Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wrecked c6 poor baby

This is a discussion on wrecked c6 poor baby within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; My thoughts on a first car. Get em something that doesn't run at all, but is fixable. Have them learn ...

For one
    Looking

My thoughts on a first car. Get em something that doesn't run at all, but is fixable. Have them learn how to fix it before they can drive it. They'll respect it more that way. Not only that, but if something breaks, they will have a better idea as to what is wrong.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

no because theres some parents that give their kids what they want in order to get them out of their faces, so the kids start getting spoiled. it is great to occasionaly give the kids something good if they behave and a spanking when they act up, but in the rear end (its leagal if you do it at home!) not like multiple slaps trying to kill them but one stern one and make shure they understand why was the reason for a stern hand. that way as they grow older they learn to respect theri parents and still love them.

Red
    2003 Santa Fe

That is unreal. No highschooler deserves a vette. Especially if they arent going to take care of it. If they are going to take care of it and will make it last for ever. Then maybe. Their priorities must be like this.
    1) School
    2) Cars
    A)THE CORVETTE
    3) Nothing Illegal
    4) Cars AGAIN
    5) CARS
    6) CARS

Can I emphasize enough how important cars must be to them in order to get one so nice in highschool. Oh yea and they cant drive it to school. They must ride the bus. It is too nice of a car to take to a school where stupid teens will mess it up because theyre are jealous

Red
    2003 Santa Fe

Oh Yea , to go along with my post^. I would drive the car way more than them when they are at school. so it is basically mine, but they can say it is theirs.. And this would be the only nice thing they would get. If they mess it up they are screwed. and I will fix it and it will be mine and they wont geta nother car. One chance and one ONLY

Black
    2000 T/A

this upsets me....

one 16 years old, or even 18 needs to drive a new corvette. that is simply too much car.

my Z28 is around probably in the 350-375 hp range, and it's almost too much car for me.

parents will feel bad when the kid really hurts himself, or worse dies....

when I wrecked my 99 v6 i was 18 I got knocked out and had a concusion, but i wasn't hurt that badly. she felt responsible because even though the wreck wasn''t my fault and i was only going 45, she had let me get a car that she felt was unsafe.

man when my mom got there, they said she was screaming and crying and stuff... imagine if i had died, how she'd feel.

now imagine a mother and father who bought their child a 400hp vette, and he died going 130+ wrapping around a tree....

think about that stupid ass rich people!!

pewter
    1999 camaro ss #4288

last year when i was walking around a car show, i saw a teenager sitting in the front seat of a gt500. he fired it up as if he was about to leave and i just shook my head that he has or is able to drive a car like that. as im cursing under my breath this older woman walks over to the car and says "what the hell are you doing, get out of the drivers seat! you know your dad will never let you drive this car."

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    this upsets me....

one 16 years old, or even 18 needs to drive a new corvette. that is simply too much car.

my Z28 is around probably in the 350-375 hp range, and it's almost too much car for me.

parents will feel bad when the kid really hurts himself, or worse dies....

when I wrecked my 99 v6 i was 18 I got knocked out and had a concusion, but i wasn't hurt that badly. she felt responsible because even though the wreck wasn''t my fault and i was only going 45, she had let me get a car that she felt was unsafe.

man when my mom got there, they said she was screaming and crying and stuff... imagine if i had died, how she'd feel.

now imagine a mother and father who bought their child a 400hp vette, and he died going 130+ wrapping around a tree....

think about that stupid ass rich people!!
    lol when i told my mom that i bought my t/a, and after my stepdad told her that it was a "monster", she says "welll... i would feel better if you had gotten a v6, with an automatic". I look at her like why the FUCK would i do THAT?

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    lol when i told my mom that i bought my t/a, and after my stepdad told her that it was a "monster", she says "welll... i would feel better if you had gotten a v6, with an automatic". I look at her like why the FUCK would i do THAT?

when I bought the Z28 they told me i should've gotten a truck

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post

when I bought the Z28 they told me i should've gotten a truck

she actually had a blue 69 firebird vert when she was a teenager so she understood the attraction to them... but things were "different" back then

Black
    2000 T/A

i love when they give the whole "different" speech.

Black
    2000 T/A

i love when they give the whole "it was different time" speech.

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

Damn rich kids, i know this kid who got a saleen S281 Coupe with a Kenne Bell for his 17th b-day/ graduation present....my first car was a 89 Camaro V6 and now i recently bought a 95 firebird...Wish i had Parents that bought me what i want, i would have a 02 trans am or a 93-98 Toyota Supra by now

Black
    2000 T/A

I HATE ATT&T!!! my internet fucking spazes out randomly for no damn reason!!!

i apologize for any double post!

damn alexander graham bell, and the telegraph, and then the telephone, and damn monopolies, and damnbig business in general, and damn AT&T and SBC and Bellcom and whatever other "BABY BELLS" are stillout there providing mediocore servce at an outrageous price rate!!!

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

get VONAGE (whoo ho ho ho ho who ho hooo hoo)

Well after these kids wreck their expensive/powerful cars maybe their parent will realize that wasnt a good idea..of course i hope they dont but some people just dont have common sense..what do you expect a 16/17 year old to do with vette/gt500 or whatever?

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

one of my friends has a gf who is 16 and has a 07 Saleen non SC, BMW 4 door, Mercedes 4 door, and a 67 Camaro with an LT1...her dad is LOADED

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

yeah my son is only 4 and he always talks about what he's gonna drive when he gets a drivers liscense. he always talks about he wants a t/a, i would never get him a t/a or any sports car for that matter. but it is pretty comical to hear a 4 year old talk about driving fast cars.

Black
    98 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by fox87stang View Post
    one of my friends has a gf who is 16 and has a 07 Saleen non SC, BMW 4 door, Mercedes 4 door, and a 67 Camaro with an LT1...her dad is LOADED
    You betta get with her sister if she has one lol

black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

Quote Originally Posted by bostonz28 View Post
    You betta get with her sister if she has one lol
    she only has a little bro..Believe me i would if she did..lol

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Lucky kids. Shit, when i first got my trans am, it was parked at my dads friends car wash on route 22. The next day after school, i went to DMV to get the plates, came back put it on and brought her home. My dads friend told me "Rajiv, go easy for a few days untill u learn to controll the power." I told him "Ok, i will." Next thing u see and hear is white smoke and screetching sound of tires outside the parking lot of the car wash. LOL i looked back and he was on the floor laughing. I told him "Let those be here, so everytime I come back, I can look at this and say those were my first burnout marks" I was driving by 3 months later and they were repaving the road . None the less, it dont matter how old or young you are, if u decide to fuck with ur car and test its potentials ANYTHING can happen. I lost 5 VERY CLOSE friends due to street racing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information