Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

WTF with Mustangs

I am getting really jelous! I ride in our area all the time and Mustanks never even look my way. Twice in the last week my wife has been riding and gets revs from Mustanks. She doesn't condone racing, but she has owned both that dared to try her. Do they see a woman driving and think it is their chance to get her? I don't think so! I wonder if these victims have seen me and think with the wife at the wheel they stand a better chance. They know a beating is coming with me at the wheel so they lay in wait, poor mustank boys speed is for Chevys. My wife is now asking what is wrong with these mustank poeple? Yes she now is annoyed with mustanks also! She now even calls them mustanks too !
    "02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

BigBlockPower
    yawn

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

You're 46?

baconmach
    youve got to be kidding me....lol this sound like a clasic case of some guy picking on v6s all the time....so your wife beat a few v6 mustangs...try picking on someone with 2 tail pipes.........being a mustang owner i myself would probably not look at you either(in their defense) being your a convertable and usually not always females drive them..........

dont get me wrong i love fbodies.....but i really dont think a lid equpied z conv is the epidemy of power.......---i hate fbody as*holes like you that are always like mustangs suck--- ... this just pisses me americans should stay together and gang up on the hondas not eachother!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baconmach
    ...americans should stay together and gang up on the hondas not each other!!!
    Before the advent of the "Import" scene, I'd disagree, as the rivalry was definitely there (between the Camaro and the Mustang). But nowadays, I have to agree... we Americans really need to stick together more.

I've been a Chevy man for a very long time, and wouldn't even waste my time looking into the other big two (Ford and Mopar). But because of all this "rice" hitting the scene, it forced me to examine all of these other cool domestics that I had been missing out on all this time. Between Ford's retro Mustang, and Dodge's 2007 retro "Challenger" concept, I can't help but look at my wife (with wallet in hand), while letting out an emphatic "hmmm"...

I'm looking forward to meeting up with quite a few Mustang owners come this Spring, Nowaday's, as long as it's American (traditionally, not necessarily literally), it's all good.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i will just never understand why a mustang owner would post on a LS1 fbody site, you are just asking to get flammed, but w/e
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

youve got to be kidding me....lol this sound like a clasic case of some guy picking on v6s all the time....so your wife beat a few v6 mustangs...try picking on someone with 2 tail pipes.........being a mustang owner i myself would probably not look at you either(in their defense) being your a convertable and usually not always females drive them..........

dont get me wrong i love fbodies.....but i really dont think a lid equpied z conv is the epidemy of power.......---i hate fbody as*holes like you that are always like mustangs suck--- ... this just pisses me americans should stay together and gang up on the hondas not eachother!!!!
    How do you know they were V6's...he never said in his post what model they were. And no a LS1 with a lid isn't the "epidemy of power"...but it'll have 40+ more at the wheels then a 04 and prior GT will have at the crank, mild bolt-on GT anyway.

I'll admit though, I do like mustangs...the 99-04 style and the 05-06 exterior and motor...not a fan of the new interior though. I like them more then any rice out there...and more then those damn hemi trucks that think they're fast.

baconmach
    the reason why i say they were v6 because being a mach1 owner i sure as hell know it wasnt my car...(you dont have to preach gt bs to me either....i as well think they suck...in comparision to many others..i used to have a bolton v6 that would beat them stock....4valves are where its at!!!)......but the point was i sure his wife can really tell the differance.....between a mach1, v6, gt,or cobra.......um hunny it was blue i know that for sureeee!!lmao

and yea i really got flamed on my post dummy -lol

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

4valves are where its at!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by ur jlus
    I am getting really jelous! I ride in our area all the time and Mustanks never even look my way. Twice in the last week my wife has been riding and gets revs from Mustanks. She doesn't condone racing, but she has owned both that dared to try her. Do they see a woman driving and think it is their chance to get her? I don't think so! I wonder if these victims have seen me and think with the wife at the wheel they stand a better chance. They know a beating is coming with me at the wheel so they lay in wait, poor mustank boys speed is for Chevys. My wife is now asking what is wrong with these mustank poeple? Yes she now is annoyed with mustanks also! She now even calls them mustanks too !

Your a moron, I pray to God your not 46 years old

baconmach
    lmao

baconmach
    lmao

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

Look at my other post GT?. I don't know what she ran up against but she did say it had a scoop on the hood. She does btw know what a mustank looks like. I do not get the action I got when I first got my car. But Mustanks were my favorite snacks !
    I don't pick on one pipe wonders. I have raced a stock '03 Cobra, it was the best one I've had on the streets. We started from about 75ish and kept close until 140mph at 145 I had a fender on him. I kept that lead. We both pinned the speedo's. That was a blast. I've also beaten gt's in the 1/8 & 1/4 at the track.
    Last edited by ur jlus; 01-08-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Wow, some of you LS1 owners are really getting full of yourselves. If you owned a 10 second street driven LS1, I could handle some of the smack talking, but some of you are just entertaining at best. I had a turbocharged 99 GT , I posted a video of it in a another post, that ran 10s on stock longblock and pump gas that would have put an area code on your car. I destroyed many LS1s that came with the same attitude you have.

At your age, I would think you would have been more of a car enthusiast, but many of you sound like you have inferiority complexes. I can appreciate any car that someone has taken the time to build and not make unnecessary comments like "well he spent this" or atleast my car does that" & this car sucks because",etc. We are all kids at heart that love performance and I hope my son does the same when he grows up, but lets his car do the talking. Damn, you see what you are doing, now I sound like a my father.

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

I actually do love cars. I also have been beaten, I guess you're surprised to hear me admit it. A good race is a good race period. I had a '69 Firebird with a 400cid in the late '70's early '80's and loved that one too. My real project is a '65 El Camino, but in the mean time. Oh well!

Silver
    '03 Cobra

Thumbs down

I don't pick on one pipe wonders. I have raced a stock '03 Cobra, it was the best one I've had on the streets. We started from about 75ish and kept close until 140mph at 145 I had a fender on him. I kept that lead. We both pinned the speedo's. That was a blast.
    You run 8.7-8.8's in the 1/8th and 13.7@104 and you put a fender on an '03/'04 Cobra from a 75mph roll?
    Uhh... unless the guy started in 4th gear or higher.
    S.

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

BTW theCobra is a vert also.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Transam

i have 98 transam heads intake throttle body and rear mount turbo. I agree on the 03 cobra story, either that guy does not know how to drive you have some stuff done to your car, i have seen a stock 03 at the track stock tires exhaust everything you name run 12.96 and i don't know about you but if your stock or almost stock and a supercharged mustang comes up that can run in the 12's stock already has its revs up where the horses are going to be and we all know how those 4 valve's love to rev to thier 7200 rpm stock i would say you are going to get your --- handed to you on a platter. He had to have missed a gear or something. F bodies will always be my love but i have a have friends with stangs and you have to watch your back thier quick (03 cobra 01 cobra 97 cobra slow for some reason and a 04 mach 1) they may not have cubes but a stock 03 cobra vs. ls1 transam stock to stock stang will win stop or roll with pro drivers

Black
    1998 Pontiac Transam

i am not tring to say your lying, i am just agreeing with Marc87GN that even if you are the fastest one in your town there is always someone faster even a mustang

Silver
    '03 Cobra

Question

BTW theCobra is a vert also.
    Uh, huh...and so is your car.
    And you went 13.7@104.
    And pulled on an '03 Cobra 'vert from a 75mph roll to 145mph?
    Sure.
    S.

Thread Information