Z28 vs. BMW 325

This is a discussion on Z28 vs. BMW 325 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I was in beaumont last night sitting in the parking lot of fast eddies. I was talking to a buddy ...

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Cool Z28 vs. BMW 325

I was in beaumont last night sitting in the parking lot of fast eddies. I was talking to a buddy when a bmw came up and drove around us reving and the drove off. He came back like 5 min later and rolled down his window and asked if one of use wanted to race. Me in my Z and my buddy in his v6 camaro. I said i would because i have seen these at the track and a modded one ran 12.9. This car didnt even have exhaust so i know it would be to hard to let the rich boys have a taste of what a real car can do....anyway we got to where we were going to run he wanted to go from a 15....he honked 3 times and we were off....it was no contest i had him by at least 8 cars....i slowed down and he starts crying how i jumped early and got a car on him....i told him even if a i did jump you 1 car what happen to the other 7....we raced again from a dig,.....i spun pretty bad and he got out ahead by 2 the i pulled him and won by 3.......after this race he told me that we were pretty close in the 1/4....i was like ok whatever....i wanted to to run one more time from a 40 roll.......we took off again and i jumped out beating him by 6 or 7..........after this this one he said at lease he kept up with me... if i lose by a car i might say at least i kept up with someone....not if i lost by 5+...........after that he took off and it was over....he told my buddy that it was twin turbo....i thought i heard a turbo but i didnt think they came twin
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 m6
    SLP LoudMonth, SLP CAI, SLP MAF, Hotchkis SFC
    12.76 @109 1.96-60ft

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

u wasted your gas.....a 325 is a slow ass pos.....184 horsepower 2.5 liter v6 ....0-60 in low 7s i belive..basicly like racing a civic..lol ..look for m3/m5s ..a guy i work with has an 03 bmw m5...400 horse....i had him by about 3 car lengths to a 100 ..i wouldnt waste my time on and bmw that dosnt have an M in it

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

the guy in the v6 said it was a 325......i dont know i did see the back of his car very long

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by craz1469 View Post
    I was in beaumont last night sitting in the parking lot of fast eddies. I was talking to a buddy when a bmw came up and drove around us reving and the drove off. He came back like 5 min later and rolled down his window and asked if one of use wanted to race. Me in my Z and my buddy in his v6 camaro. I said i would because i have seen these at the track and a modded one ran 12.9. This car didnt even have exhaust so i know it would be to hard to let the rich boys have a taste of what a real car can do....anyway we got to where we were going to run he wanted to go from a 15....he honked 3 times and we were off....it was no contest i had him by at least 8 cars....i slowed down and he starts crying how i jumped early and got a car on him....i told him even if a i did jump you 1 car what happen to the other 7....we raced again from a dig,.....i spun pretty bad and he got out ahead by 2 the i pulled him and won by 3.......after this race he told me that we were pretty close in the 1/4....i was like ok whatever....i wanted to to run one more time from a 40 roll.......we took off again and i jumped out beating him by 6 or 7..........after this this one he said at lease he kept up with me... if i lose by a car i might say at least i kept up with someone....not if i lost by 5+...........after that he took off and it was over....he told my buddy that it was twin turbo....i thought i heard a turbo but i didnt think they came twin
    nice kill

pewter

the guy in the v6 should of raced him after he told u 8 cars was a close race and kept up..lol..be the 6 banger woulda beat him

Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

Usually people with the slower BMWs try racing me all the time . I never can get a m3 to race

Black
    1998 Formula

335i twin turbo, watch out for those, they are quick!

pewter

i would assume thats because an m3 owner prolly knows cars fairly well and knows better than to race an ls1...especially from a roll.....stock it should be very very even against one from a roll...giving an edge to an ls1...from a dig an m3 should take us.....but thats stock...and how many ls1 are stock??????? not many .....costs a LOT to modify an m3 and get any more real horsepower out of it

pewter

ya not many around yet though...they just came out a few mths ago ..and stock we got them all day long...300 horse...3500 lb car ......wait till the aftermarket starts coming out with shit for those.....id imagine 450 horse or so should be easily atainable from a twin turbo 3 liter car ..EASILY

Black
    1998 Formula

A buddy of mine in school just got one Tuesday. And one of my friends has a family shop that specializes in BMW's and theyre already working on cracking those 335's to tune the bitches up and up the boost. They are real bad ass cars.

pewter

nice..yeah they look sweet.....any factory V6 tt is bad ass

white
    1989 turbo trans am anniv

I've test driven a new 335I coupe. The power delivery is more linear than my old 2003 M3. One can also appreciate the increase in torque down low as compared to the current M3. Still no match to a well driven Ls1. But like others have said, the aftermarket will have no trouble finding more hp for little money.

----
    04 MB E500
    97 Viper GTS b/w
    93 Mustang Cobra teal
    89 Anniv. Turbo Trans Am hardtop

pewter

i do know the stock boost is set very low.....i belive its either at 5 or 6lbs of boost..can anyone confirm? anyone have any idea how much boost those turbos will be capable of?? the stock ones that is.

Thread Information