Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Z06

This is a discussion on Z06 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I was driving home ( I live in the middle of nowhere) and a 5th Gen z06 pulled out of ...

  1. #1
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Z06

    I was driving home ( I live in the middle of nowhere) and a 5th Gen z06 pulled out of a neighborhood next to me. I was doing around 60 (speed limit was 65.) He gets next to me on the two lane road to attempt to pass me and honks 3 times. I pulled on him from 60 till about 110(it was REALLY close.) and then I pulled on him again from 20-110 by about 1 car length after we both slowed down and ran again. We stopped up the road and he asked me how I beat him. I told him how much i have invested in my motor(around 8K with the tune) and he said he didnt feel too bad anymore. I wish most Vette owners were that cool. His car was bone stock M6 2003 model Z06. I want one. Sounded bad ass even with stock exhaust.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 10-08-2008 at 11:45 PM.

  2. #2
    JUISSED Midnight02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    37
    Posts
    663

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

    Nice kill -- what mods have you done? Just curious.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.


    1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

  3. #3
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    Nice kill -- what mods have you done? Just curious.
    Comp Cam, Headers, Cat Delete, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, 3.73's, full bolt ons, 3500 Yenk stall, and a tune. Dynoed @379 RWHP. Nitto D/Rs for rubber. I can usually keep up with Z06's if they have not been modded too heavily. They are nasty cars though I am surprised I beat him from a 60 roll

  4. #4
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Comp Cam, Headers, Cat Delete, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, 3.73's, full bolt ons, 3500 Yenk stall, and a tune. Dynoed @379 RWHP. Nitto D/Rs for rubber. I can usually keep up with Z06's if they have not been modded too heavily. They are nasty cars though I am surprised I beat him from a 60 roll
    nice!!! same deal here... so rare that i run in to one that wants to race...

  5. #5
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    wow 8k and you only got 380WHP? Sounds pretty weak...

  6. #6
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    wow 8k and you only got 380WHP? Sounds pretty weak...
    I had to rebuild my motor @70K and didn't have the money to do anything but the cam at the time. I should have just saved up and bought a stroker.

  7. #7
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I had to rebuild my motor @70K and didn't have the money to do anything but the cam at the time. I should have just saved up and bought a stroker.
    for that 8k you could have got a bad ass 400+cu. in. block and an nice seet of heads....

  8. #8
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    for that 8k you could have got a bad ass 400+cu. in. block and an nice seet of heads....
    If I had it all at once believe me I would. That's just all the money I have spent over the years on it. The rebuild +cam cost 6K. I didnt know as much as I do now about these cars when I got it done and I got ripped off.

  9. #9
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    If I had it all at once believe me I would. That's just all the money I have spent over the years on it. The rebuild +cam cost 6K. I didnt know as much as I do now about these cars when I got it done and I got ripped off.
    lifes lessons learned... now you kow...

  10. #10
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    nice!!! same deal here... so rare that i run in to one that wants to race...
    don't joke about viruses damnit! Just had this freaking thing fixed

  11. #11
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    don't joke about viruses damnit! Just had this freaking thing fixed
    you clicked it didn't you...

  12. #12
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    you clicked it didn't you...
    yah no shit-do a pop of a naked chic or something, i'm running a virus scan right now

  13. #13
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    At 70k you needed a rebuild? Why? And you should of told the guy less. When he asked how much you spent im sure he meant performance wise. I dont consider a rebuild part of it.

  14. #14
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,692

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    At 70k you needed a rebuild? Why? And you should of told the guy less. When he asked how much you spent im sure he meant performance wise. I dont consider a rebuild part of it.
    hell... i'm at 80k now and on my 5th motor... he is better off than i am and spent a shit load less...

  15. #15
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Comp Cam, Headers, Cat Delete, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, 3.73's, full bolt ons, 3500 Yenk stall, and a tune. Dynoed @379 RWHP. Nitto D/Rs for rubber. I can usually keep up with Z06's if they have not been modded too heavily. They are nasty cars though I am surprised I beat him from a 60 roll
    you shouldnt have beat him i dont think.. GK anyways.. and you spent 8k on all that!!!! i dont have 4k in all of my mods together.. i am ms4 4000 stall 410s ls6 prc heads ported 90/90.......

  16. #16
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    hell... i'm at 80k now and on my 5th motor... he is better off than i am and spent a shit load less...
    What the fuck are you doing to it? Sounds like an RX8 now.

  17. #17
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    At 70k you needed a rebuild? Why? And you should of told the guy less. When he asked how much you spent im sure he meant performance wise. I dont consider a rebuild part of it.

    Spun a rod bearing. And I did explain to him that I rebuilt my engine since we are splitting hairs here.

  18. #18
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    you shouldnt have beat him i dont think.. GK anyways.. and you spent 8k on all that!!!! i dont have 4k in all of my mods together.. i am ms4 4000 stall 410s ls6 prc heads ported 90/90.......
    Yes I know, it's painful. I got ripped off.

  19. #19
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    hell... i'm at 80k now and on my 5th motor... he is better off than i am and spent a shit load less...
    My last car was a 6 speed and I spent a shit load on that car's transmission and never did get it right. It was fucked up when I got it, and it was even more fucked up when I got it fixed. I have had bad luck with these cars, but I haven't had any problems with this one since I got the motor rebuilt... Knock on wood

  20. #20
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Yes I know, it's painful. I got ripped off.
    you are correct my friend! sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •