Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WS6 vs SRT10

basjava

WS6 vs SRT10

Alright, I just got off work at 4:30am and headed home on US31 in my 2000 Trans Am WS6. I notice this truck coming up on me and finally gets next to me in the slow lane, I'm already going 20 over, so he passes me and I get over in the slow lane and he gets in the fast lane. We stop at a light, I get on it a little but don't speed and we stop at another light, he rolls down his window and he goes, "Is that thing fast?", I go "Hell Yeah". (At the time, I didn't know what he was driving, It looks like a new Ram in the dark -big deal). He says "I-70", I"m like "Alright" and he rolls up the window. So I follow him up the ramp and onto 70 eastbound. I didn't know how we were going to do this so I took the rast lane and he took the slow lane, I'm already in 3rd reving at about 3000. I punch it, instantly hitting 60,70,80 after a couple seconds and out of nowhere this thing comes screaming up on my right. He gets in front of me and I look at the back and see "Viper", I'm like "Ah, Crap". He slows down, I get over and look down and I'm going 125 and he was at least 5 car lenghts ahead. The guy did a Uey and vanished. In retrospect I think I could have at least kept my head start a little longer if I downshifted into 2nd, but not too much longer.

black
    '97 Jimmy

So you got beat by a truck. HAHAHAHA j/k Brian

-Scott

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Don't worry about it. If you spent as much as he did, you would've handed him his ass on a silver platter

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

fuck...that sux. I don't know why wouldn't have given it your "all" to begin with.

basjava
    I thought I was racing a dodge ram. I don't know if anyone has heard one of those things, that thing was loud. But I think he felt threatened, why else would he have opened up a 500 Horsepower Viper Enine full throttle. I don't really care about the loss because, it took a Viper engine to beat me and at least it wasn't a ricer.

1981 g-Body

Dreamin of a Paint Job... XtinKt's Avatar

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

My dad owns the SRT10. That is one fast truck. I held my own. I could not pass him but i never left his butt.

Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by XtinKt
    My dad owns the SRT10. That is one fast truck. I held my own. I could not pass him but i never left his butt.
    Single cab or extended cab?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by basjava
    Alright, I just got off work at 4:30am and headed home on US31 in my 2000 Trans Am WS6. I notice this truck coming up on me and finally gets next to me in the slow lane, I'm already going 20 over, so he passes me and I get over in the slow lane and he gets in the fast lane. We stop at a light, I get on it a little but don't speed and we stop at another light, he rolls down his window and he goes, "Is that thing fast?", I go "Hell Yeah". (At the time, I didn't know what he was driving, It looks like a new Ram in the dark -big deal). He says "I-70", I"m like "Alright" and he rolls up the window. So I follow him up the ramp and onto 70 eastbound. I didn't know how we were going to do this so I took the rast lane and he took the slow lane, I'm already in 3rd reving at about 3000. I punch it, instantly hitting 60,70,80 after a couple seconds and out of nowhere this thing comes screaming up on my right. He gets in front of me and I look at the back and see "Viper", I'm like "Ah, Crap". He slows down, I get over and look down and I'm going 125 and he was at least 5 car lenghts ahead. The guy did a Uey and vanished. In retrospect I think I could have at least kept my head start a little longer if I downshifted into 2nd, but not too much longer.
    damn...are you serious? What mods do you have? Yea they have 500 at the crank...but also have got to be around 5000 lbs and shaped like a brick. I think they also only run high 13's...anyone know what they run? Oh and downshift next time To pull 5 lengths he had to of been decently modded

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

srt

out here at a track near me a guy ran 13.2 in that trunk don't know if he did work, but it was quick, thanks jeremy

basjava
    It was a single cab. And next time I won't take a chance, I'll downshift.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

srt 10

i believe that all srt 10 are single cabs? pretty sure never saw an with extended cab, thanks jeremy

black
    '97 Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11
    i believe that all srt 10 are single cabs? pretty sure never saw an with extended cab, thanks jeremy
    There are quad cabs, but they are 4-speed automatics

constant modder councelor hissin'98's Avatar

Black '98 Z/28 M6
    H/C/Turbo....why?

I tried to race one here and he would only rev the piss out of it. I tried to get him to go by asking if it had a hemi. Still nothing so i pulled up and left his ass to rev and someone else.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

The quad cabs just came out and are much slower than the single cabs. They have 4.56 gears to help them out and a few people have run 12.9s and the like stock. So it is more than possible to lose to one. I bet the quad cabs are like low 14 second trucks.

I learned never under estimate. If I'm going for it it will be all or no. good death.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Now you know better for next time.

basjava
    Yep, I know better for next time. Hopefully I see that guy around town again. I'm itchin for a rematch. Thanks Everybody.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

You should be able to take him next time...just don't itch so much that you miss a gear.

basjava
    Ha Ha! I'll try not to!

Thread Information