Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Your BEST Get Away Story!

This is a discussion on Your BEST Get Away Story! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by mpunklil cops usually screw w/ military more than civilians No they don't. You're way off there buddy. ...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    cops usually screw w/ military more than civilians

No they don't. You're way off there buddy. You ever thought how many cops are ex-military?

Servicemen (and women) get all possible courtesy in my book. That doesn't mean everything, but when possible, they get cut slack. Period.

And I KNOW that's the majority of cops, even near bases.

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    No they don't. You're way off there buddy. You ever thought how many cops are ex-military?

Servicemen (and women) get all possible courtesy in my book. That doesn't mean everything, but when possible, they get cut slack. Period.

And I KNOW that's the majority of cops, even near bases.
    I have plenty of friends in the military. Im not way off, I see the tickets they get, and most of them are near base...base cops are even worse obviously. BTW, your are in NC, not CA, so what would you know about what goes on out here?

Blue
    99 Z28

I am military, and I got pulled over for doing 76 in a 55 a couple weeks ago. I had to show my ID cause my license card says it's expired, but really it's good as long as I'm in the military, so I need to show my ID as well. I got a $185 ticket. Some cops will cut military members some slack, but def not all. I think if he wanted to cut me some slack, he could have wrote me up for 74 in a 55 (less than 20 over would have made a big difference in the price). Oh well, I figure as much chit as I do and get away with, I don't have a huge problem paying the consequences when I do get busted.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    i have an obsession w/ turning my traction control off
    I have an obsession to NOT BUY a car that has traction control.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Good story:

I picked up my car and I told my dad to lead the way so I don't leave him in the dust. Then we fill up and hit the road and we are off for the 10hr trip. He hit a green arrow exiting the town and I was far behind. Once we were out of town I gunned it and was going 85 or so. Turns out its a 55mph zone. So I catch up with my dad and and match his speed for about 7 miles. We hit another town and then I see the blue lights. I'm thinking oh jeez...only had the car 15 minutes and I'm already getting pulled over. Turns out I was going 67 in the 55. I should of asked why didn't he pull over the first car he saw (my dad), but after I flashed the ID, he said "that's not necessary" he comes back after 5 minutes and asked why I was speeding. I told him the story and that i was just trying to catch my dad and I never seen a speed limit sign. He said "well because you were honest and I'm prior coast guard I don't want you to get into more trouble back home so i'll give you a verbal warning"....and off we went

For one
    Looking

This thread caused me to create an account on here.

First off, I would say that you shouldn't run from the cops. It is dangerous, and could get you, your passenger, other drivers, and even the police officer killed. Now that my disclaimer is out of the way... my two stories from the two times I did run(that I'll admit to).

Most recently(not really a getting away, but I got off the hook):
    I was testing out a Camaro to see if I would buy it. The owner of the car sat next to me and he had added several performance mods in it. So I wasn't too worried, I figured he would be good with a bit of high speed. I opened her up and got on the highway. I kicked it through the gears and the thing was just crazy fast. I was loving it. I was somewhere above 120 when I blew past the black Impala(2000 model). Turns out it was Arizona DPS(sneaky buggers haha). Lights were on and she was coming fast(I know.... I was shocked too). I thought I would try something a little different. I pulled over fast shut the motor down and lifted the hood after going over a hill. She didn't buy it, but she DID buy my story. She asked the age old question... "Do you know how fast you were going?" I answered "No, I was too busy trying to get the throttle unstuck!" Oh she didn't trust me on it, so she reached in and flicked the throttle to WOT... AND IT STUCK!!! I couldn't believe it. I was laughing my backside off inside. The owner was sitting in the car shaking and pure white. Great it looked like he was scared from the throttle being stuck haha... She said to be careful. A stuck throttle is dangerous. I bought the car. Replaced the throttle body, and sadly, I sold the car a few months later because I needed a tow vehicle.

My reason for not running from cops anymore:
    My buddy and I had just finished building a race car. It was supposed to be for a road race(rallye), and was DEFINATELY not street legal. But me and my buddy were feeling rather excited about finishing it, and we HAAAAD to test it.... We open it up, tearing through some Texas roads, and take it down some really good turns. It was handling great and I was having a blast. I come around a turn and there's this cop sitting there. He had us. I knew it, my buddy knew it, but that left foot decided that he didn't have us. We had no plates, the car was all black, and not a single identifying mark was on the thing. I would tell you how fast we were going, but honestly, I was too busy paying attention to the turns ahead of me. We come up to a stop sign, and I think the best idea would be a hard lefthander right there... I slide around the turn kicking up so much dust that it looked like I had blown up. The cop doesn't fall for it. He tries to whip around the corner, and I see his lights whip around in the dust cloud. He crashed. I was free to go.

This is the part that sucks. Ok I want to go free, but lets face it I really didn't want anyone killed. I flipped a bitch and headed back to him to see if he was alright. He wasn't. I used his CB to radio in that he was involved in a collision, and that he was severely injured. His caprice had folded around a tree. I stayed there until I saw the lights of the ambulance coming and took off when I knew that he would be taken care of. The next day I saw on the news that he had survived, but was in critical condition. I went to the police station and turned myself in. I tried very hard to make things right. The officers there laughed at me. They said, "Yeah, Right! you and the other 20 people we had in here." Apparently they had a number of people who claimed responsibility for the accident I had caused.

By the way, Most cops I have run across are pretty lienient towards servicemen.
    Last edited by Tommycat; 05-15-2007 at 03:06 AM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

stop it you're making me blush

I'm glad you went back to check on him, that was cool. It must've been God rewarding you for it by having all those other people in the station trying to rent a cell for a few nights.
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 05-15-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: adding more.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Wow... yeah that sucks man. I'd feel terrible if that happened to.

I've had a lot of run ins... I've only been caught once (in my car that is). I'd like to keep it that way. I behave myself for the most part now.

Couple of my favourites though:

1) Racing on an interstate with an Eclipse while driving my Integra (yeah yeah ricerburner). Had been doing run after run for about 20 minutes of playing follow the leader and hanging on each other's lead. We finally decide to go ahead and keep going and not let off.. (it's nighttime and there is almost no traffic at all) we had been going a little over 130 following each other (I was following him at this point) and were coming over a hill. Hit the crest of the hill just in time to realize there had been a bad accident on the other side of the interstate and there was over a dozen cop cars with lights already on at the accident scene sitting in the median. Too late. We went flying past them going over 130 with a crap ton of cops and backed up traffic on the other side watching. Oops. Took the exit AFTER the next one (the next exit would have been too typical and I'm sure they radioed something like that in) and took a backroad for a little while. Wasn't a chase, but damn that sinking feeling.

Another similar story (same car, in the Integra - which sticks out like a sore thumb, it's red, slammed, and has dark grey and chrome wheels and illegal window tint): going over an expressway in the middle of the day and I see too other cars fly by racing and I couldn't resist.. took off after them and not 30 seconds later pass over another hill and my radar detector goes to full strength signal 2 seconds before I see the cop standing beside his car in the emergency lane with a radio and a radar gun pointed at me. Yikes. He was out of his car, and I was going over 100 so I wasn't about to just pull over and go to jail. All three of us split off in different directions at the 4 way intersection - I go right and keep going keeping my speed and making turn after turn until I end up far enough away where I slow down to normal traffic speed and take the longest route home I've ever taken that took me all over the city. lol... I got home and covered the car up with my cover and stayed in the rest of the night.

Anyway yeah, I try to stay out of trouble now after I got busted driving the Integra (again) in North Carolina on I-40.. I got lucky, he only wrote me a ticket for 20 over and nothing more and let me go. I was going a lot faster.. Unmarked car got me.

Damn that loud red car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
    I was testing out a Camaro to see if I would buy it. The owner of the car sat next to me and he had added several performance mods in it. So I wasn't too worried, I figured he would be good with a bit of high speed. I opened her up and got on the highway. I kicked it through the gears and the thing was just crazy fast. I was loving it. I was somewhere above 120 when I blew past the black Impala(2000 model). Turns out it was Arizona DPS(sneaky buggers haha). Lights were on and she was coming fast(I know.... I was shocked too). I thought I would try something a little different. I pulled over fast shut the motor down and lifted the hood after going over a hill. She didn't buy it, but she DID buy my story. She asked the age old question... "Do you know how fast you were going?" I answered "No, I was too busy trying to get the throttle unstuck!" Oh she didn't trust me on it, so she reached in and flicked the throttle to WOT... AND IT STUCK!!! I couldn't believe it. I was laughing my backside off inside. The owner was sitting in the car shaking and pure white. Great it looked like he was scared from the throttle being stuck haha... She said to be careful. A stuck throttle is dangerous. I bought the car. Replaced the throttle body, and sadly, I sold the car a few months later because I needed a tow vehicle.
    hahah nice you got lucky there! I did some thing similair once passing a cop on the high way who was going downhill as i was going up, im pretty sure i was only doing 20 over that time but I saw the cop busting around as i was reaching the crest so i slammed on the brakes and pulled off to the side right over the crest of the hill being a real smart ass cause i knew she was expecting me to hit the gas to try and disapear around the next corner. so i shut down and roll my window down and i hear wwwwwweehhhhhhhhhh coming over the hill and then she goes flying by me doing atleast 70 standing on the brakes w/ the nose dived way down, she gets slowed down and does another 2 u turns to get back behind me. man i was giggling my balls off then she walks up and goes "i wasnt expecting that at all, i dont think ive ever had anyone pull over for me that fast before. im going to write you a warning but slow it down a bit ok." so then i felt like an ass cause she was cool but theres some real gestapo goons in the department which is why i did that

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahahahaha! I've done that before but they didn't pass me.

Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar

Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

I have gotten off everytime I have done it, but usually they pull up behind me at a light...so when it turns green, they instantaniously turn on the red and blues, and I cant impress them. I figure they wait until the light turns green to flip the lights on just in case the person getting pulled over flips out, runs the red light, and kills somebody. just my two cents

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

They said, "Yeah, Right! you and the other 20 people we had in here." Apparently they had a number of people who claimed responsibility for the accident I had caused.

may i ask WHY anyone else would claim responsibility for that????

black
    1999 camaro z-28

I was running late for work one morning, and I just have 30 miles of interstate to get to work. I decided it would be a good time for me to top out my car for the first time of the year. I hit about 140 and there was a cop stopped in the median facing the other way. I kept watching my rearview, but I never saw him come after me. I kept my speed up for about 5 miles, and I saw a cop going the other way down the interstate. I watched for him and he never turned either, so I kept going for a few more miles. I finally slowed down to about 10 over and another cop went by going the other way, and he didn't do anything either. I made it to work like 2 minutes late, but I was shakin for about 10 minutes after I got there.
    One other time back when i was delivering pizza in my camaro I was doin about 55 in a 35 around a corner. When I came around there was a cop stopped at the lights in front of me coming towards me. I signaled for a left turn, and he turned and pulled off to the side to wait for me. When I got a green light I just drove straight and made a few quick turns before he could get to me through the traffic. I hid behind an apartment for about 10 minutes, and took my t-tops off so I might look a little different. I took a bunch of back roads back to work and didn't see him. (No I didn't have one of those pizza signs on my car... the cop just might have found me if I did. lol)
    Now I have a front plate (after getting a 2 warnings and a ticket for it) so I don't think I would get away with that anymore. That would suck to get away, and get a letter in the mail a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar912 View Post
    One other time back when i was delivering pizza in my camaro...
    THATS AWESOME! camaro pizza delivery, big tip for you

For one
    Looking

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    may i ask WHY anyone else would claim responsibility for that????
    Honestly I have no idea.... I know it was on the national news, maybe that is why. Some people are just strange that way. They mentioned 200mph speeds(which was BS, because I couldn't get up that fast on the curves). People do some silly crap to get themselves on TV.

For one
    Looking

Just remembered my absolute best getaway story:

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this one. I had just gotten out of the Navy, and was on my way back to my home town of San Antonio, Texas. I was leaving the Sub base in Groton, CT. I got on it in my old Ford Thunderchicken. A friend of mine said that on the Jersey Turnpike the cops won't stop you for speeding. I found out that they would indeed. I was having electrical issues. Power was draining somewhere and I couldn't figure where, so I would drive really fast, get to a spot I could charge up for a few hours, and run it again(Turns out my electrical problems were due to a stupid fusible link. I found that out after hitting North Carolina where I had family that would let me use their garage for a bit. )... I can't tell you the true speed I was doing when I flew past the cop, because the damn speedo only went up to 85. I know I was going MUCH faster than that. 3200 in overdrive with 3.02 rear diff... You do the math, I'm lazy... At any rate, the cop catches up to me, and I know I'm screwed. I pull over and get ready for the ticket.... Let me set this up for you... I lost my license somewhere(later it was mailed to my house in texas), I have my military ID, there are NO plates on the car, I'm doing well over the speed limit, and I can't find my title. The officer starts talking to me and I explained that I had just got out of the military, where I was on board a US Submarine for several months just prior to my separation, I hadn't had a chance to get everything in order before I headed back home. The officer leans in and says "I am going to have to arrest you. What I want you to do is drive your car to the next exit, and park it at the gas station that I will be waiting for you at. Afterwards I will take you into custody. If you do not stop at that gas station my recommendation is that you do not drive in New Jersey any more because you will be arrested."

He walked slowly back to his car and took off. I thought for a few moments that he was serious about me stopping, then I realized that what he really said was, "Run! Just don't let me catch you." So I did. And you will NEVER see me driving in Jersey. But that was the absolute greatest officer I had ever met. If you are out there, Thank you for that break.

Blue
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
    Just remembered my absolute best getaway story:

... there are NO plates on the car ...
    That's a LONG drive for having NO plates on the car.

For one
    Looking

Quote Originally Posted by cavpat View Post
    That's a LONG drive for having NO plates on the car.
    Yeah it is. When I stopped in NC, I had the car registered there to my aunt's name... I took a BUNCH of back roads til I got to NC. I had an FBI escort through VA(did I mention I have relatives who are FBI), so I was pretty safe through MD and VA. But after VA, I had to be careful... So when I stopped in NC to fix it, that seemed the best time to get things sorted out.

Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

LMAO, I bet you could have stopped at that gas station for gas and snacks and he wouldn't have been there. I have been pulled over twice and got 2 tickets. I would never consider running from the police. If you ever run from the police and get caught you end up with a criminal record and huge charges, no licence and no car. Not worth it to me. It kind of sucks that both time I got pulled over I got a ticket, because my friends has been pulled over doing stupid ass stuff like racing a firetruck to a fire with his neon flashing like her was part of the fire squad... the cop even pulled over for him until he realized it was a retarded kid... should have lost his licence there but no just a warning. Then he got pulled over in a SCHOOL zone during the schools lunch hour with kids everywhere doing 2.5 times the speed limit and once again he got a warning. I got pulled over on the highway in the middle of night with nobody around except the cop that pulled me over only doing 56 over the limit and all he did was reduce it to 49 over the limit. I don't speed very often anymore next ticket and I lose my licence for a year because I will have to many demerit points on my licence.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

My story...
    I was in my wife's Sunfire GT (now X-wife thank GOD)...

I wanted to see how long it took to hit the fuel cut off ( i think it was set at 115 mph, I can't remember)..

I turned on the highway, and gunned it, and sure enough as I was at about 90 mph I passed a CA Hwy patrol sitting on the side.

I saw him pull out and I stayed on the gas, 1/4 mile maybe a bit more up he road, was an exit, I pulled off the exit flew into a gas station parking lot, and my wife (x now, again, thank you JESUS) jumped out and ran to the bath room, and made her self vomit. He went to check on her, and she was yacking in the restroom (it was outside bath rooms and you didn't need a key to get in) He knocked and she was vomitting.... we were soo lucky.

I told the cop that she was about to spew all over my "new car, and we knew there was a gas station up ahead, so I sped up to let her use there restrooms.

It was soo crazy, but he bought it. and I didn't get a ticket.

He said next time, just pull over on the side of the road, no matter how close I was to a restroom. I said okay, and thanked him for giving me a verbal warning.

That was my "get away story"

Another story - didn't get away -- but tried.

on my 2004 Yamaha R6 (sold now )

running in a pack of about 10. we were cruising up Hwy 101 in CA. Going anywhere from 70- 120+ mph depending on the stetch of road.

well sure enough those signs on the side of the road that say "this area patrolled by aircraft" are true.

A chopper / fixed wing plane ( I can't remember which it was) called in the ground cops and busted us. We saw one guy get pulled so we pulled off the highway and went into a neighborhood. We thought we were good, but about 5 minutes later (after we stopped deep into a suburan neighborhood) about 4 cop cars fly up with lights on, yelling for us to get off the bikes.

Thank god, I only got a ticket for 85 in a 65 and not hauled away to jail. The cops explained the aircraft that got us, and then radioed in and we looked up and saw this flying over head.

PS I think our Military ID's kept us out of jail that second story, and probably helped with my first story.

But I have also received a speeding ticket for 7 mph over (not reduced, I was actually doing a whopping 7 mph over) on a highway before, and that guy was retired AF, and I am active duty AF, so we don't always get special treatment, but sometimes we do. That guy had the audacity to try to shoot the shit with me about my career after giving me a ticket for 7 mph over. I was on a cross counry trip, (moving from CA, to PA) and I was getting passed left and right all damn day, and then I end up the one getting a ticket for 7 MPH over.. man I was pissed.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information