Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Z28vs Supra

This is a discussion on Z28vs Supra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman You're saying "BPU", which consists of an intake, exhaust, and boost controller, will add 150RWHP to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    You're saying "BPU", which consists of an intake, exhaust, and boost controller, will add 150RWHP to an otherwise stock Supra??

I swear you ricers are on drugs, its ridiculous...

Unless you're cranking the boost up by ungodly amounts with the boost controller, that isn't even in the ballpark. Just like the Evo and STI guys that claim they gain 50 AWHP from a new downpipe.

Its just plain off the wall.
    Oh Wesman you Really you need to READ and comprehend before you start posting and quit with the juvenile ricer talk.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J'stransam
    Basic power upgrade(I think, downpipe with full exhaust,cold air intake,blow off valve,and maybe boost controller)

Like previously posted BPU upgrades on a stock 93-98 Turbo Supra are the following:
    1) Downpipe
    2) Exhaust
    3) Boost Controller
    4) Blow off Valve
    5) Intake
    Only around 1,500 in mods. Other additions(Which I specefically mentioned)Larger front mount, etc. Will EASILY get you 420rwhp. Sorry it's true and a FACT. Welcome to the 1990s. The Supra I-6 Engine can hold roughly 1000 crank hp on stock internals. The car was serioulsy detuned from the factory.

http://mkiv.com/faq/faqtt.html#bpu1 ---BPU Info
    http://suprastore.com/450hppackage.html ---BPU Packages
    http://www.t04r.com/faq.php ---High horspower Supras with Stock engines.

Questions? Oh and I gained 56awhp from a TURBO BACK EXHAUST system and ECU reflash on my 05 STi not 50, you were a little low....
    Last edited by garrettjj; 12-12-2006 at 04:43 PM.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

dont try and explain turbo motors to wesman its incomprehensible to him .....never argue with an idiot( we all know the rest)

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj View Post
    The Supra I-6 Engine can hold roughly 1000 crank hp on stock internals.

thats insane amount of power on stock internals

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

You're saying "BPU", which consists of an intake, exhaust, and boost controller, will add 150RWHP to an otherwise stock Supra??

Unless you're cranking the boost up by ungodly amounts with the boost controller, that isn't even in the ballpark. Just like the Evo and STI guys that claim they gain 50 AWHP from a new downpipe.

A typical pump gas "BPU" supra w/o upgraded intercooler will lay down high 300's at the wheels no problem. W/ a front mount intercooler low to mid 400's rwhp depending on if with pump or race gas. I layed 376rwhp and 394 rwtq with just downpipe, exhaust, cone filter, pullies, boost controller, I'll have no problem laying down close to 400 or above at the wheels on pump with upgraded intercoolers. A supra will easily lay 15-25whp more pound for pound of boost, (in direct comparison), just because it's turbos are a bit bigger stock. Bolt-ons make leaps and bounds in hp/tq on a turbo car.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    damn turbo cars,lol
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by whiteghoztt View Post
    A typical pump gas "BPU" supra w/o upgraded intercooler will lay down high 300's at the wheels no problem. W/ a front mount intercooler low to mid 400's rwhp depending on if with pump or race gas. I layed 376rwhp and 394 rwtq with just downpipe, exhaust, cone filter, pullies, boost controller, I'll have no problem laying down close to 400 or above at the wheels on pump with upgraded intercoolers. A supra will easily lay 15-25whp more pound for pound of boost, (in direct comparison), just because it's turbos are a bit bigger stock. Bolt-ons make leaps and bounds in hp/tq on a turbo car.
    That's why I always wanted a TT Supra or 300zx TT, but could never find one in the condition and price that I wanted to spend. Those cars are made for easy cheap modding.

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    damn turbo cars,lol
    Hehe, true. The main reason for the decent gains from bolt-ons is turbo cars come from the factory quite restricted due to emissions, gas mileage and driveability restraints. Most turbo vehicles including the Supra, 300ZX, EVO/STi, etc have a fair amount of room for improvment because of that.

Sometimes hard to believe, but I've encountered this first hand with my turbo cars and it makes a huge difference with just replacing the exhaust/breathing components and raising the boost either with a boost controller(Supra) or ECU reflash(STi/EVO). Relatively Cheap and very effective.
    Last edited by garrettjj; 12-13-2006 at 11:56 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    dont try and explain turbo motors to wesman its incomprehensible to him .....never argue with an idiot( we all know the rest)
    Always something positive to contribute.

Just STFU retard, nobody wants to skim through your worthless posts

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

I dynoed stock at 305 rwhp. On the dyno I took off my stock exhaust and cats and put on a after market downpipe and exhaust with no other changes. Re-dynoed and made 357 rwhp. In the process my boost went up from 11 to 13 psi due to removing the more restrictive stock exhausts. Not a big deal for turbo charged or supercharged factory cars.
    72mm single turbo Mirra Chrome Supra
    BL built auto tranny equipped
    Best ET 10.75 Best mph 134 (old setup on 67mm turbo)
    New setup-704rwhp 518 rwtq unlocked converter
    "As seen in March 06 turbo magazine"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/smithcf/SO.jpg

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj View Post
    Oh Wesman you Really you need to READ and comprehend before you start posting and quit with the juvenile ricer talk.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J'stransam
    Basic power upgrade(I think, downpipe with full exhaust,cold air intake,blow off valve,and maybe boost controller)

Like previously posted BPU upgrades on a stock 93-98 Turbo Supra are the following:
    1) Downpipe
    2) Exhaust
    3) Boost Controller
    4) Blow off Valve
    5) Intake
    Only around 1,500 in mods. Other additions(Which I specefically mentioned)Larger front mount, etc. Will EASILY get you 420rwhp. Sorry it's true and a FACT. Welcome to the 1990s. The Supra I-6 Engine can hold roughly 1000 crank hp on stock internals. The car was serioulsy detuned from the factory.
    So just like I said, you don't gain 150WHP from Intake, exhaust, and a boost controller. You gain 150WHP from Intake, exhaust, and using a boost controller to crank up the boost much higher than stock levels. There's a big difference between installing a boost controller and keeping stock boost and installing a boost controller to up the boost.

I also love how you claim the stock Supra I6 can hold 1000HP, as if its no big deal. Not only does it take hugely expensive modifications to make that kind of power, along with race fuel, but the motor isn't going to last very long at all. You'd be lucky to get a few drag strip runs out of it before it self destructs. I've seen them blow to pieces with 600HP, those motors don't handle 1000HP reliably, don't kid yourself.

Questions? Oh and I gained 56awhp from a TURBO BACK EXHAUST system and ECU reflash on my 05 STi not 50, you were a little low....
    Yea, typical ricer. You didn't "gain 56AWHP from a downpipe" like I said (as a joke, to make fun of clowns like you). You may have gained 56AWHP from doing a full exhaust combined with an ECU tune, which no doubt increased boost pressure by at least some amount and tuned the computer to make more power at the expense of drivability, efficiency, and fuel economy.

You really are obnoxious, I hope you know that.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    That's why I always wanted a TT Supra or 300zx TT, but could never find one in the condition and price that I wanted to spend. Those cars are made for easy cheap modding.
    yeah same here...only ones i find are like still 12k with over 100k miles on em...for 300zx's that is...supras ffoorrrget it...cant touch those for anything less than 25k in good condition

Wesman-I was merely stating that for a small amount of money you can get some nice power from these cars at BPU levels which the modifications were outlined. Other's have chimed in and verified this, so I'm not sure what the argument is.

I never said anyting about keeping the boost at stock levels. Why the hell would you install a boost controller and keep boost stock? It's a given that the main reason to install it is to raise the boost with the addition of other mods. Stock boost is 11.7psi on a Supra, BPU can be pushed to 17-18psi on stock twins using 91 pump and I've been doing it for years with no issues.

The point about the I6 engine holding 1000 crank hp is that you can install an aftermarket turbo, run high amounts of boost and not need to do anything to the engine. Many owners do this. With a good tune the engine is "reliable" at 600-700rwhp. It's a given that with that kind of power you have to use higher octance gas and and exercise some caution. 1000hp is the limit and is a good talking point and has been done, but I made no claims on how reliable the car would be. The fact remains that the engine can hold that kind of power without blowing up if done correctly.

Haha you can call me a clown all you want, but nothing I said is untrue or unproven. Alright, I'm done until next time. Happy Holidays...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

destructs. I've seen them blow to pieces with 600HP, those motors don't handle 1000HP reliably, don't kid yourself.

You really are obnoxious, I hope you know that.
    yea i bet you did n00b. you assume that all imports are rice and such, but your even more obnoxious and absent minded then a ricer. everyone ignore wesman..maybe he will dissapear

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    LOL im gonna use that when i see eclipses from now on..thats funny shit......yeah a turbo supra stock runs nearly exactly the same as a stock ls1.....and theres not many stock turbo supras left out there...sick cars
    Depending on the year.

pewter

depending on the yr what? were talking about the newer body style right? 93-98 tt?? thats what i was refering to..320 horse 6 speed tran

2002 TA

Meaning times range from low to high 13's depending on the year.

pewter

wasnt the car pretty much exactly the same those yrs?

Black
    94 Supra Turbo

Reliability with a stock block Supra with 1000hp is very much doable. My cousins Supra is definite proof, but I believe the longevity at those levels definitely has to do with your tune. If tuned conservatively the stock block even abused at the track and doing highway pulls can live quite a long life.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea i bet you did n00b. you assume that all imports are rice and such, but your even more obnoxious and absent minded then a ricer. everyone ignore wesman..maybe he will dissapear

You are the one with the Username that says "king of n00bs" below it.

If you like imports so much go to a different site, this site isn't about imports or how great some of you think they are, take it somewhere else.

Everyone ignore shady milkman...he's on drugs.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

You are the one with the Username that says "king of n00bs" below it.

If you like imports so much go to a different site, this site isn't about imports or how great some of you think they are, take it somewhere else.

Everyone ignore shady milkman...he's on drugs.
    wow..... for one respect your king. dont talk to me like that. second..if you think the ls1 is the undisputed champ of h/p and tq..then your out of your mind. no one respects what you have to say...no one. i'm actually suprised your still around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information