Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

z28 Killed a Saab Turbo

This is a discussion on z28 Killed a Saab Turbo within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Okay the race started like this... We were going around a corner that you normally can take at 55-60... So ...

  1. #1
    www.eautocad.com
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    257

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

    z28 Killed a Saab Turbo

    Okay the race started like this...


    We were going around a corner that you normally can take at 55-60... So I gradually took it to 70 to see if the saab behind me was game... sure nuff


    Anyways at the end of the corner, the saab mashes the gas and tries to do a nascar pass on me in the turning lane/opposing lane... I didn't notice he had the run on me until he was at my back bumper... I expect he had enough time to reach 80-85 mph by the time he was next to me.... Anyways, I punched the gas, and all of a sudden his quick gaining came to a stop. We were at stand still for a second, then old trusty z28 started getting the lead... Anyways, I took it to 120mph and after about 6-8 car length lead he got behind me and that was the end of the race. I let second run out and start a lil into third.... 120 mph is fast enough for me and apparently my competition as well.


    Moral of the story, no matter how much inertia, lead start time, corner g-force, turbo, stand still or passing... YOU CANT SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCH.


    Another win for GM! Oh wait, GM would have won either way... LOL


    ps this took place on a track lol
    Last edited by eautocad; 05-12-2008 at 01:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    my boss has a saab turbo,...i drove it one time....its slow as death.......he's like turbo this turbo that blah blah...yeah turbo on ur 2 liter engine.....i piss 2 liters

  3. #3
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post


    Moral of the story, no matter how much inertia, lead start time, corner g-force, turbo, stand still or passing... YOU CANT SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCH.


    Another win for GM! Oh wait, GM would have won either way... LOL


    ps this took place on a track lol

    Good kill haha, but let a car get past you and then stomp on it and see what your car is really made of! It's amazing to have someone be a car or so ahead of you in flyby mode and then walk on them. Stopping a flyby before it can even get started is priceless though.

  4. #4
    Member noxside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K3, Illinois
    Posts
    240

    Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Good kill haha, but let a car get past you and then stomp on it and see what your car is really made of! It's amazing to have someone be a car or so ahead of you in flyby mode and then walk on them. Stopping a flyby before it can even get started is priceless though.

    x2 agreed!

  5. #5
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    death by cubic in.

  6. #6
    www.eautocad.com
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    257

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

    haha thanks everyone i like your responses... I will have to try the flyby buzz kill one next time.... There was this one time I was following some racers and was given the opportunity to pass in the center turn lane, but i decided against it. They were rev'n out and I was behind them barely givin it any gas.... I love the Ls1 WOW just let her breathe and she'll treat you right. Help her breath and she'll really treat you right lol.

    Haha stopping the fly by was great though, it's as if time stood still for a split second.... GM has made a time machine!

  7. #7
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    this is the car your selling?

  8. #8
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    my boss has a saab turbo,...i drove it one time....its slow as death.......he's like turbo this turbo that blah blah...yeah turbo on ur 2 liter engine.....i piss 2 liters

    Just the wrong kind of 2 liters is all =)

  9. #9
    www.eautocad.com
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    257

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    this is the car your selling?
    yes this is the car I'm selling lol it's quick

  10. #10
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    yes this is the car I'm selling lol it's quick
    so within the last week or so you posted about street races, showed video's of redlining the car, and video's of running it to 120 plus?

    how much i'm interested.

  11. #11
    www.eautocad.com
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    257

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

    sold @ $8700 USD



  12. #12
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    hmmm you killed a slow as hell car?? when ever i think of performance..sabb never comes to my mind.

  13. #13
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    um also....GM is Saab parent company..so chalk up a win and a lose for GM

  14. #14
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    897

    Red
    1999 Trans Am

    3X agreed. :-)

    I did that to a 350Z that tryed to pass me like that he had his girlfriend with em.

    Heh.

  15. #15
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    my boss has a saab turbo,...i drove it one time....its slow as death.......he's like turbo this turbo that blah blah...yeah turbo on ur 2 liter engine.....i piss 2 liters


    So true, I see no point in trying to make a small engine as fast. If you want to go turbo, get a real engine and turbo that. Then you will go really fast, and you won't have the turbo lag or fart can exhaust that plague small turbo engines.

    I've never driven a turbo Saab, but I've heard the older ones had some nasty turbo lag. What do people expect though from a 4 cylinder with low compression and a turbocharger?? Engineers have found ways around it with newer cars like the '08 Cobalt SS, with direct injection and variable vane turbos and such. The 2.0 Turbo in the SS makes peak torque (260) at 2,000RPM, which is very impressive for a 4 banger. Leave it to the Americans to make a 4 banger with low end torque

  16. #16
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    yes this is the car I'm selling lol it's quick
    wanna run........................?

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    3X agreed. :-)

    I did that to a 350Z that tryed to pass me like that he had his girlfriend with em.

    Heh.
    Like that was a fast car either. There at best 10 Sec 1/8th mile, They barely trap 76MPH.

    I outrun a 350z running on 3cyl Mis firing BAD the entire track and Never got above 4500RPM's LOL,( My 2 step killed my coils) I was Completely one Legged on that race and I still beat one by 1 car. I Coasted to a 10.02 @ 67MpH to his 10.20 @75MPH HAHA, There is No race for a 350z Or a SABB.

    I really don't know why you guys don't RACE other v8's since there Obviously isn't a 4 Banger thats EVER going to keep up. At least run someone of equal value.

    I hardly EVER see another thread on ls1 of a v8 show down its always Killed another RICER B.S, If you have never Noticed the ONLY races I have Ever posted has been me Killing v8's, From supercharged S-10's to Nitrous Mustangs. I would think you guys could find at least a few other F-Bodies to hook up with.

  18. #18
    Member crazy dave ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    172

    red
    2002 z/28

    it always feels good to leave a saab owner SOBBING in the rear view mirror

  19. #19
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post

    I hardly EVER see another thread on ls1 of a v8 show down its always Killed another RICER B.S, If you have never Noticed the ONLY races I have Ever posted has been me Killing v8's, From supercharged S-10's to Nitrous Mustangs. I would think you guys could find at least a few other F-Bodies to hook up with.
    You killing V8's...

    Why do you always feel the need to try and prove something to everyone?? It seems like somehow your Nissan gets dragged into everyone else's kill stories in your posts. Give it a rest, if somebody liked your car, I'm sure they would ask you about it
    Last edited by Wesman; 08-18-2008 at 11:03 PM.

  20. #20
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post

    I really don't know why you guys don't RACE other v8's since there Obviously isn't a 4 Banger thats EVER going to keep up. At least run someone of equal value.

    I hardly EVER see another thread on ls1 of a v8 show down its always Killed another RICER B.S, If you have never Noticed the ONLY races I have Ever posted has been me Killing v8's, From supercharged S-10's to Nitrous Mustangs. I would think you guys could find at least a few other F-Bodies to hook up with.

    x2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. KILLED a Turbo Civic
    By stew215 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 06:34 PM
  2. Turbo cobalt SS Killed
    By Justin93 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
  3. killed a jerk turbo talon... haha
    By jray0305usa in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 05:11 AM
  4. Killed an AWD turbo Eagle Talon
    By Firebirdjones in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
  5. killed hybrid turbo eclipse
    By unnatural aspirations in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 04:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •