Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you frigin kids and your racing....

Took the bird out and met the wife and kids for dinner tonight. On the way home had 2 kids in a riced out honda trying to get me to race. First they slowed way down until I got along side them then floored it and slowly pulled ahead of me....fart can blaring. So just to humor them when they slowed down the next time to let me get beside them I opened the cutout and threw them a rev.
    This evidently sent their young bodies into a hormonal rage that was too strong to control. Now they get over behind me and they're flashing their lights and what not. I just keep driving because I'm tired and want to get home. We catch a light with them behind me. Turns green and they're all up my ass wanting me to punch it.....I didn't. I make a left hand turn and they damn near run into a car to make the turn so no one gets between them and me. I'm up ahead of them a little bit now and go through a light that just turned yellow and they blew through it when it turned red.
    Now, I ask you. Would you race some idiot like that? Not me. I'm 40 years old, have a wife, kids, house, and all that good stuff. I have things to lose if this idiot rams a car and kills people and I go to jail for accessory to murder. It was a pile of shit car anyhow......not like it was worth the $3.02/gallon I paid for gas today to even run him. It was probably some fancy ass b12-c13-d5-f7 special japanese import honda motor with quintuple platinum plugs running a 300 shot of spray but it's still not worth me going to jail over.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Ugh. Those are truly the idiots that ruin it for the rest of us.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Took the bird out and met the wife and kids for dinner tonight. On the way home had 2 kids in a riced out honda trying to get me to race. First they slowed way down until I got along side them then floored it and slowly pulled ahead of me....fart can blaring. So just to humor them when they slowed down the next time to let me get beside them I opened the cutout and threw them a rev.
    This evidently sent their young bodies into a hormonal rage that was too strong to control. Now they get over behind me and they're flashing their lights and what not. I just keep driving because I'm tired and want to get home. We catch a light with them behind me. Turns green and they're all up my ass wanting me to punch it.....I didn't. I make a left hand turn and they damn near run into a car to make the turn so no one gets between them and me. I'm up ahead of them a little bit now and go through a light that just turned yellow and they blew through it when it turned red.
    Now, I ask you. Would you race some idiot like that? Not me. I'm 40 years old, have a wife, kids, house, and all that good stuff. I have things to lose if this idiot rams a car and kills people and I go to jail for accessory to murder. It was a pile of shit car anyhow......not like it was worth the $3.02/gallon I paid for gas today to even run him. It was probably some fancy ass b12-c13-d5-f7 special japanese import honda motor with quintuple platinum plugs running a 300 shot of spray but it's still not worth me going to jail over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Ugh. Those are truly the idiots that ruin it for the rest of us.
    Don't worry those idiots will be walking soon enough.. I rarely see riced out cars for more than one summer.. The next summer it will be sitting in the junk yard wrecked or in their front yard not running and no money to fix the POS..
    Many ricers if not most have'nt the slightest idea what goes into an engine built for boost or whatever.. The magazines and movies leave that out..

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Last edited by zeetwentyeight; 11-02-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I agree with you about having the family and everything, but if a honda full of punk kids was doing that to me i would blow the doors right off of him.
    But i am 20 and in the need for speed, hopefully i am more like you as i age

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    I agree with you about having the family to take care of and everything, but if it was some punk kids doing that to me. I would blow the doors right off of him as many times as he wanted it but im 20 and in the need for speed haha.
    I hope im more like you when i get older haha
    Um,Thanks! But I'm no role model.. @ your age I was nothin' but trouble..

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Honest mess up i guess it didnt delete haha(about 10 beers deep right now) lol

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    At 20 I was hell on wheels in my 4-cylinder Mustang!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    At 20 I was hell on wheels in my 4-cylinder Mustang!
    Me too! 4-5 field cars and my first legal car for road use was a loaded 89 Dodge Spirit 2.5L 4 juggler..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    Damn' I was just getting to like the warm fuzzy then you stolen it back..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I played with one of those guys. He pulled a ricer flyby in the oncoming lane right in front of an officer

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

crazy street racers

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I played with one of those guys. He pulled a ricer flyby in the oncoming lane right in front of an officer
    here's the thing.....if he hits another car and kills them and someone on the street says you were racing him then your ass is in deep shit too. I was an idiot at that age too but the penalties back then were nothing compared to what they are now. I have to much to lose to risk it by racing some dumb ass. In the perfect situation I would still run someone through a couple of gears but that's such a rare situation it almost never happens. It definitely wouldn't be on the main drag through town like this idiot was doing.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

3.02 a gallon......damn it.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

but for real, those guys annoy the hell out of me....I actually haven't really run into any with the SS, a little fart can Integra rolls through my complex all the time, he was behind me the other day, gave him a little rev as we were leaving, he gave me plenty of trailing room.

All I've had actually mess with me was luckily late at night, empty road, both pacing beside me, lunging back and forth, yelling and what not, both times i just idled up till i was at about 45 in second, then nail it for a just a second, till i hit 60 or so, that usually puts a car length on them, and then they stay back.

Those two I'm speaking of are a Harley and a late 90s GT. The Harley actually put a decent fight.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

OP -- I would have done exactly the same thing. Nice!

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Very good restraint on your part. Never see jackasses like that at the track, wonder why that is?

Tan 79 and Red 01
    79 Z28 & 01 SS SLP

I'll take the "kids" part of this as a compliment Orion! lol!
    Some of us just can't help ourselves when you have long highways and NOBODY around but an idiot with a fart can. In town, I agree but give me some open road and watch out!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    Very good restraint on your part. Never see jackasses like that at the track, wonder why that is?
    almost never lol there were two cute little civics and the track friday night they peeled off a impressive 18.5

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    almost never lol there were two cute little civics and the track friday night they peeled off a impressive 18.5
    Last time i was at my local track there was an old hatchback civic running consistent 20's at like 68 mph... down right embarrassing.

OP next time don't even throw them a rev just pretend like you don't see 'em. Like you said not even worth wasting the gas or endangering other drivers.

Thread Information