Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Z06 vs RSX

This is a discussion on Z06 vs RSX within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Superluminal So you're telling me this is a 2 bolt main? Hrmmm.... looks 6 bolt me me. ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    So you're telling me this is a 2 bolt main?

Click for full size

Hrmmm.... looks 6 bolt me me.
    Ummm...yes lol??

Looks like a 2 bolt to me...

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i see a two bolt with a stud girdle.
    Opps, put the wrong picture up there. The one posted is a GSR (B18C) block with 2 bolt main and custom girdle. Maybe I should have checked my post before letting it sit.

Regardless, I was wrong about my post. I did some research, and read up the the K20 is in fact a 2 bolt main, which I was not aware of. I assumed they looked like a 4G63 underneath:

I stand corrected. Double pwnage from posting wrong picture and not doing my research.

silver
    2002 ws6

Opps, put the wrong picture up there. The one posted is a GSR (B18C) block with 2 bolt main and custom girdle. Maybe I should have checked my post before letting it sit.

Regardless, I was wrong about my post. I did some research, and read up the the K20 is in fact a 2 bolt main, which I was not aware of. I assumed they looked like a 4G63 underneath:

Click for full size

I stand corrected. Double pwnage from posting wrong picture and not doing my research.
    lol no worries--- that's the way she goes.

Electron Blue
    2002 Corvette Z06

Who cares about K20s ;-)

As far as I have seen they can make some good power reliably. However, why anyone would ever choose a FWD platform to go fast is really something I guess I will never understand.
    2008 Lexus IS250 AWD (sold)
    2005 EVO8 - 460awhp (sold)
    1994 Nissan Sentra XE (beater)
    2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06
    Performance |Halltech Venom, 3:73s, LS7 Clutch
    Exterior |Chrome wheels, ECC Clear corners, Lowered, Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Who cares about K20s ;-)

As far as I have seen they can make some good power reliably. However, why anyone would ever choose a FWD platform to go fast is really something I guess I will never understand.
    That is the sole reasons, why I never got into Hondas. FWD, in my opinion is the wrong platform. I mean you can't even have fun with the car, unless you like understeer, yay!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

That is the sole reasons, why I never got into Hondas. FWD, in my opinion is the wrong platform. I mean you can't even have fun with the car, unless you like understeer, yay!
    I have always hated FWD aswell, but if you look at time attack results or something like that alot of the FWD car classes times are equal to and sometimes better than the same class but RWD. And some are very close to the AWD class times. So FWD can be fast its just not fun.

This is the modded class from the buttonwillow redline time attack

Modified RWD
    1. Charles Ng Alvaka/Nitto/949 Racing Corvette Z06 1:56.421
    2. Richard Taylor AE Performance Porsche GT2 1:59.501
    3. Matt Andrews Nitto/RobiSpec Mazda Miata 1:59.700

Modified AWD
    1. Ryan Gates Gates311.com/AMS Performance/JRZ Mitsubishi Evo 10 1:55.221
    2. Doug Tabbutt Switchcars.com/Synapse Nissan R35 GTR 1:58.418
    3. Russ Warr Nissan R34 Skyline GTR 2:00.001

Modified FWD
    1. Tim Kuo SportCar Motion Honda Civic 1:55.809
    2. Tom Liang Honda Civic 2:04.005
    3. John Lindeman Acura Integra 2:06.178

2nd fastest car out of all the classes was FWD, now i know FWD is the worst plaform but when built correctly can still be very fast.

Street RWD
    1. Manly Kao APR/Toyo/Track HQ Lotus Elise 1:58.872
    2. Robert Walker Evasive Motorsports Honda S2000 1:59.182
    3. Charles Ng BERK Technology Honda S2000 2:01.044

Street AWD
    1. Jeremy Toye Reese Tuning/RobiSpec Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 1:58.651
    2. Erik Islas RobiSpec/Tuning Technologies Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 1:58.972
    3. Scott VanderHeide EDO Performance/RobiSpec Subaru WRX STi 1:59.151

Street FWD
    1. Dino Tadokawa MAZDASPEED/PlayStation/Yokohama Mazda3 2:00.552
    2. Matt Andrews KBR/RobiSpec/Nitto Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder 2:03.850
    3. Clint Boisdeau Toyo 2005 Ford Focus

In the street class its more obvious that FWD is the worst platform but they are still damn close being only 2-5 seconds off The RWD/AWD guys
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-22-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I have always hated FWD aswell, but if you look at time attack results or something like that alot of the FWD car classes times are equal to and sometimes better than the same class but RWD. And some are very close to the AWD class times. So FWD can be fast its just not fun.
    That's only because most front wheel drive cars are very light and nimble. RWD and AWD has heavier drivetrain components. So FWD race setups take advantage of the weight and throw super sticky tires and good suspension allowing the rear to oversteer a bit, but they are trying to mimic the handling characteristics that a RWD and AWD car, usually produces naturally based just on the drivetrain layout.

For us gearheads who want to make some power, FWD is going to net all the power you made.... useless, for the most part.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

That's only because most front wheel drive cars are very light and nimble. RWD and AWD has heavier drivetrain components. So FWD race setups take advantage of the weight and throw super sticky tires and good suspension allowing the rear to oversteer a bit, but they are trying to mimic the handling characteristics that a RWD and AWD car, usually produces naturally based just on the drivetrain layout.

For us gearheads who want to make some power, FWD is going to net all the power you made.... useless, for the most part.
    I think all the cars in the competition are light and nimble as they are all track cars and fully gutted/ custom aero work.

I agree, for straight line fwd is horrible
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-22-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I love C5 Z's. My brother had a black 02 Z06 and man that thing was fast!

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Congrats on the '02 Z! That Electron Blue is awesome.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Well as some of you may remember me from back in the day I had a blue EVO and I visited these forums. Well I sold my EVO to pay off some debt and invest in some other things. That was back in 2007. Well, I just picked up a beautiful 2002 Corvette Z06 in electron blue this past week. I think I put 500 miles on it this weekend! Anyway, during my cruising, I pulled up on a black Acura RSX Type-S. I thought nothing of it, but as I passed him I heard the fart can rise up and he pulled up next to me staring over at me with an incredibly serious face. I looked at him with the "do you really wanna go down this road" face since he had a girl in the car.

So the road clears in front of us to do a pull, he down shifts to high RPM. I think we were going around 50mph, so I down shifted to 2nd and I let him go. As soon as I heard him give that little engine its all I stomped on it, spun for a second and then blew past him, shifted to 3rd and started putting lengths on him. I let off around 85-90mph because the race was so pathetic I dont think it was really worth me even going 100mph. To my dismay, he quickly exited the roadway which I think somehow implied he did not want to pull up next to me again. I sure wish he did! He had to know what was coming to him. Either way, if he didnt, he knows he should stick racing other all motor 4 cylinders

I cant get enough of this Z06! I got a great deal on it and I cant wait to lower it and put some longtubes on! What a blast to drive! Forgot to mention, only mod on the Z is a Halitech Venom intake!

Click for full size
    congrats on the new ride
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Awaiting Activation
    Nice kill on the stock rsx... Even with a turbo there pathetic. I put a train length on a turbo S before.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by 99_Z28 View Post
    Nice kill on the stock rsx... Even with a turbo there pathetic. I put a train length on a turbo S before.
    word same here, they are nothing special, murdered a turbo one in a cobalt ss/sc
    Last edited by zero_proto; 05-19-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information