Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    98 Z28

Z28 vs Evo going down this weekend

my buddy is setting me up with his friends evo this coming weekend if the weather is good. we are planing on video taping it so we can settle this LS1 vs evo conflict. hes stock and i few major stuff done to the Z

1989 Mustang GT

I'm interested... whats your mods btw?

NBM
    '00 Z28

the suspense is too much

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by foit3
    my buddy is setting me up with his friends evo this coming weekend if the weather is good. we are planing on video taping it so we can settle this LS1 vs evo conflict. hes stock and i few major stuff done to the Z

How are you going to end the debate when he is stock and you are modded? This makes no sense. Stock vs. stock is the fair way to go IMO. They are 2 totally diff cars which were made for different kinds of driving. Racing an EVO vs. a STI is a race which would end any debate since they are pretty much built for the same style of driving.

red
    98 Z28

opps had a type-o i have minor things done to the Z and the evo is running a catback but its still gonna be fun. i know they are different types of cars. its gonna be in the name of fun thats all i care about

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

If you have an ls1 engine modded and he has an 03-04 evo stock then you should win in the long run. You should race from a deadstop too.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You got a better chance of garnering peace between Israel and Palestine than settling that conflict.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Hell yes, i was supposed to run one this weekend but he backed out. 06 Evo though. Stock. This idiot said stock it makes 375 to the wheels. What a retard. They are rated at 286 at the flywheel. He also said they will constently trap 125 in the 1/4. Right!! I told him that i think i still have him though. I asked him where he had it dynoed, not done yet. Asked him where he ran it at the track and he had not. What a tool bag.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    Hell yes, i was supposed to run one this weekend but he backed out. 06 Evo though. Stock. This idiot said stock it makes 375 to the wheels. What a retard. They are rated at 286 at the flywheel. He also said they will constently trap 125 in the 1/4. Right!! I told him that i think i still have him though. I asked him where he had it dynoed, not done yet. Asked him where he ran it at the track and he had not. What a tool bag.
    I wouldn't underestimate that car if I were you. With exhaust, tune, and upped boost those 06 Evo's can churn 350 awhp easily. Plus, it is AWD, so there is no trick to launching it, just rev it and pop it.

He sounds like he is full of shit, got dyno numbers without a dyno? Trap 125 without going to the track?

Did he happen to have tell tale signs of being a crack addict? Check for track lines on his forearm next time you speak to him.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    damn do i hate people like that, they know nothing bout cars but talk like they know everything, just cant reason with those people

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

The 06 evo stock is no joke. The 06 VS an 03 evo is a BIG difference in speed and power. It takes an 03 evo cams to eqauly compare to a stock 06 evo. I dont know why that guy is telling you those fake hp numbers. He probably cant drive and is trying to scare you off. I think it would be really close race with a mach1.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Have you seen the video in the other thread i made in the texas section? Theres a good race of an evo VS a lightning.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I wouldn't underestimate that car if I were you. With exhaust, tune, and upped boost those 06 Evo's can churn 350 awhp easily. Plus, it is AWD, so there is no trick to launching it, just rev it and pop it.

He sounds like he is full of shit, got dyno numbers without a dyno? Trap 125 without going to the track?

Did he happen to have tell tale signs of being a crack addict? Check for track lines on his forearm next time you speak to him.
    I drove an 04 evo two days ago and there IS a trick to launching them... you cant just rev it up and pop the clutch... the motor does not make enough torque to spin the tires and it falls on its face. Its pretty tricky, you have to rev it to around 3000rpm where the turbo kicks in.. then feather the clutch a little bit while increasin rpm's slowly.. then drop the clutch once the car moves... it was pretty hard to do since I am so used to the LS1. But this evo beat a Mustang GT by two cars so a stock LS1 should be able to take it....

Settling the conflict Good one.

I guess I should go race my neighbors stock 99 WS6, that would settle things

red
    98 Z28

im confused y was there a big debate between ls1's and evo.. last time i looked evo were meant to rally races and ls1's are american muscle cars. i thought i info people i was gonna race a evo cause me buddy wants me too and every one starts talking trash
    u guys are all hardcore

im confused y was there a big debate between ls1's and evo.. last time i looked evo were meant to rally races and ls1's are american muscle cars. i thought i info people i was gonna race a evo cause me buddy wants me too and every one starts talking trash
    u guys are all hardcore
    Well we agree on something then. I dont know what this whole big debate/conflict is about either. Just go race him and have fun

im confused y was there a big debate between ls1's and evo...
    It fuels competition. For instance, who in their right mind would rather watch Liddell vs Coutour (who respect each other) fight, over Shamrock vs Ortiz (who hate each other)? It make's for a good rivalry, it brings out the best from both sides...

Doesn't matter if one derives from a rally car, and the other from traditional Amercian muscle. These cars are the best that Japan has to offer, so as far as I'm concerned (and I'm speaking to any Import owner who wants to run), bring it!

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    It fuels competition. For instance, who in their right mind would rather watch Liddell vs Coutour (who respect each other) fight, over Shamrock vs Ortiz (who hate each other)? It make's for a good rivalry, it brings out the best from both sides...

Doesn't matter if one derives from a rally car, and the other from traditional Amercian muscle. These cars are the best that Japan has to offer, so as far as I'm concerned (and I'm speaking to any Import owner who wants to run), bring it!
    Amen!!!

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Im gonna find me some LS1 this weekend at the track since there are no ls1 street racers. But i need to find me a helmet first cus if you run faster than a 8.49 1/8th mile at this track, You are required a helmet. Or get kicked out.

white
    1998 z28 vert

Ok I have a 98 z28 vert M6 with over 103,000miles on it. I got a borla cat back, slp lid, ftra, pro 5.0 shifter with a short stick,kenny brown s.f.c. and all the free mods. I had a stock (i think) 06 evo try to race me on the freeway one night comming home from work. So from 70 to 100 + i put 1 to 2 cars on him(my highway monster loves 3rd gear @ 70 ) did this 2 to 3 times same resaults each time. He followed me off the freeway and he stayed back trying to catch a light, i finaly got a light but in a turn lane and I talked with the guy a little and he said he had no chance on the freeway and wanted to see how he would do off the line. Told him he would kill me. I'm running a stock rearend and 245 tires temp was in upper 40's lower 50's. So we got a light, light turns green and hes gone, i spin all of 1st and most of second, by the time I got traction he had 3 to 4 cars but I was pulling him in fast then he let off. With the right tires it would have been different.But a good race and a good guy. You will never get a fair stock for stock run unless your ls1 has very low miles on it. Our cars are getting old but they still kick ass.

Thread Information