Results 1 to 7 of 7

WS6 vs 6 other cars-- Legal 1/8 mile races

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 6 other cars-- Legal 1/8 mile races within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Flashlight races (legal racing)-- 1/8 mile (not timed, but lights do indicate who trips the sensor first) Race 1--- Me ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    WS6 vs 6 other cars-- Legal 1/8 mile races

    Flashlight races (legal racing)-- 1/8 mile (not timed, but lights do indicate who trips the sensor first)

    Race 1--- Me (SLP lid only) VS 2000 M6 WS6 (4.10s, cam, full exhaust including headers, no cats, SLP intake,)

    I had him off the line ( wow, he has 4.10s?) I guess he spun real bad--- had him through all of first, and most of second. He passed me in Third. Race ended My bumper was at his rear fender! -- I was feeling real good. Because remember I only have SLP lid. (I launched @ around 2k)

    Race 2---- Some old Muscle car --Not sure what it was, Not Camaro, not Mustang, not GTO.. I am not good with old cars... Don't know his mod

    But I won by about 4 cars.


    Race 3 -- 4.6 Mustang Pre 99 style- intake, exhaust, headers, sounded pretty good... Some after market racing stripes

    Killed him --- probably 4 cars or more. I am not the best judge.

    Race 4---- 2000 TA A4-- Stall converter (I think 3800?) He had a book of all his time slips.. (His best was 13.01 @ 107 I believe. He was all into Drag racing. He had Mickey Thompson ET street Drag Radials, He had a Hyper-tech tuner - and was adjusting shift points just before our race. He had intake, exhaust

    I beat him by about 1 car (meaning 1 car in between us)


    My favorite race -- Race 5 --- LS2 - 6.0 GTO (Automatic) Intake and heavy aftermarket chrome wheels.

    Beat him by about 1.5 cars

    Last race-- Race 6 (feeling like I can't be beat)--- Went up against 2007 Mustang Shelby GT ( not the GT500, but a SHELBY GT) He said they are quoted to have 325 @ motor. He had Conical intake only -- only 2k miles on it.

    I told him great I am "rated" at 325 too, and I only have SLP air lid.

    I was alittle nervous, because I didn't want to lose. Flashlight (really a spot light, turns on.. and off we go..

    This was my worst take off. No spin, but I bogged slightly--- I thought for sure I was done. but by the end of 1st gear I was past him.

    I beat him by about 1.5 car @ 1/8 mile


    My car lengths may or may not be accurate,

    I started getting a small crowd of supporters, because I was beating everything I ran, (except that highly modified TA the very first time...


    I don't know what all this means, because I ran a 13.7 only a month ago at the track.. But I do feel like I was getting much better launches at the airport, vs the track. LOL I do have a month of practicing --

    Man It was fun.. and they have these races another two or three times before the summer is over. I plan on attending..


    I could have gotten more runs, but I didn't want to "hot-lap" over and over. So I would park and mingle and find a someone to races, Start talking, and we ended up agreeing to race..

    But 6 runs from 2pm - 530pm isn't bad...

  2. #2
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    Smile

    those are some nice kills ... and the whole street legal Street racing sounds kool man... specially since it's not really a track...would be better if it was more then a 1/8...

    - over here they do something similar...but it's every monday in the year...expet hollidays... they turn off the chrismas tree... and only leave on the Win light...running downt he quarte-mile...how every you wanna race... from a roll, from a dig...or with lenths... it's a awsome sight... but I've never gone because it's 100% ricer fest...and I have shitty tires...

  3. #3
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    We used to have a place that we had a quarter mile setup under a old bridge, but cops really started cracking down after my friends brother smashed his STI into the wall at 120 and killed himself. The STI at the track ran a 10.8 it was mad fast.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    those are some nice kills ... and the whole street legal Street racing sounds kool man... specially since it's not really a track...would be better if it was more then a 1/8...

    - over here they do something similar...but it's every monday in the year...expet hollidays... they turn off the chrismas tree... and only leave on the Win light...running downt he quarte-mile...how every you wanna race... from a roll, from a dig...or with lenths... it's a awsome sight... but I've never gone because it's 100% ricer fest...and I have shitty tires...

    Thanks, I am really starting to get the hang of driving this machine now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    We used to have a place that we had a quarter mile setup under a old bridge, but cops really started cracking down after my friends brother smashed his STI into the wall at 120 and killed himself. The STI at the track ran a 10.8 it was mad fast.
    Sorry to hear about your friend's brother.

    This was legal racing, and was very regulated.

  6. #6
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I cant belive you beat that stalled T/A with bolt ons, he must have had a factory lemon, i have seen a couple with just a stall and exhaust do 12.6s-12.7s without drag tires, he should have been able to pull off a 12.3-12.4. Good races though.

    Thanks he was the nicest guy i have ever meet. Never had anthing bad to say about anyone or there car. He was the only kid in a STI out there not talking shit. His brother my friend had a 99 Z-28 he sold it and hasnt raced since, him and his brother were like best friends.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 07-11-2007 at 10:42 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I cant belive you beat that stalled T/A with bolt ons, he must have had a factory lemon, i have seen a couple with just a stall and exhaust do 12.6s-12.7s without drag tires, he should have been able to pull off a 12.3-12.4. Good races though.

    Thanks he was the nicest guy i have ever meet. Never had anthing bad to say about anyone or there car. He was the only kid in a STI out there not talking shit. His brother my friend had a 99 Z-28 he sold it and hasnt raced since, him and his brother were like best friends.
    yeah, i was suprised. after the race, I said tell me you are running good. He said not exactly. he was saying his car was very slugish in 1st gear for some unknown reason. So In all fairness he said it wasn't running right. (after the race) --- His best time at the track is 13.01. (according to him) --

    I couldn't believe 3 of those 6 races.
    The Auto LS2 GTO -- I was amazed I won.
    The Auto WS6 Stall/ DR tires, bolt ons, hypertech tuner. (totally shocked)
    and the one that Barely beat me -- TA WS6 LS1 w/ 4.10s cam, intake, lid, ORY(no cats), and Cat back and a Tune. -- Lost by 3/4 a car.

    But never the less, It happened. and I was quite pleased

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. legal local 1/8 mile races at Airport wins/ losses
    By jrc1122 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 10:17 AM
  2. ? about tuning emissions legal cars
    By FORMULA7 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 04:06 AM
  3. May 18th - flashlight drag races (legal races)
    By jrc1122 in forum Eastern Members
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 12:05 PM
  4. Waynesburg PA - Flashlight races (legal)
    By jrc1122 in forum Eastern Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 04:22 PM
  5. 1/4 mile times for bolt on cars
    By Zboner in forum LT1
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 03:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •