Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

why do trucks never learn ??

going home from work today and this full size pick-up that sounded pretty good runs right up on my bumper traffic was pretty thick so i was just chill'in and he passes me getting it pretty good. kinda pissed me off but i tried to let it go but finally said o well and caught back up with him. we stop at a red light and i get in the left lane and he is in the right lane a few cars back. red light turns green and i drop it in low and i creep along at 25 mph create a little racing room between the cars in front of me and wait on him to get beside me he does we nail it and i spin and fish tail up to 55 mph and put many lengths on him let off at 80 mph let him catch up hit it again bump it up to 105 mph with the truck far behind...i slow down and he comes by me normal speed and gives me a cool wave. nothing to brag about but it was fun. maybe he will think twice the next time he runs up on a ls1

Black
    1998 Z/28

i get more races with trucks than cars, idk why people with regular old trucks think they haul ass, had 1 guy try me at 60mph, i laughed and left him, also had another guy in a supercharged harley f150 crew cab with 30 day tags look over at me and tell me he wants to run for $5000, what a dumbass, i laughed and told him i didnt want to take his money, it was some young punk(even though some would consider me the same)
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Gotta watch out for some of them so dont laugh to hard boys... Especially the diesels. Here's a vid of one of our TBSS guys runnin one of his friends in his HD w/ mods. Just a little backround the guy in the TBSS has H/C work plus every bolt on. W/ traction he should be good for a high 11.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Gotta watch out for some of them so dont laugh to hard boys... Especially the diesels. Here's a vid of one of our TBSS guys runnin one of his friends in his HD w/ mods. Just a little backround the guy in the TBSS has H/C work plus every bolt on. W/ traction he should be good for a high 11.

Click for full size
    i understand some out there are bad.....just talking about the avg good ole boy full size sounds good and thats it truck

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    i understand some out there are bad.....just talking about the avg good ole boy full size sounds good and thats it truck
    Still fun sometimes though I always enjoy a good run, even if its a simple win!!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Still fun sometimes though I always enjoy a good run, even if its a simple win!!!!
    yes it is fun !!! had one dude last year i raced, his truck was pretty fast ....i hit 125 mph looked back and he was like 10-15 lenghts back he did pretty good for a truck it was a dodge ram

Yep, us silly old sloooowwww truck guys, what goobers we are!

'02 Silverado SB/SC/LS1/3.73's

I have an old 79 1 ton with a 454 and a few bolt ons, it's primarily my tow vehicle to the track, but on occasion it's been known to get unhooked from the trailer and go a few rounds. It's gone 14.60's at 95 mph,,,not bad for a truck that weighs 5,475 lbs. It's quick enough to beat up on a few GT mustangs over the years. Hell my 97 LT1 6 speed Z28 only runs 14.20's so some of these trucks are nothing to sneeze at. Be carefull.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Somebody posted a vid a while back of a lifted turbodiesel ford that went high 11's. Smoke pouring out of the tail pipe. Smoked the sh*t out of some muscle car.

I ran into a fast one with the 01 Cobra. Hung till about 110 where the drag started to kill it. That thing was fast as hell, and as big as a damn semi.

Ya I would expect some of the turbo trucks to be fast. Crank up the boost and away you go. It's the old trucks like mine that take you by surprise. I even thought about putting a little giggle gas on it,,,just to play around and have more fun.

Blue
    99 Z28

Some of them may surprise you. check the vids out in this link. One of them is with a Z28.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...t+drags+denali

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

again i say i understand there are some bad trucks out there talking about those that are not fast but people think they are and try u

Quote Originally Posted by semicharmed View Post
    Some trucks are fast but cars are faster truck guys are quite confident with their truck accessories and parts that they can speed up cars like LS1s. Haven't heard of any truck that won in a race over a car
    Really? I see fast trucks all the time, blowing the doors off of cars at the track. I had a Typhoon that ran 13.50's and it was a bone stocker. Plenty fast for cars to see my taillights on many occasions.
    I got news for ya,,,even my mid 14 second full size one ton is fast enough to show it's taillights to most cars you pull up to on the street, Especially the old fox body mustangs, when they were new and still relatively stock I would give them fits. Granted I don't make practice of this and most definately I would rather be racing one of my cars, but the opportunity arrises from time to time when I am using my truck to haul something.
    Not every car you come accross on the street is going to be faster than 14's anyway,,,most of the really quick stuff don't come out that much and chances of running accross it anyway is slim to none. And if you do,,,give it a shot anyway,,,chances might be that things just don't go his way

I think I have mentioned this before on here, but I have a Scrambler (jeep) which is jeeps version of a pickup truck,,,and a 4x4 at that but with an LT1/4L60E swap it smokes my 97 6 speed Z28 and runs door to door with my 02 SS camaro,,,,lol. With 33 inch all terrain tires and lifted up in the air it's a riot to see peoples faces when I smoke them. I literally ruined a mustangs day when I pulled away from him, turned out to be a brother of a friend, with a 347 stroker and all the goodies, boy was he pissed. There is nothing funnier than pulling away from a car with a truck.

Blue
    99 Z28

Some trucks are fast but cars are faster truck guys are quite confident with their truck accessories and parts that they can speed up cars like LS1s. Haven't heard of any truck that won in a race over a car
    Did you not look at the link I posted? There are videos of a truck smoking several cars ...including an ls1 Z28, a BOSS Mustang, etc.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Haven't heard of any truck that won in a race over a car
    no comment

LOL, ya your avatar says it all,,,the lightenings are nothing to sneeze at either.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Haven't heard of any truck that won in a race over a car

Done thinking,

My 01 Cobra got its ass handed by a Lightning like Zapfools.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

comment:

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i've killed many hemi dodge trucks both from standstill and roll

Thread Information