Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

wrecked c6 poor baby

i didnt know where to put this one but it kinda got killed so here u go

my idiot neighbors have a 17 year old kid and about three weeks ago a new c6 vette was in there driveway,a night or two later i see the kid washing it and go ask him who got it,it's mine he says and of course my jaw hit the floor, brand new six speed vette
    a week later im pullin in from work and notice some black marks all over this pretty red vette took him two weeks and he already smashed the nose up and hasnt driven it for a week or so now
    i want to feel bad for him but how can you ,that has to be one of the dumbest things i have ever seen
    but then im driving by one of the local high schools and there is a brand new dealers tags and all yellow zo6 in the student parking lot

people and there money

i wouldnt buy my kid a vette with a six banger in it much less anykind of ls motor and a six speed at that

NBM
    99 TA

lucky kids, im jealous!

its just a shame their parents aren't smart enough to get their kids proper driving lessons to learn how to handle a car like that.

lack of experience will get them every time!!

Can't say anything bad about the kids, as they are fuckin lucky and no one on this board could say they would have turned down a free vette at 16 - i know i would have been on that like stink on shit!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    lucky kids, im jealous!

its just a shame their parents aren't smart enough to get their kids proper driving lessons to learn how to handle a car like that.

lack of experience will get them every time!!

Can't say anything bad about the kids, as they are fuckin lucky and no one on this board could say they would have turned down a free vette at 16 - i know i would have been on that like stink on shit!
    i know me and my wife both asked if they wanted to adopt a couple of more kids
    man what i could've done with a vette in high school

see how many women can fit in a two seater anyone,screw the phone booth

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

No way in hell i was ready for an ls1 when i started driving. Im glad i worked my way up because now i know how to keep things under control, what not to do, etc.. Started with a little 160hp car, then got a stang, now my T/A. If the parents planned on gettin him a vette they should have done it in stages. Prove he can handle it and obviously he cant.

Kids nowadays are different than they were 20-30 years ago. Not sure if it's the kids or the parents fault but there are alot of irresponsible people out there.

When I was 16 the first car I had was a 56 chevrolet nomad,,,still have it today. A 4,000+ lbs. behemoth with manual drum brakes and manual steering,,,it really opens your eyes and makes you aware of what can happen, and you start to appreciate and respect it.

I ran (and still do) a 327 4-speed with 4.56 gears in the car, and eventually got pretty good with it, dialed it in and was running low 13's with the car back then. Which was considered quick for a street car back then,,,,and with manual drum brakes and steering, it's a handfull for a teenager,,,,it really teaches you HOW to drive. With more power than brake and steering ability,,,there is very little room for error, and you can get in trouble real quick.

These cars nowadays almost drive themselves,,,,to go out and wreck a new car like that would lean towards the side of carelessness and lack of responsibility in my opinion. After going what I went through as a teenager I find it hard to comprehend. It's too bad, hope he learns something before he hurts himself or someone else.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I was really happy to get my stock 93 a4 formula when I was 16, I couldnt imagine getting a brand new vette, must be nice

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Your're right these cars almost do drive themselves. With power everything there is little to blame on the car when something goes wrong. If parents are gonna buy their kids cars like these they need to start them with something else beforehand. Thats how it went with me.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

The first "muscle" vehicle I ever drove was my dad's 71 C-10 pickup. 350, bored .040 over, huge cam...don't know exact specs...edelborck intake, holley double pumper 750, lt's, full 3" exhaust, and 3 on the tree! Damn that thing was fun to drive. Oh yea, and Manual drums and manual steering as well. It was a friggen workout to manuever that thing in parking lots...and I even outran a newer Dodge Ram Hemi one night (my friend and I stole a construction barrel at a job site and a guy tried chasing me). Taking long, gradual turns in that thing at 70ish is like taking a hairpin in our cars at 5mph lol. Stuff like that MAKES you learn how to drive, and appreciate power.

Yep it should be protocall for every teenager to drive an older vehicle with some power, manual brakes and steering. It really wakes up a person when you realize how quickly you can get in trouble if you don't pay attention.

A new car will fool you thinking your in control,,,possibly pushing the car a little further than you normally would until it's too late.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

if I were to buy my kid a corvette..I would tune the rev limiter down to 3400..and set the speed limiter to 100...THEN I would like to see if he/she still wants to drive it

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28 vert

well i think its crazy that a 16 year old got a new vette and im 18 i cant belive what parents will do but my car which is my first is a 98 z28 m6 vert however i worked very hard to buy it i saved up and my parents matched my savings after that its all me insurance, gas, mods etc. in the town where i live the kids i go to school with have nicer first cars than i will ever be able to afford and they dont even know what advolurum tax is. Personally i think he should get what he wants but he has to pay for it the generation i come from doesnt understand the value of a dollar because they never had to work for one. On one hand it upsets me to have people some times rip on the flaws of my car but what do they know and at other times it fells really good when the kid with the BMW looks at mine and says damn, so anyways I think the kid can have the vette but only if he pays for it which we all know wont happen.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

some of you guys still luckedout man
    i got a 90 model ford probe it was a 5 speed though, hah then a 99 sunfire and on to work trucks until i could save for my first real car
    but hey ive had fun since

Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

I started out my driving life with a 400 horse big block in a '75 Lemans.
    Then I downgraded to a 350 in a '74 LeMans.
    Then I upgraded to a stock LT1 in a '96 Impala.
    Now I've got the CE and it's definitely an upgrade. I'm sure it's pushing above 350.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

personally this sickens me... im 19 and have a nice car yes, but i started out with an eclipse gs for gosh sakes... i worked my way up... if i would have started with this car i guarantee i would have done something stupid to hurt myself or others... now im veryyy responsible with the power i have... i cant imagine a parent no matter how much you trust your kid... no kid is not going to want to floor a brand new zo6 to show off to his friends... idiots these days... i would barely trust myself with one when i turn 25.... hell right now if you had me own one im sure i would screw up somehow...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

a z06 is a handful even if you do know what your doing, hell my car even surprises me sometimes. I couldn't imagine haveing 500 hp when i was in high school, i would have been dead, my first car was a 220hp 318 in a 4800lbs dodge ram and i still got in trouble with that.

For one
    Looking

My first vehicle was a 71 Ford F100 Longbed extended cab with manual brakes and steering.... I hated the parallel parking test....

Giving a kid that kind of car for their first car is irresponsible. They haven't even learned to respect the car itself yet. Let alone the deadly situation you can get in with it.

THE WS6 THAT COULD
    theres a sophmore(high school) at my school that just got a Steeda GT500

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I think everybody's first car should be a beater! Get some experience behind the wheel, if the kid wrecks it, no big deal. Learn from mistakes! Then later the kid can truly appreciate something nice.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Kids nowadays are different than they were 20-30 years ago. Not sure if it's the kids or the parents fault but there are alot of irresponsible people out there.

When I was 16 the first car I had was a 56 chevrolet nomad,,,still have it today. A 4,000+ lbs. behemoth with manual drum brakes and manual steering,,,it really opens your eyes and makes you aware of what can happen, and you start to appreciate and respect it.

I ran (and still do) a 327 4-speed with 4.56 gears in the car, and eventually got pretty good with it, dialed it in and was running low 13's with the car back then. Which was considered quick for a street car back then,,,,and with manual drum brakes and steering, it's a handfull for a teenager,,,,it really teaches you HOW to drive. With more power than brake and steering ability,,,there is very little room for error, and you can get in trouble real quick.

These cars nowadays almost drive themselves,,,,to go out and wreck a new car like that would lean towards the side of carelessness and lack of responsibility in my opinion. After going what I went through as a teenager I find it hard to comprehend. It's too bad, hope he learns something before he hurts himself or someone else.

Its not the kids, its he parents. Their Kids are a reflection of what they are or were. And some parents arent just ready to have kids now adays. That Kid that got the Vette their parents are Idiots. that already proves that hes going to be going to them for everything since he wont be able to be responsible, but maybe im looking at this wrong probably that kid is an honor student or something, but it still doesnt change the fundamental. a parents dream (and if youre a parent you might have this) is to see their child grow up into a responsible young man or woman, that knows how to chose from Right or Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    Its not the kids, its he parents. Their Kids are a reflection of what they are or were. And some parents arent just ready to have kids now adays. That Kid that got the Vette their parents are Idiots. that already proves that hes going to be going to them for everything since he wont be able to be responsible, but maybe im looking at this wrong probably that kid is an honor student or something, but it still doesnt change the fundamental. a parents dream (and if youre a parent you might have this) is to see their child grow up into a responsible young man or woman, that knows how to chose from Right or Wrong.
    Ya I can relate to that. Although mine have not reached driving age just yet, I only hope I do well enough as a parent. It's not easy but I feel I do better than some parents I see. We probably all think that as parents,,,

Thread Information