Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Talking 04 goat stock vs 07 audi s8 v10 450hp

This is how it went down i was cruising about 75 looked in my rearview and BAM this mean ass looking audi was trying to hunt me down.He then blew by me in the fast lane so i zipped around the slow lane to catch up we both looked over at each other .I then popped the clutch to see if he was serious he was but for some reason he dropped in behind my GTO.We were already going about 80 so i went from 5th to 4th and flew outside to the right lane he was on my ass but i was slowly walking away from him up to about 140 mph then of course traffic so we had to slow down.I knew it frustrated him my GTO just showed up his 90,000 dollar audi not by much but enough to earn bragging rights.The audi specs are V10 5.2 450 hp 12:1 compresion 6 speed auto stick but the damn thing weighs about 4600 pounds .Thats almost 1000 pounds more than our stock Goats.Tell you one thing iam damn proud of my 5.7 pushrod V8 and i wouldnt trade the feeling i got from that win for nothing not even a 90,000 dollar 450 hp audi.

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

1st off your car weighs 4400lbs, not 3400....I'm not calling BS just yet it is possible but If your stock, unlikley, maybe he wasn't racing...lol, sorry to bust your bubble but you are only putting @ 290 to the wheels stock and he is putting almost 400 to the wheels, poor driver, or wasn't racing be my guess
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

I sat in a RS4......the GTO stands no chance against a R8 unless its heavily modded

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon100 View Post
    I sat in a RS4......the GTO stands no chance against a R8 unless its heavily modded
    he said S8, if that makes any difference

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    he said S8, if that makes any difference
    No, difference, Alex read my comments, You know I'm right....LOL..my .02 worth and mine counts

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    No, difference, Alex read my comments, You know I'm right....LOL..my .02 worth and mine counts

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

Wow i never bothered looking at the weight of my goat its f***ing heavy i just guessed it was around 3800 pounds thats not good i should do a little more homework on my car before i guess. Yeah youre probally right then cause i just slammed it out of no where and did not let up hell all i knew was that i was out gunned by 2 more cylinders and also mayby he wasnt ready yet and thats why he was still behind me .All i know is that he was about 2 car lengths behind me and then dropped back plus it was a brand new car and he was also probally thinking his engine wasnt fully broken in yet and why bother giving it his all on something he knows he can already beat. I know thats what i would be thinking if the tables were turned. Besides now iam going to make something good out of something bad i figure some nitrous and some headers and a good tune and next time i wont have to think twice before beating that big german car and i will definatley have some more confidence around these supercharged 03 to 04 cobras and shelby GT500s.Thanks guys for youre imputs and taking it easy on my neglagenece i let my ego get the best of me but now iam back down from the clouds.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

1st off your car weighs 4400lbs, not 3400....I'm not calling BS just yet it is possible but If your stock, unlikley, maybe he wasn't racing...lol, sorry to bust your bubble but you are only putting @ 290 to the wheels stock and he is putting almost 400 to the wheels, poor driver, or wasn't racing be my guess
    sry but your way off on one thing.......that audi is definitly NOT putting 400 to the ground awd cars lose 22-24 percent thru drivetrain loss and that car is heavy as fuck.....id roast the shit out of that pig..moooooo havnt researched the weight but im SURE Its 4000 plus do the math and its prolly only 350 to the wheels.........that adds up to a fairly equal run vs a stock ls1 from a roll........90k = c6z06+sweet suv for a DD ..fuck the audi

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Exclamation Audi pushing more like 90hp per wheel

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    sry but your way off on one thing.......that audi is definitly NOT putting 400 to the ground awd cars lose 22-24 percent thru drivetrain loss and that car is heavy as fuck.....id roast the shit out of that pig..moooooo havnt researched the weight but im SURE Its 4000 plus do the math and its prolly only 350 to the wheels.........that adds up to a fairly equal run vs a stock ls1 from a roll........90k = c6z06+sweet suv for a DD ..fuck the audi
    Yea the GOAT probably would beat the audi because of the AWD. Remember the GOAT actually is pushing like 320hp to the wheels stock (whoever said 290 is crazy). What this all means is that the AUdi is pushing about 90hp per wheel and the GOAT is pushing about 160 per wheel. Once you spread all that hp to all four wheels there is a lot of parasitic loss of horsepower through the drivetrain. My brother owns a Scion TC w/ just an intake and he smokes Subaru WRX's all the time because the hp is spread to 4 wheels where his is only spread to 2. Screw AWD; I'd rather be pushed from the rear end. All in all two wheels driving a car is far better than 4 when it comes to speed.

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7literMustangEater View Post
    Yea the GOAT probably would beat the audi because of the AWD. Remember the GOAT actually is pushing like 320hp to the wheels stock (whoever said 290 is crazy). What this all means is that the AUdi is pushing about 90hp per wheel and the GOAT is pushing about 160 per wheel. Once you spread all that hp to all four wheels there is a lot of parasitic loss of horsepower through the drivetrain. My brother owns a Scion TC w/ just an intake and he smokes Subaru WRX's all the time because the hp is spread to 4 wheels where his is only spread to 2. Screw AWD; I'd rather be pushed from the rear end. All in all two wheels driving a car is far better than 4 when it comes to speed.
    TC beating a WRX?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by starcheif View Post
    Wow i never bothered looking at the weight of my goat its f***ing heavy i just guessed it was around 3800 pounds thats not good i should do a little more homework on my car before i guess. Yeah youre probally right then cause i just slammed it out of no where and did not let up hell all i knew was that i was out gunned by 2 more cylinders and also mayby he wasnt ready yet and thats why he was still behind me .All i know is that he was about 2 car lengths behind me and then dropped back plus it was a brand new car and he was also probally thinking his engine wasnt fully broken in yet and why bother giving it his all on something he knows he can already beat. I know thats what i would be thinking if the tables were turned. Besides now iam going to make something good out of something bad i figure some nitrous and some headers and a good tune and next time i wont have to think twice before beating that big german car and i will definatley have some more confidence around these supercharged 03 to 04 cobras and shelby GT500s.Thanks guys for youre imputs and taking it easy on my neglagenece i let my ego get the best of me but now iam back down from the clouds.
    Motor break in...... Break it in the way your going to drive it. Do you think we break in the motors we drag race....? Other than the initial fire up,seating the rings,and getting all the assembly lube washed off everything.Change the oil.... Drive it like you stold it!!
    Shit if it's going to break I want it to break while the sherry pickers still out and all the tools.....Not 3 weeks later.

You'll need at-least a 150 shot if you think your going to beat some Terminator Cobras. You'll lucky to find a single one that is still stock. Not to mention some drag radials and a clutch that will hold the bottle.
    Those GT500's are going high 10's with a tune and drag radials out here too. Don't get a head of yourself. Not trying to bust your bubble but trying to prevent you from looking at tail lights.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    2004 GTO

I said 290rwhp, and that is spot on(fact) for an auto car, my car dynoed @ 332rwhp, with LT, full exaust, CAI, Maf, Tune, and It's an M6 car. Less parasitic Loss, Get it dynoed, Know the FACTS, not guesses...

Awaiting Activation 5.7literMustangEater's Avatar

Torrid Red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Lightbulb I Know The Facts!!!!!

I said 290rwhp, and that is spot on(fact) for an auto car, my car dynoed @ 332rwhp, with LT, full exaust, CAI, Maf, Tune, and It's an M6 car. Less parasitic Loss, Get it dynoed, Know the FACTS, not guesses...
    Mine dynoed at 320 rwhp stock. It now dynoes with a CAI and Predator tune at 350 rwhp. I also have an M6. My brother is a mechanical engineer and works for Delphi. I trust his math better than anyone's on this site. Parasitic loss through the drive shaft to the rear is about 30 hp+/- a couple. I believe under normal atmospheric, gravity, and driver capability circumstances that the GTO probably does about 300 rwhp on the street. Look under your hood and tell me what company you see on some of the stock parts for the GTO (DELPHI). It is nice to have a family member who works so closely with GM. BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black
    2004 GTO

Mine dynoed at 320 rwhp stock. It now dynoes with a CAI and Predator tune at 350 rwhp. I also have an M6. My brother is a mechanical engineer and works for Delphi. I trust his math better than anyone's on this site. Parasitic loss through the drive shaft to the rear is about 30 hp+/- a couple. I believe under normal atmospheric, gravity, and driver capability circumstances that the GTO probably does about 300 rwhp on the street. Look under your hood and tell me what company you see on some of the stock parts for the GTO (DELPHI). It is nice to have a family member who works so closely with GM. BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good for your brother, I am soo proud of him....LOL.....facts are facts, but this all depends on the dyno too, Smart guy....It is usually 15-18% for M6 cars, and 18-20% for autos, now I have my Dyno sheet if there is any doubt?, Know the Facts not what your plastic part making brother says...>LOL

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by starcheif View Post
    Hey buddy, stay away from the Terminators, 03-04 cobras, they will rape you. This is the voice of experience, I can beat one in stock form, but look @ my mods, My buddy has one, he has smaller pulley, ported SC, tune, LT, full exaust, DR, and bigger intercooler, beat me by 1 1/2 cars, from a 10mph roll, 20mph roll, and a dig. stock for stock they win, FACTHe is about 550rwhp and those cars love mods. little $ make big gains, not many are stock pulley is only $100
    I wasn't digging on you for your thread, I said it was possible, but I like facts, as you can tell
    Last edited by superchargedblackgto; 07-11-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Mr.GTO

black
    2004 pontiac GTO

I hear what youre saying about about those cobras and GT500s. Not saying ill win every race but i dont drag race that often most of my races are on the freeway thats were i feel more at home .I guees i like the feeling of driving fast and being able to maintain a high rate of speed .So what iam looking for is top end vs quartermile .And as long as iam in a close race with these supercharged fords ,powerful high priced german autobahn flyers and ,turbochrarged happy japenese wing machines .I will have a big smile on my face and i love the fact that GM has kept there big powerhouses N/A pushrod big cam V8s you cant get much more true american performance than that. Dodge is a different story all i know is that a viper puts a lot more fear into me than a GT500 would stock for stock same with the new Z06 and iam saying thats even if i did have the NOS set up .My friend has a 91 nissan 240 sx with a turbochrarged 4cyl from a 98 silvia imported from japan that little fucker is running like 330 hp he can easily run high 11s steet tires all day long all i know is he smoked my GTO more like a slaughter on the freeway wont even attempt running him quartermile even if i had NOS as well .There are some things ive come to expect and thats sometimes iam going to loose so bad i wont wanna drive agian but in those close races thats why i keep trying .

silver
    2004 gto

all i have to say is get a zo6 everything is there power performance suspension EVERYTHING maybe a TT or a supercharger n then the car will be unstopable thats the best AMERICAN car out there over viper ford gts u name it and with some mods damn!!! that has to be everyones dream car sure is mine

and if u dont think so then thats your opions but i love the new zo6
    2004 GTO silver/red int.
    SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust
    Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Headers
    3" Mid pipes (no Cats)
    K&N CAI
    SLP Heavy Duty Sway Bar SLP Sway Bar Bushings
    GMM Ripshift
    125 shot of nitrous HSW
    nittos D/Rs 555R
    Hp Tune 13.03 @ 109 mph (without nitrous, GMM Ripshift, and Nittos)

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by slpgto2004 View Post
    all i have to say is get a zo6 everything is there power performance suspension EVERYTHING maybe a TT or a supercharger n then the car will be unstopable thats the best AMERICAN car out there over viper ford gts u name it and with some mods damn!!! that has to be everyones dream car sure is mine

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by slpgto2004 View Post

Try a hottie driving one with a 150 shot and a LPE tune......... She is new to the site her screen name is zo6mona. I meant her at the dragstrip back in Indiana a few weeks ago. I saw her banging gears when we left the track at the end of the night. The tires were so bald she was throwing sparks like no tomorrow crossed up in both lanes!!
    Give her a welcome in the new members....Maybe you'll get her to post some pics.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post

Try a hottie driving one with a 150 shot and a LPE tune......... She is new to the site her screen name is zo6mona. I meant her at the dragstrip back in Indiana a few weeks ago. I saw her banging gears when we left the track at the end of the night. The tires were so bald she was throwing sparks like no tomorrow crossed up in both lanes!!
    Give her a welcome in the new members....Maybe you'll get her to post some pics.
    NIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

Thread Information