Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Z/28 Vs. Honda S2000

This is a discussion on Z/28 Vs. Honda S2000 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by MikeSomething Well the only reason I even thought it would be a decent race is cause he ...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Well the only reason I even thought it would be a decent race is cause he has such a high gear ratio... The intake & exhaust never cuts it!
    I hate to be picky, but he had a LOW gear ratio. The bigger the number, the lower the ratio. A 2.73 is a HIGH ratio. Low gears like 4.77s or 4.56s are good for drag racing but limit top end and fuel economy. They also wear out engines. High ratios are good for fuel economy, highway cruising and flat out top end. They aren't as quick accelerating. Remember, big number = low, small number = high.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by RagTop View Post
    I hate to be picky, but he had a LOW gear ratio. The bigger the number, the lower the ratio. A 2.73 is a HIGH ratio. Low gears like 4.77s or 4.56s are good for drag racing but limit top end and fuel economy. They also wear out engines. High ratios are good for fuel economy, highway cruising and flat out top end. They aren't as quick accelerating. Remember, big number = low, small number = high.
    Yea, I meant low... I understand. ThanQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
    UR
    Racist!

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Im sorry but a s2000 could whomp on a camaro on the track, camaros suck around turns.... if you knew anything.. And an s2000 isnt a bad car actually has the highest hp per liter. Get your facts straight.
    There was an article in one of the popular mags (Road and Track, C&D, MT?) which pitted the S2000 and and a bunch of other cars against a Camaro SS in an all out competition, circuit track included. The Camaro beat the S2000 around the track, no competition.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    There was an article in one of the popular mags (Road and Track, C&D, MT?) which pitted the S2000 and and a bunch of other cars against a Camaro SS in an all out competition, circuit track included. The Camaro beat the S2000 around the track, no competition.
    haha but seriously when are you gonna like run into an s2000 and be like hey wanna go race a circut or something? you dont do that you just race straight foward lol

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    haha but seriously when are you gonna like run into an s2000 and be like hey wanna go race a circut or something? you dont do that you just race straight foward lol
    Yea exactly...just had to point that out though

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    Well, I'll setup some cones & ask him for a rematch...

NBM
    98 trans am

haha yea...just to prove SS's owned it all around

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

lakewood has been temp banned again and been banned from this thread. do not get into an arguement with him. when you see him mouthing off, just report the post and let us take care of it. remember, responding to someone negatively can get you a warning as well. place has been pretty good until recently.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

YES!!!! Our sites IQ just went up! lol..... for a little while

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

what does hp per liter get u besides somthing absolutly useless to brag about??? they shoulda offered the 3.2 from the nsx in the s2k ..woulda been a hell of a lot more car then

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I want to see both of you fuck.

That was fkkn priceless!

And kinda at the same time

Lakewood, I got a feeling EE's Evo would put a bus length hurtin' on you homey. You need more mods to hang with him. I would run him though...

Hey EE, I am starting a "Help Roastem fix his damn rear-end" fund. Feel free to contribute, and I will meet you half way for a race It will be cheap for me, cause you know LS1's get like 25+ mpg on the highway!

What would be fkkd up is if we meet halfway and one of us blow some sh*t up racing, and has to be towed home...and if I drive that far we are gonna drive around for an hour and get at least 2-3 dig races and 5-6 roll races and burn a LOT of GAS and TIRES.
    Last edited by Roastem; 02-28-2007 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

That was fkkn priceless!

And kinda at the same time

Lakewood, I got a feeling EE's Evo would put a bus length hurtin' on you homey. You need more mods to hang with him. I would run him though...

Hey EE, I am starting a "Help Roastem fix his damn rear-end" fund. Feel free to contribute, and I will meet you half way for a race It will be cheap for me, cause you know LS1's get like 25+ mpg on the highway!

What would be fkkd up is if we meet halfway and one of us blow some sh*t up racing, and has to be towed home...and if I drive that far we are gonna drive around for an hour and get at least 2-3 dig races and 5-6 roll races and burn a LOT of GAS and TIRES.
    LOL! Why dont you try and make the track meet Street Lethal is trying to plan here in Englishtown. The thread is right here in Kill Stories.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Im sorry but a s2000 could whomp on a camaro on the track, camaros suck around turns.... if you knew anything.. And an s2000 isnt a bad car actually has the highest hp per liter. Get your facts straight.
    Not true brotha, camaro is a monster on the road course. Where do you think road racing got a lot of its roots in the U.S.? with sick ass rwd gen 1 camaros whooping ass in the trans am series. In stock trim the 4th gens sit kinda high, but will still whoop an s2000 stock for stock except perhaps maybe on the shortest and twistiest of tracks. With lowering and basic suspension bolt ons the slalom, skid pad and track numbers are right on par with very expensive exotics including porche's and ferrari's. Another testament to the world class, budget oriented performance potential of the fbody. With sick ass ls1 horsepower on the straights and great cornering potential the fbody is a great autocross car, why do you think all the nascars, trans am series, indy cars and all superior high level road course cars are rwd not awd or fwd, cause its far superior for road racing and drag racing also. I'm sure and members with autocross experience will chime in on this. I'm sick of hearing the import guys cry when they lose in a drag race that they will beat an ls1 on the road course cause most of them wont, and with suspension bolt ons probably none of them.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    LOL! Why dont you try and make the track meet Street Lethal is trying to plan here in Englishtown. The thread is right here in Kill Stories.
    If I get my rear end fixed in time, I will try my best to make it. Besides, most of you I would like to meet and race.

Hopefully we can get a strong showing of LS1.com members...trolls & assholes not allowed!

so.. either you dont know much yourself or you dont know how to handle your camaro?
    that was a pretty ignint statement...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    If I get my rear end fixed in time, I will try my best to make it. Besides, most of you I would like to meet and race.

Hopefully we can get a strong showing of LS1.com members...trolls & assholes not allowed!
    If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll have some nice teaser's for you guys. Tomorrow is "Street Wars" Domestic vs Import, here at Raceway, and I'll be recording about a good two hours worth. If I can squeeze in a run before getting the boot (no roll bar), I'll try and do so...

White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

maybe for a nascar circle but i would still rather have all wheel drive on a winedy road. All though ive only had my camaro 2 weeks, just noticed a hudge handling difference between it and a WRX.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I had a 2002 S2000 as a fun car for a summer. It really was a good handling fun car. It did not have the low down TQ or raw HP, but it was fairly quick once you learn how to drive it. The power doesn't even come on until 6400 rpm's at around 40mph in 1st gear. That's when it gets a little fun. It is very fast from 40-60ish then it's losing power after that. It is RWD and can whip 360's like crazy. I had to do a good deal of mods to make my T/A handle better that what my S2000 did. They are very high tech, but pushed quite far from the factory and not worth modding. I would have raced a LS1 fbody with it, but would have expected to get my ass handed to me. One of the few cars I raced with was a 92ish 5.0 Stang from a 35 roll and I blew his doors off. His jaw dropped in disbelief, but we know what a 5.0 is good for.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I had a 2002 S2000 as a fun car for a summer. It really was a good handling fun car. It did not have the low down TQ or raw HP, but it was fairly quick once you learn how to drive it. The power doesn't even come on until 6400 rpm's at around 40mph in 1st gear. That's when it gets a little fun. It is very fast from 40-60ish then it's losing power after that. It is RWD and can whip 360's like crazy. I had to do a good deal of mods to make my T/A handle better that what my S2000 did. They are very high tech, but pushed quite far from the factory and not worth modding. I would have raced a LS1 fbody with it, but would have expected to get my ass handed to me. One of the few cars I raced with was a 92ish 5.0 Stang from a 35 roll and I blew his doors off. His jaw dropped in disbelief, but we know what a 5.0 is good for.
    5.0 is good for...nothing?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information