Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

04 M6 5.7 Cam Questions

This is a discussion on 04 M6 5.7 Cam Questions within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; what cam are you getting? guess I missed it...

IBM
    04 GTO

what cam are you getting? guess I missed it

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by derbs View Post
    I think that is still up in the air

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    04M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    I think that is still up in the air
    I decided on a symmetrical cam from Exotic Performance Plus.
    226/226 Duration .585/.585 Lift all at .050 thousandths.
    http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=652

Comp hardened springs and retainers along with the locks and seats/seals.
    Went with the Comp push rods too. 0.700.

I had a bit of an issue with the vendor, though.
    I sent them an email earlier today explaining by problems:

[[To whom it may concern Ė
    Iím pissed about some stuff;
    1) I ordered my shit on the 8th. EPP didnít process the order until the 10th. Statement entry below:
    09/10/2009 DEBIT PURCHASE Merchant_5533 -487.50
    2) I paid extra for Ď2 dayí shipping. Itís the 14th today. No Box.
    3) I needed to call to talk to a sales person about specs on this cam I ordered, I called three times, no answer. Still no call back. Terrible.
    I would like to commend Bob, though. He was super friendly and answered my questions via email. Nice guy.
    Whatís the deal with the slow order processing? If I had known it would take 3 days to process the transaction, I would have skipped the damn 2 day ground.
    Why have a contact number if nobody ever answers?
    -Marc]]
    Someone read the email 10 or so minutes after I sent it. I got the read receipt... But nobody ever replied.
    I'm pretty disappointed.
    I guess I'll hear back from them tomorrow... Still no box, by the way.
    I'll keep those of you interested updated.
    See yas.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ne0fiend View Post
    I decided on a symmetrical cam from Exotic Performance Plus.
    226/226 Duration .585/.585 Lift all at .050 thousandths.
    http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=652

Comp hardened springs and retainers along with the locks and seats/seals.
    Went with the Comp push rods too. 0.700.

I had a bit of an issue with the vendor, though.
    I sent them an email earlier today explaining by problems:

[[To whom it may concern Ė
    Iím pissed about some stuff;
    1) I ordered my shit on the 8th. EPP didnít process the order until the 10th. Statement entry below:
    09/10/2009 DEBIT PURCHASE Merchant_5533 -487.50
    2) I paid extra for Ď2 dayí shipping. Itís the 14th today. No Box.
    3) I needed to call to talk to a sales person about specs on this cam I ordered, I called three times, no answer. Still no call back. Terrible.
    I would like to commend Bob, though. He was super friendly and answered my questions via email. Nice guy.
    Whatís the deal with the slow order processing? If I had known it would take 3 days to process the transaction, I would have skipped the damn 2 day ground.
    Why have a contact number if nobody ever answers?
    -Marc]]
    Someone read the email 10 or so minutes after I sent it. I got the read receipt... But nobody ever replied.
    I'm pretty disappointed.
    I guess I'll hear back from them tomorrow... Still no box, by the way.
    I'll keep those of you interested updated.
    See yas.
    good luck with the build man! i'm itching to get a bigger cam so i'l be doing it again too soon.

IBM
    04 GTO

sounds really close the the cam I picked up from texas speed 228r specs are 228/228, .588"/.588

hugger orange

I allready have the 3,800 stall in and the hp bug so its time to mill my heads and looking at a 236/242 .580/.590 112 lsa.....might keep me happy for a little while

04M6 GTO

Wink

sounds really close the the cam I picked up from texas speed 228r specs are 228/228, .588"/.588
    I'm kind of the black sheep of the family when it comes to cams. Pops likes standard stuff, I like symmetrical. I think once you've driven a symmetrical cam and felt it rumble you get hooked.

I allready have the 3,800 stall in and the hp bug so its time to mill my heads and looking at a 236/242 .580/.590 112 lsa.....might keep me happy for a little while
    Jesus that's huge haha. Had my heads done at a local machine shop; clearwater cylinder head. $77.00 out the door. They do mail order too...
    Any idea where I can find some inexpensive headers? Texas speed has some for a great price, but I don't really want nonamers.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by ne0fiend View Post
    I'm kind of the black sheep of the family when it comes to cams. Pops likes standard stuff, I like symmetrical. I think once you've driven a symmetrical cam and felt it rumble you get hooked.

Jesus that's huge haha. Had my heads done at a local machine shop; clearwater cylinder head. $77.00 out the door. They do mail order too...
    Any idea where I can find some inexpensive headers? Texas speed has some for a great price, but I don't really want nonamers.
    I have a friend doing my heads (with me) for free all I have to do is buy the bolts and head gaskets.....i had them off before and ported them, but didn't mill them at the time.

I bought Pacesetter headers from Pacsetter for $450 shipped, I had them in I think 3 days sitting at my back door

IBM
    04 GTO

Thats what I ending up buying pacesetter coated headers from maryland speed for $389.00 that was with shipping and $143.00 for the cattless mids. As for the heads the ones at texas speed will work great that has to be the best bang for your buck getting some name brand ones cost alot!! I'm a cheap bastard lol but I'll tell you those long tubes with that spintech catback sure sounds fing mean

04M6 GTO

Thats what I ending up buying pacesetter coated headers from maryland speed for $389.00 that was with shipping and $143.00 for the cattless mids. As for the heads the ones at texas speed will work great that has to be the best bang for your buck getting some name brand ones cost alot!! I'm a cheap bastard lol but I'll tell you those long tubes with that spintech catback sure sounds fing mean
    That's what iv'e got for exhaust now (minus the headers).
    I liked Spin Tech for a number of reasons, but mainly the ready-to-race, understated sound.

04M6 GTO

Update

Here's the latest update...
    So apparently, the vendor they order the cam from doesn't carry that part anymore, and didn't notify them until today (what the fuck?).
    Spoke to a lady about it this afternoon.
    Said they could get me a replacement cam that was the same, but the cam I ordered was symmetrical and the specs she talked about were not (228/235 or something).
    So I emailed that guy I talked to at EPP. The cool one. Still havent heard anything back, though. 7 days and counting.

-----------------------
    "Hi Marc, I'm sorry you are upset. Apparently it took two days for your order to be processed through our webstore, I don't know why the processing took so long. We drop ship the camshafts directly from Patriot. I will have Xxxxx get you the tracking number. If you have any questions, please shoot me an e-mail as our phone lines get very busy.
    Thanks. Xxxx"
    ----------------------------
    Thanks, Xxxxx.
    I got a phone call from Xxxxx (I think) today, we talked about the cam issue and how the vendor doesn't carry that specific cam anymore.
    The lady I spoke with said we could get a replacement cam that was the same as the first one I ordered.
    We spoke very briefly, as I was at the office and it's tough to concentrate on a phone call with a million things going on at once.
    Anyway, she was super nice and I said go ahead with the replacement cam.
    I'm concerned though - The one I wanted was symmetrical - This one's not(?).
    What are the specs exactly?
    She was supposed to get back at me this afternoon, but I either missed her, or she forgot.
    Where do we stand on the shipping stuff? Will Patriot eat an overnighter for you guys?
    Still no springs, either. It's now the 15th, 4 business days from the day the monies were transferred from my account to EPP.
    Fill me in

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:21 AM
    To: Mansfield, Marc; Xxxxx@exoticperformanceplus.com; Xxxxx@exoticperformanceplus.com; Xxxxxx@exoticperformanceplus.com
    Subject: Re: Thank you for your recent order

-------------------------

IBM
    04 GTO

Looks nice, for sure the best sounding catback I've ever had,
    Last edited by derbs; 09-16-2009 at 12:12 PM.

yellow
    2004 gto

i've got my eye on this one.. post a million pix.

when funds are better i plan on LT's w/catted mids, cam.. size??, and head work. i also had a hard eye on the OTRCAI... i cant wait to see your results.

are you doing the work yourself or letting a shop do it?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith564` View Post
    i've got my eye on this one.. post a million pix.

when funds are better i plan on LT's w/catted mids, cam.. size??, and head work. i also had a hard eye on the OTRCAI... i cant wait to see your results.

are you doing the work yourself or letting a shop do it?
    save a little money and first get all the poly bushings, adjustable caster bushings from pedders, and springs.....you want and need them, you just don't know it yet lol trust me, it will make your car hook and handle incredible

yellow
    2004 gto

save a little money and first get all the poly bushings, adjustable caster bushings from pedders, and springs.....you want and need them, you just don't know it yet lol trust me, it will make your car hook and handle incredible
    it's funny you said this cause i just read the 5 page pedders install. and your right. i should have put that on this list.. but since the subject was on engines/hp exc... i was'nt thinking of the bushings...

but the bushings are on my short list of things to do. i replaced two rear tires yesterday due to wear on the very inside side part of the tire.. sagging springs? i guess.. idk.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith564` View Post
    it's funny you said this cause i just read the 5 page pedders install. and your right. i should have put that on this list.. but since the subject was on engines/hp exc... i was'nt thinking of the bushings...

but the bushings are on my short list of things to do. i replaced two rear tires yesterday due to wear on the very inside side part of the tire.. sagging springs? i guess.. idk.
    yup sagging springs! if your on a budget (i know I am) Energy Suspension is cheaper but doesn't carry the adjustable front strut rod bushing ($245 for the pair through Pedders)

IBM
    04 GTO

Are you using the Energy bushings on your car? I just wanna know your in put on them.

hugger orange

Are you using the Energy bushings on your car? I just wanna know your in put on them.
    yup, everything is Energy Suspension except for the strutrod bushings and tierod ends

jack your car up and see if you can shake your front wheel back and forth, it was crazy just how bad my tierod ends were.

also with wheel jacked up try and move it front to back, the strutrod bushing will fix this

IBM
    04 GTO

I'm thinking everything needs replaced since my tsw thruxtons don't fit from the post I added earlier today.

hugger orange

I'm thinking everything needs replaced since my tsw thruxtons don't fit from the post I added earlier today.
    you want to go all poly everywhere....you just don't know it yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information