Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 135

For You Cobra Lovers

This is a discussion on For You Cobra Lovers within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by ATCharming a stock ls1 cant beat a stock terminator... but ls1's do have the advantage of N/A ...

  1. #41
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    a stock ls1 cant beat a stock terminator... but ls1's do have the advantage of N/A cobras (which look exactly like the terminators, so if your confused i think we can all understand that). ist just that simple...
    no im not confused and maybe your car couldnt but mine did

  2. #42
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    top end cars? well... the N/A 4.6 has alot more top end than low end, so maybe again thats what he is referring to. if not, then if the blower added linear power delivery, then it would still be more of a top end car, right?

  3. #43
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    just get the camera ready and post some videos

  4. #44
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    no im not confused and maybe your car couldnt but mine did
    mine cant... and alot of this thread is really confusing me... so you have beaten terminators when u were completely stock your saying?

  5. #45
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    thatd be great lets see some vids
    id love to hutch but i cant lie im a computer tard and dont know how to begin to get pictures in my computer so i can post

  6. #46
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    mine cant... and alot of this thread is really confusing me... so you have beaten terminators when u were completely stock your saying?
    yes i have and they were stock also
    i will give these guys the benefit that it was really close ,and a better driver might have beaten me off the line but when you go from a roll and noone misses a shift that is pretty much it ,i did race a few stock ones from a roll and a stop and beat them

  7. #47
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    id love to hutch but i cant lie im a computer tard and dont know how to begin to get pictures in my computer so i can post
    ill walk u thru the process

  8. #48
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    buy a cheap digital camera that can take video than buy a Memory stick and a memory card reader. Take the vid, then plug the reader into the usb port and read the memory card. Your computer should have a wizzard to walk you through it.

  9. #49
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    well from a stop i could maybe see them having a hooooooooorrrrrrible launch... from a roll tho, i dont see how this is possible whatsoever... but, i guess i shouldnt be calling anyone a liar cuz i wasnt there...

  10. #50
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    well from a stop i could maybe see them having a hooooooooorrrrrrible launch... from a roll tho, i dont see how this is possible whatsoever... but, i guess i shouldnt be calling anyone a liar cuz i wasnt there...
    im not trying to talk shit to anyone im just stating what happened and im sorry if someone cant take it,but yes even from a roll it was a close race

  11. #51
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    buy a cheap digital camera that can take video than buy a Memory stick and a memory card reader. Take the vid, then plug the reader into the usb port and read the memory card. Your computer should have a wizzard to walk you through it.
    what do you mean a wizard is there really like a walkthrough or something

  12. #52
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    Come In Here And Argue With Yourselves About How Great Your Car Is As For Me Ill Keep Owning Cobras And Watching The Owners Faces When I Leave Their Ass Behind
    Really?? Planing on a raod trip? I gotta friend with a whipple cobra making 618 to the wheels that will sureley and gladly hand ur ass right to you!

  13. #53
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Really?? Planing on a raod trip? I gotta friend with a whipple cobra making 618 to the wheels that will sureley and gladly hand ur ass right to you!
    im sure he could tell him i got a twin turbo cobra waitin on him whats your point that with a ton of money hell surely smoke me

  14. #54
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Stock to Stock:

    03/04 Cobra makes ~360 RWHP and weighs ~3660 lbs, or ~10.17 lbs/HP
    01/02 LS1 makes ~310 RWHP and weighs ~3500 lbs, or ~11.29 lbs/HP

    That's a difference of ~10% in power-to-weight. The Cobra has slightly better gearing (3.55 to 3.42), and slightly more rpm to play with.

    From a roll, the only way your stock LS1 beats a stock Cobra is if the Cobra driver was an idiot, or there was something wrong with his car.

    From a dig, anything can happen, because driver skill (or lack there of) becomes a huge factor. In other words, if your stock LS1 beat a stock 03/04 Cobra in the 1/8th mile, you beat the driver - not the car.

    What does your car run in the 1/8th mile again?

    Oh ya....take a peak at this dyno of a bone stock 03 Cobra. Pay particular attention to the torque curve, and tell me how this is a "top end" motor.


  15. #55
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Stock to Stock:

    03/04 Cobra makes ~360 RWHP and weighs ~3660 lbs, or ~10.17 lbs/HP
    01/02 LS1 makes ~310 RWHP and weighs ~3500 lbs, or ~11.29 lbs/HP

    That's a difference of ~10% in power-to-weight. The Cobra has slightly better gearing (3.55 to 3.42), and slightly more rpm to play with.

    From a roll, the only way your stock LS1 beats a stock Cobra is if the Cobra driver was an idiot, or there was something wrong with his car.

    From a dig, anything can happen, because driver skill (or lack there of) becomes a huge factor. In other words, if your stock LS1 beat a stock 03/04 Cobra in the 1/8th mile, you beat the driver - not the car.

    What does your car run in the 1/8th mile again?

    Oh ya....take a peak at this dyno of a bone stock 03 Cobra. Pay particular attention to the torque curve, and tell me how this is a "top end" motor.

    Click for full size
    (i assumed it was a topend motor cuz the mach 1 4.6dohc is)

  16. #56
    Senior Member rajiv1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,489

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    im sure he could tell him i got a twin turbo cobra waitin on him whats your point that with a ton of money hell surely smoke me
    Nope, just refering to how you were indirectly saying ill smoke terminators all day long.

  17. #57
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    hp and weight are only two factors along with driver

    the best i ever ran stock was an 8.7 on street tires

  18. #58
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    what do you mean a wizard is there really like a walkthrough or something
    exactly, it will go through step by step it looks like this



  19. #59
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Let me state that again....regardless of what it might "seem" to you, they are equipped with a positive-displacement blower, that provides linear power delivery from just above idle all the way to redline. There is no big "jump" in power at a certain rpm that you might see with a big turbo or a centrifugal blower.

    Your perception that they seem to be "top end cars" could be derived from the fact that 03/04 Cobras typically launch very poorly (on street tires), due to a number of issues (not the least of which is the excellent power they make at low rpm....due to that positive-displacement blower I keep talking about). For example, when my 04 went 12.60 @ 112 mph in bone stock trim on the original tires, it did so with a very poor 2.10 60 ft.

    And again, what does your car run in the 1/8th mile?
    Off the subject a bit, but let me ask you a question. How many darn cars have you had? Everytime there is a subject on 1/4 times, you seem to have onwed the car in question at one point in time. Funny. ;(

  20. #60
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Actually, the 4.6 in the 99/01 Cobras are more "peaky" than the 4.6 in the Mach.

    The Mach makes 320 lb/ft peak torque at 4250 rpm.
    The 99/01 Cobra 4.6 makes 317 lb/ft peak torque @ 4750 rpm
    The 03/04 Cobra makes its peak at 3500 rpm.
    The 01/02 LS1 makes its peak torque at 4000 rpm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Cobra Jet Mustang - Return Of The Cobra Jets
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
  2. Hello all LT1 & LS1 Lovers!!!!!
    By My94ZZZ in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 12:02 AM
  3. Ford 428 Cobra Jet Build - Deadly Cobra - Engine T
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. for cat lovers
    By ztrouble in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •