Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

04' GTO front mount TC78 LQ4

This is a discussion on 04' GTO front mount TC78 LQ4 within the GTO forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; subscribed... Lookin good...

white
    2000 trans am vert.

subscribed... Lookin good

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Thanks bro, I got some piping back yesterday, new timing cover with bung welded in for oil return, so im in the middle of final mock up.

Need to figure out how im gonna do the wastegate then i should be ready to rock this bitch out. I test fit the radiator and lines for that, i was very happy they all fit ok.

Tightened down the motor mounts, bolted the manifolds back on with gaskets for the final time.

im hoping to get the wastegate plumbed tomorrow, then its onto the cold side and putting the radiator brackets back on. i hope to atleast have a couple pics by sunday afternoon.

white
    2000 trans am vert.

That's great ... Now, how much have you got invested in the project so far. If you don't mind me asking... I'm all fired up for ya, now

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

lol, i would way just over 3k total.

i was right at like 2900 last week before i paid a local fabricator 140 bucks for some tig welding on different things.

ive probably got another 200 bucks to spend though, i know ill need some more silicone and ic piping, and have to get coolant, plugs and oil. ive got all the other fluids already.

white
    2000 trans am vert.

Very nice... Ok, i'm still watchin' you.

Happy New Year...

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Well, thanks to so motivation by Rossko85 last night i got my ass today and decided to do some more work.

I was originally going to plumb my wastegate into my down pipe, and even cut and shaped the metal to make that happen, Thought it looked very nice as well.

But after much though, i decided, i liked knowing that my wastegate is opening and i like the sound. so im going with the old open dump.

Furthmore, i was able to all but complete my battery relocate yesterday with the help of rossko, so today i decided i would go ahead and run the positive cable to the front, i got some outdoor electrical conduit from home depot, its gray in color, lol. very rigid shit, it was not easy fishing it behind my some shit in the rear of the car. but overall im happy with it, it follows the exact same path my return oil followed for the rear mount.

well, onto the pics i suppose, just 3 today.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

With your battery relocated....get a grounding strap and ground your engine block to your frame. Trust me on this one.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Looking good!!

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Thanks sarge, i was thinking the same, i read your relocate thread, and basically bought what you did, my conduit is different because i couldnt find the blue shit at HomeDepot, lol.

This stuff is nice though, very tough. Should work well.

thanks for the compliments

Universal Pisser Offer Fester801's Avatar

Torrid Red
    05 GTO M6

subscribed... Looking good!!

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Well got all my wiring done, and hooked up the battery, KEY-ON and ive got lights and dings and all kinds of pretty sounds

bumped the starter just to see and nothing arg!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

looks like your geting closer,make sure all your grounds are connected there are several on our cars the one that went under the air conditioning pump has to be grounded if not you will not get the car to even turn over,its easy to leave that one off .you cant see it unless u look under the car.also must have the shifter module plugged in ( the one that goes onto the side of the trans) will do the same thing.kapoots..

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    looks like your geting closer,make sure all your grounds are connected there are several on our cars the one that went under the air conditioning pump has to be grounded if not you will not get the car to even turn over,its easy to leave that one off .you cant see it unless u look under the car.also must have the shifter module plugged in ( the one that goes onto the side of the trans) will do the same thing.kapoots..
    Im gonna crawl under their tonight and see if i missed it, because i tried the other night to bump the key and nothing happened with the starter, all the little lights and buzzers and all the frilly shit came on, but i was thinking i missed one somewhere,

I didnt get a clear answer earlier, but does the alternator ground internally or is there and actual ground wire for it coming off it??

I keep forgetting to look when im down their. But nothing sticks out at me.

I did however trace the wires the other night, and didnt notice one, it appears that what could be ground the (black wire running next to power wire for starter) splices into a purple wire and goes to a clip up by the fuses and all that jazz.

I dont know.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I beleive the alt has just the one wire,plus the GM plug think its grounded that way,im betting you left off the ground near the air unit,its way up under there easily missed, it actually bolts to the bracket that bolts to the block then the air compressor unit bolts ontop of it,did the same thing once tucked it back outa the way ,to forget it once I had motor back in the car.

BOM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Pics of this ground wire by the AC compressor ?

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Qwk. I'm really not seeing something I missed bro. I don't have the AC anymore and can't see anything under their I might have missed.

This ground u speak of, is it a block ground? Or a ground for something important?

Also, can someone go into the secret menu and tell me what ur voltage reads?? Or does anyone know what the minimum startup voltage is?

I'm going to be trying for the first tomorrow I think and want to make sure my battery isn't dead. All my lights and shit come on but it says security blah blah see dealer on the dash display.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if u want to call or something maybe someone can talk me through some trouble shooting. Qwk we've talked on the phone close to a year ago. I remember u telling me stories about ur front mounts at That time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2004 GTO,A4 turbo build in the progress and corn juice to follow

BOM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Last edited by thedak; 02-27-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Jax, Sounds like your battery may be low. Gto's are very sensitive to voltage and amps, and many low batteries have caused lots of problems, make sure it is very hot and ready to go, hate to see you struggle over a low battery!

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by thedak View Post
    I know of no ground wire near the AC Compressor.
    well that does not surprise me since you have no idea what its like to work on your own car,that ground is there on the 05 -06 Goats

BOM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    well that does not surprise me since you have no idea what its like to work on your own car,that ground is there on the 05 -06 Goats
    I pay a guy to wax it for me too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information