARGER PLATE FRAME ON THE BACK!!!!

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

the specs on that link say its a 6.0 liter

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I wonder where he got that lower mesh grille? And if that is an 06, he must have had different taillights on it as the 06s had black tails, not red like the 04/5.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Nice looking car, but I like the color and the front grill is sweet.

black
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I posted the first thread on the 2006 Barbados Blue GTO. I test drove the car yesterday ad it is Cyclone Gray. It had 19000 miles and the clutch was shot. Grabby & chattering and very hard to push the pedal. My 2004 clutch is very easy, maybe all 06's are hard. Does anyone know if 06 clutch is stiffer than 04? Also the final drive had some bad noises and the Hurst shifter was a piece of crap. Shorter throw, but very hard to move and reverse was hard to find. I know there's a lot of static about the stock shifter, but my stock shifter is excellent compared to the Hurst. Maybe the transmission was shot too. The car was very clean but I wouldn't buy it. The dealer has been in business for 35 years and said he'd get it fixed under warranty. I said good luck, and drove off. Thanks, everybody for all your help on this.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Clutch on 06s are the same as an 04/05. But looking at the pic with the ProCharger plate frame, I am assuming the car has/had a blower and the clutch was an aftermarket replacement meant for forced induction. Did you check the clutch fluid at all? May have needed to be cleaned/bled. I have been told by some who have sat in my car that my clutch isn't factory(heavier than stock) but to me it is just fine. I have also been told Hurst shifters are very notchy and difficult to find gears with. That 06 may have been de-modded but some mods may have been left with the car like mine.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Clutch on 06s are the same as an 04/05. But looking at the pic with the ProCharger plate frame, I am assuming the car has/had a blower and the clutch was an aftermarket replacement meant for forced induction. Did you check the clutch fluid at all? May have needed to be cleaned/bled. I have been told by some who have sat in my car that my clutch isn't factory(heavier than stock) but to me it is just fine. I have also been told Hurst shifters are very notchy and difficult to find gears with. That 06 may have been de-modded but some mods may have been left with the car like mine.
    The hurst shifter is notoriously hard to find gears. I had one in my 06. The clutch should not be as you described, should be smooth. My stock one would stick to the floor at times after hard driving but I think that is normal for stock

Thread Information