Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Wish I had the Trans Am last night...

This is a discussion on Wish I had the Trans Am last night... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I beat a GSX 1000 by about a mile with my 92 Chevy Corsica............. I pushed my car off a ...

  1. #21
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    I beat a GSX 1000 by about a mile with my 92 Chevy Corsica.............
























































































    I pushed my car off a cliff

  2. #22
    cammed & slammed Kaotic_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Tx
    Age
    26
    Posts
    983

    Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I beat a GSX 1000 by about a mile with my 92 Chevy Corsica.............
























































































    I pushed my car off a cliff
    lmfao!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    Very naive. You wouldn't have a chance, even with all those mods. I could take my GSXR1000 and blister your ass, however you want it. Anyone who says they have a chance, well, they're naive too.
    Yup, this is the reality:

    TransAM WS6, 150 shot nitrous, TSP cam, full bolt ons, tuned vs. stock GSXR 1000

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUjMBOv0w8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBUjMBOv0w8[/ame]

  4. #24
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    I havent had any crotch rockets try me but I had had 2 harley Davisons try me and both went down. Both from a dig to about 75-85 and I was a good 4-5 cars ahead. The ferther we went the more I was pulling on them.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    To the OP with a cam/head f-body with a 150 shot should be trapping 130s, so with your spray you might beat a good rider but without it you would get pulled for sure.

  6. #26
    Member 1986camarojoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    340
    99 Z28 04 Corvette

    well I wouldnt make up beating a crotch rocket soo maybe they were small ones with a shitty driver.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 1986camarojoe View Post
    well I wouldnt make up beating a crotch rocket soo maybe they were small ones with a shitty driver.
    Most likely shitty riders. A bad rider can really make a rocket seem slow. I raced my friends 04 350z the day after i got my first f4i and only won by like 2 or 3 cars. That was the same f4i that i ran an 11.4 at 127mph with after i was riding for a while. It had the mph to go 10s but i couldn't launch it that hard without letting off from fear of the too tall wheelie lol. The pro rider who got 2 600s to go 9.9 was launching at 13krpms and never backed the throttle down, can't imagine how i would pull that off with a stock length swing arm
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-26-2009 at 12:22 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Bad97Ram View Post
    I havent had any crotch rockets try me but I had had 2 harley Davisons try me and both went down. Both from a dig to about 75-85 and I was a good 4-5 cars ahead. The ferther we went the more I was pulling on them.
    Those suck. They only run 13s I think.

  9. #29
    EVIL-LS1 EVIL-LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fredericksburg,Virginia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    345

    RED
    2002/Z28

    Ya I now they have to be slow since my 02 Z28 beat them.

  10. #30
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you need about 800+ rwhp to keep up with a 1000cc bike

  11. #31
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    There must be some shitty riders where you guys live because in my TA I have barely outran a few R6's and 750's. Most of those racs were when I was a six speed too... I have only raced one bike since the swap to TH-400 and it was an R1. I stayed with him from 60 mph until I ran out of gear at 137mph. Then he was gone!
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

    2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you need about 800+ rwhp to keep up with a 1000cc bike
    I would use trap speed as more of base to start with, lets just say a full bolt on 1000cc sportbike can trap 140-145mph and a full bolt on zx14 or busa can trap 150+mph and put down 190whp. Once again of course these are good riders. So how ever much power it takes your car to trap those speeds is what you would need.

  13. #33
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I would use trap speed as more of base to start with, lets just say a full bolt on 1000cc sportbike can trap 140-145mph and a full bolt on zx14 or busa can trap 150+mph and put down 190whp. Once again of course these are good riders. So how ever much power it takes your car to trap those speeds is what you would need.
    It is a no-brainer man. The power to wieght ratio is too drastic for most street cars to overcome. Shitty riders constitutes 90% of every bike kill IMO!
    Last edited by Packy; 10-26-2009 at 03:26 PM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    It is a no-brainer man. The power to wieght ratio is too drastic for most street cars to overcome. Shitty riders is constitutes 90% of every bike kill IMO!
    True, I love bikes, I have owned 3 cbrs. But one thing I cant stand is those guys who butt into any car conversation and say oh yea well how about I go get my rocket and then you can see what fast is. I really like to lay into to those A-holes and let them know how F-ing stupid they are. You cant compare cars to bikes, it takes alot of work and love to make a car fast and as much as I love riding and the speed of my bikes I wont put down someones quick car because my bike might be faster.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you need about 800+ rwhp to keep up with a 1000cc bike
    You'll need to trap 140+mph to run one down. If you're Fbody is doing that, it can probably run in the 9s. The only street cars I usually see running these guys down are big turbo Supras, crazy worked F/I Vettes, or worked exotics.... and maybe a small handful of ronin domestics and imports with some ridiculous setup.

  16. #36
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    True, I love bikes, I have owned 3 cbrs. But one thing I cant stand is those guys who butt into any car conversation and say oh yea well how about I go get my rocket and then you can see what fast is. I really like to lay into to those A-holes and let them know how F-ing stupid they are. You cant compare cars to bikes, it takes alot of work and love to make a car fast and as much as I love riding and the speed of my bikes I wont put down someones quick car because my bike might be faster.
    I enjoyed my R1 while I had it. Fun things but too dangerous for me!

    I had a guy at work tell me he would race me on his BUSA from a 40 roll after he saw me pull into the parking lot with my TA... Yeah that would be really fair huh. I then told him I would race him from a dead stop at the track and he dis-agreed and backed out completely. He knew he couldn't launch that thing to save his life! LOL!

  17. #37
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    I am no where near trapping even 130+

  18. #38
    Member RageAgainstTheMinivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Burnsville, MN
    Age
    34
    Posts
    216
    99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

    I overheard a salesman at the local bike dealer trying to sell one to some punk high schooler "10 grand for the bike, or a 100 grand for a porsche? Same performance"

    I giggled.

  19. #39
    Member Speed_kills_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    403

    Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

    I'm looking for my time slip from last year on my bike. I trapped 143 I believe, this was with a modest launch. 60 ft. was around 2.0. This is on my 08 GSXR1000, full yoshi exhaust and a K&N filter. Its downright silly fast. There were Busas & ZX-14's trapping 150+.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    I enjoyed my R1 while I had it. Fun things but too dangerous for me!

    I had a guy at work tell me he would race me on his BUSA from a 40 roll after he saw me pull into the parking lot with my TA... Yeah that would be really fair huh. I then told him I would race him from a dead stop at the track and he dis-agreed and backed out completely. He knew he couldn't launch that thing to save his life! LOL!
    First of all, most tracks don't allow bikes and cars to run on opposing lanes for safety reasons.

    Second, he really wouldn't have to launch it to beat you. He could just roll out and win. These bikes can put out 115-118mph in the 1/8 mile stock. A 140+mph trap is not uncommon.

    I've lost to Hayabusas too, and my car was trapping 140mph on high boost, granted I had traction problems on the street. Even with boost by gear to negate some of the traction issues, I still got pulled by relatively stock Hayabusas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Firebird Friday Night Drags AZ Club Night
    By chellzers in forum Western Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 07:46 AM
  2. last night wasnt my night!!
    By slpgto2004 in forum GTO
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 07:03 AM
  3. 98 trans am night out
    By tigersport14 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 02:32 PM
  4. Fun night out
    By powermad in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 07:52 PM
  5. First night out at VMP with the new Z!
    By LSWONZ28 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2006, 07:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •