Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

WS6 Vs WRX

This is a discussion on WS6 Vs WRX within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; My coworker has a WRX(bug-eyes) and hes just put on headers, up-pipe, downpipe and he has a catback. Hes also ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member 346DubS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    39

    White
    2001 WS6

    WS6 Vs WRX

    My coworker has a WRX(bug-eyes) and hes just put on headers, up-pipe, downpipe and he has a catback. Hes also got it tuned and pushing 18psi. Well he thought he could smoke my stock WS6. So after work we descide to run it. I told him we'll race from a roll because i know out the hole that thing will take off, but traffic didnt permit. We finally pull up to a stop light, and its a free road in front of us. When the light turned green,we take off. I take off normally and then punching it as soon as i start rolling trying not to spin the tires, but as soon as i go over the crosswalk i start spinning. He manages to pull a car on me, but at the end of 1st i catch up. 2nd gear I put a car on him. and in 3rd i must have put another 2 cars on him and no way for him on catching up. I kept pulling until probably 90mph until i descided it was enough for him. All in all it was a fun race.

    Stock 2001 WS6, Lid, free mods

  2. #2
    Member Empatho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    361

    Pewter
    02 Z28

    good kill, what did your buddy say after the race? lol
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

  3. #3
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    nice kill... i raced my friend in a 06 sti... he has a downpipe and no cats... exhaust work.. rest is stock... he said he can whoop me from a dig... ate him nastyyyyy off the line then just got worse after that... it was fun... im not afraid of those things unless they got a good bit of work
    mods in sig
    '02 Silver WS6 M6 Conversion Date - Mar 22, 2002 #6970, Pacesetter LT's, Nitto 555R DR's
    8.1125 @ 87.79 60' = 1.9377 R/T .0492
    353.5 RWHP 366.4 FT LBS
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=MQBSqgNLI4k
    TSP 231/237 112+2 LSA donations for install please

  4. #4
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    good kill, i bet he didnt say anything after the race.

  5. #5
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    What can a stock LT1 M6 do against an STI?

  6. #6
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,188

    Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

    Good race those STIs can be pretty nasty WRXs not so much if you wouldnt have spun you would have pulled him by dubble of what you did ! I just wish the snow would melt off the roads here so I could go drive my car lol.....

  7. #7
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    What can a stock LT1 M6 do against an STI?
    From a dig...both drivers being equal...it can come down to a drivers race.

    From a roll, a stock LT1 will eat up a stock STI, no problem.

  8. #8
    Junior Member ilikeppie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18

    Black
    1998 Trans Am

    I dont know i seem to have problems with WRX's i have raced a total of three two of which spanked me like a redheaded stepchild the other was stock and didnt have a chance!

  9. #9
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    What can a stock LT1 M6 do against an STI?
    Just based off what I have seen at the track on multiple occasions.

    LT1s I have witness (stock)--- 14.1 - 14.5 (automatic)- M6 13.9-14.4

    STI/ Evo (almost identical #s)--- 13.1 (a few small mods)--- 13.5 - 13.9 are the slower ones I have seen. I haven't seen a stock STI/EVO get consistant 14 second passes like I have the LT1.

    So with those numbers - I would say LT1 has his work cut for him.

    From a Roll- I think it the race should go to the V8. But don't miss a shift.

    "Some" people on here will not respect the performance of an STI just because it is made in Japan, or has 4 cylinders. But it is great performing car. Don't get me wrong though, I will take My LS1 over it any day.

  10. #10
    Team Skeet Captain JHayesLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,061

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    From a dig...both drivers being equal...it can come down to a drivers race.

    From a roll, a stock LT1 will eat up a stock STI, no problem.
    I actually witnessed one of these. Kid with a 94 LTI stock, vs. 06 STI stock.

    STI won. Both were M6.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Well I test drove a WRX and a STI!!! Ill just say we test drove the shit out of them

    They are really nice to drive. Not a Drag car for sure. But as an all around great handling car with a little GO-GO yup STI!!! FTW.

    But it also is 4cyl less so I consider it to loose against a Stock v8. Thats just common sense. But with a little money thrown at them they can be one sick car!!! Also the tranny's in those cars are Crap!! the WRX anyways STI's are a litttle better, But I wouldn't be dropping that clutch at every redlight.

  12. #12
    Junior Member 346DubS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    39

    White
    2001 WS6

    any car can be made fast, but horsepower is horsepower whether its made with 4 cylinders or 8.

    He said within 2 weeks he'll get it re-tuned to stage 2 making 387hp

    will i keep up then, if not, what mods should i be looking at..im planning on gettin a custom true dual set up, you guys think that'll be enough?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    266

    green
    94 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Just based off what I have seen at the track on multiple occasions.

    LT1s I have witness (stock)--- 14.1 - 14.5 (automatic)- M6 13.9-14.4

    STI/ Evo (almost identical #s)--- 13.1 (a few small mods)--- 13.5 - 13.9 are the slower ones I have seen. I haven't seen a stock STI/EVO get consistant 14 second passes like I have the LT1.

    So with those numbers - I would say LT1 has his work cut for him.

    From a Roll- I think it the race should go to the V8. But don't miss a shift.

    "Some" people on here will not respect the performance of an STI just because it is made in Japan, or has 4 cylinders. But it is great performing car. Don't get me wrong though, I will take My LS1 over it any day.
    This guy that used to be one of my best friends bought a 02 wrx and was always asking to race. His friend, also one of my best friends at the time, would make fun of ricers but didn't know his cougar was turning into a ricer. But one day the 02 wrx got beside me on the interstate and I was just cruising along taking my girlfriend to her house and he gunned it. I was going about 2k rpm in 5th gear and he could harly get in front of me...so that just shows you what they have from a roll. I could have just went down to 4th and smoked him.

    STI's can be mean cars. I just prefer to buy a v8 and put a turbo or blower on it. Why limit yourself to 4 cylinders if you plan on going big?

  14. #14
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    This guy that used to be one of my best friends bought a 02 wrx and was always asking to race. His friend, also one of my best friends at the time, would make fun of ricers but didn't know his cougar was turning into a ricer. But one day the 02 wrx got beside me on the interstate and I was just cruising along taking my girlfriend to her house and he gunned it. I was going about 2k rpm in 5th gear and he could harly get in front of me...so that just shows you what they have from a roll. I could have just went down to 4th and smoked him.

    STI's can be mean cars. I just prefer to buy a v8 and put a turbo or blower on it. Why limit yourself to 4 cylinders if you plan on going big?

    Why limit yourself to 8 cylinders in you plan to go big? cough.. V10

    There is always something bigger better, faster out there, people have to learn to deal with it, and embrace the differences. V8 I4 etc.

  15. #15
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    V8=affordable, for the same price of 4 bangers and even cheaper. V10 and V12 equals lots of money such as a viper to lambo to ect. ect.
    And i still think american muscle V8s sound better then exotic V12s

  16. #16
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Ls1 > Wrx

  17. #17
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    Ls1 > Wrx
    ls1 > world

  18. #18
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    LS9 ZL1 Corvette > Universe

  19. #19
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    LS9 ZL1 Corvette > Universe
    you win.... thats my dream car...

  20. #20
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    V8=affordable, for the same price of 4 bangers and even cheaper. V10 and V12 equals lots of money such as a viper to lambo to ect. ect.
    And i still think american muscle V8s sound better then exotic V12s
    Cheaper?

    Lets remember you are probably talking about buying a 2008 STI/ or the upcoming Evo IX vs a 7-10 year old LS1.

    Of course it is cheaper to buy a near decade old car compared to a new car.

    WS6 - 32k 2002 in 2002
    STI - 33.5k 2008

    You could buy a old datsun, and build a monster out of it if you wanted, and surely that would be even a cheaper route.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •