Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2001 WS6

Z06 killed by Mustang

Well guys last night met up with a guy from a different town and we ran the cars.

1st race: 30-140mph roll i get a bumper then the turbo kicked in hard and instantly pulled back and put 3-4cars on me

2nd race: 60mph this time the turbo kicked in right away and he pulled hard and got 3cars on me

3rd race: 60mph again same turn out

4th race: 30-40mph roll and turbo kicked in instantly and he had 3-4 again.

2001 mustang gt 4.6L sohc gt-k1000 w/3800 stall th400 547rwhp 509 rwtq mustang dyno

My car is 2008 Z with just a procharger on making 4.6 psi max on dyno 531 rwhp and 478 rwtq.

He is a short vid we only went to 140 max which i was ok with but do you think this is what the out come should have been. A dig would have been worse he had drag radials, trans brake, and a 3800 stall. Me just runflats i am going with 18's with a mt drag radial, full exhaust and turning the boost up 2 psi. I wonder if i can take him then.

one race
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EOKWF2j04&feature=channel[/ame]

go straight to 3:20 this is his current set up
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9j9sPXEuxo&feature=channel[/ame]
    Last edited by clint195; 10-18-2009 at 10:47 AM.

White
    2002 Z28

The hp and tq are similar for the two cars with a slight advantage to the Mustang.

The weight advantage should lean towards the Vette.

Pretty much a drivers race.

He has an advantage with the auto trans.

I'd say he's probably going to get you more times than not because of the consistancy of the auto.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    The hp and tq are similar for the two cars with a slight advantage to the Mustang.

The weight advantage should lean towards the Vette.

Pretty much a drivers race.

He has an advantage with the auto trans.

I'd say he's probably going to get you more times than not because of the consistancy of the auto.
    Im auto to. I think he said the Turbo 400 soaks up more power but i could be wrong. He was a pretty nice guy and all to. I didnt ask him what his weight was but he said it is close to mine so maybe he did some reduction. I have his number so i will get more details.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

i am boggled... all though a th400 will hide a lot of power from a dyno.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Well he's running E85 and 25psi of boost it said w/ a built motor no doubt so those numbers he gave you may be conservative to say the least.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    ...My car is 2008 Z with just a procharger on making 4.6 psi max on dyno 531 rwhp and 478 rwtq....
    Im auto to...
    A Z06 with an automatic? There oughta be a law....

To each their own, I suppose.

black
    99 Z28

if he is just as light as you were, than it would make sense, but if he were stock weight... your car is not running good then.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    if he is just as light as you were, than it would make sense, but if he were stock weight... your car is not running good then.
    Hmm my car is running perfect the supercharger and intercooler adds i think another 100 lbs.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Hmm my car is running perfect the supercharger and intercooler adds i think another 100 lbs.
    Time to swap out your pistons and crank up the boost and you'll blow his doors off.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Time to swap out your pistons and crank up the boost and you'll blow his doors off.
    Yeah i would like to but i dont really want to pull the motor already. The funny thing is he goes to the same turner as me. I think i am going to give the tuner a call this week and ask him about the 8lbs of boost and see if it will be safe. I really dont want the motor to pop but if i get my full exhaust and the 8psi is a go i think i can reel him in from a roll. Lets just say his car sounded nasty mean. And as the run flats i think they are almost done for they are down to the nubs. mt 345/35/18 drag radials for the next setup.
    Last edited by clint195; 10-18-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Black
    2000 Z-28

I'm just wondering why you got a supercharger since you can only run a few pounds of boost. Why not just spray a 150 shot or something until you have money for some motor work?

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    I'm just wondering why you got a supercharger since you can only run a few pounds of boost. Why not just spray a 150 shot or something until you have money for some motor work?
    Well it has a 6lb pully but its only seeing 4.6 on the dyno. The guy i bought the car (RPM Transmissions) from had the supercharger but not installed and asked if i wanted it. It was used so i got it for 5k installed no sales tax with a free tune at EPP and upgraded 60# injectors. Also this kit is custom all the tubing and what not so i could not pass it up. I felt if was a good deal.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

531hp? Aint that a little low for a procharged application? Sheesh, think I'd have spent 5k on full exhaust and a cam with a good tune. And had a little change left, but with better numbers.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    531hp? Aint that a little low for a procharged application? Sheesh, think I'd have spent 5k on full exhaust and a cam with a good tune. And had a little change left, but with better numbers.
    I think alot of people forget this is thru an auto with a stall so its not going to read as high. There are no other performance mods not even headers. RPM said the numbers were spot on considering i am seeing 4.6psi max.

Here is prochargers website. 587 RWHP, 4.5 psi, ProCharger P-1SC-1, stock LS7 thru a manual. Now with mine being auto and having a 6psi pully but seeing 4.6 max i think it is spot on. Now if i turn it up to 8 but actually see 6.5 max i think it should be pretty good but i am calling the tuner this week. Hope i can get it in there asap and find out what my new #'s will be

http://www.procharger.com/C6_LS7.shtml

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Headers would be a tremendous help for you.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    Headers would be a tremendous help for you.
    Yea that is what Rodney said i have the corsa exhast sitting in my room right now may have headers by next week that is if i can get the car in the shop. Epp tuned the car becuase i got the car outta indiana. i am going to a reputable shop in omaha he said to expect 20-30 rwhp with the full exhaust and no cats so we will see. And i dont know what to expect from turning the boost up 2psi more. What do you think i would gain there 25-35 rwhp? Im not sure i will have to ask over on corvette forum. So maybe 580-590 rwhp but i would like alittle more. Also i am more of a cam guy myself.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

There's nothing wrong with your numbers Clint, that's on a mustang dyno.

Also, I think he is making abit more power than he is telling you and who knows what he has done for weight reduction.

Besides, I'm sure you were still spinning going from a 30 roll right?

Get the tires on, the exhaust, and headers if you want. Then see where you set.

SOM
    2002 SS

Imagine Breathing in with Usain Bolts lungs. and trying to breathe all that air out through a straw.

Please upgrade your exhaust I bet there's another 50rwhp sitting in there easy. Also do NOT try to up the boost on stock displacement. Unless you are running meth or something the stock compression combo with the plastic pistons doesn't sound exciting. the ls7 is a sweet motor don't grenade it over a silly mustang. If you want to run more boost on stock compression have your heads ported. it will run more power on the same boost increasing efficiency.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Yep, plenty of other things you can do instead of turning up the boost.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

There is always someone faster no matter how sweet of car you have Do full exhaust and other mods before upping the boost and see what difference that makes.......I bet ALOT!!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Thread Information