purple
    1996 Firebird

why do some feel the need to lie about their cars?

im really confused why people feel the need to do this. Do they really think their cars are fast, or do they think they can just convince everyone else of it, and we will just believe them? the story... A kid i went to high school with joined the navy right out of school, and we havent talked for the past 3 years. Well about a month ago, he got ahold of my sister on myspace. Well some how the conversation got on the topic of cars and happend to be looking through the pics on my sisters page and saw a few pics of my dads mustang and started talking about how his car could beat it. So my sister finds out he has a 3000gt with a few mods. She proceeds to say that she is pretty sure either mine or my dads car would spank him all day long. His response was, 'well they better have alot of aftermarket parts if they think either of them could beat me'. my response was, 'bring it on over and we will see. in the mean time i had to run my girlfriend back to her house real quick. Well on my way home, i get a call from my sister saying he had showed up and so did a buddy of mine with his ls1 TA. Now this whole time, im thinking, im walking right into an ass kicking, cause of the way he is talking. Im figuring hes got some built up Vr4. well i get home and my buddy walks up to my truck and tells me its just an N/A car with a cold air intake, down pipe, performance cluch and tune. So i get out to take a look and he starts telling us all of these stories about beating LS1 cars, mustangs and such. And apperantly the only thing he has lost to is a procharged mustang GT.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Well then race him and let him know that a lt1 or ls1 can take a N.A. 3000gt. Hell even the early model vr4s were low 14 second for the most part with good drivers hitting high 13s. They had some very weak stock turbos that cant hold boost worth crap.

As for this guys car it has 250crank hp 230 trq with the mods he has and weighs 3500lbs(VR4s weigh close to 3800lbs with the AWD system), not to mention non VR4s are FWD. There is no way in hell he should beat a lt1 or ls1 car.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-27-2009 at 09:05 AM.

purple
    1996 Firebird

Needless to say we went out to a little back road and did a quick dig race, that turned into a masacre lol. My buddy in the TA said i easily put bus lengths on the 3000gt. We pulled off into a little turn around area and talked for second. His excuse was that his car is alot better from a roll. So i got up behind him and he took off. I gave him a couple seconds before i took off after him. now my car sucks on the top end, but i was still catching him pretty quick. we got back to my house and the excuses started. First he told me to just wait bc he was about to put a supercharger on it, then he tried to say at least he got me from the roll (even though i was catching him quick, but let out of it). Then he starts saying that he was suprised my car was so fast and asked what i had done to it. I told him just a small cam, stall and 373 gears. He about had a heart attack at that point, so i proceeded to tell him its just a V6 to lol. unfortunately, even after this race, he still felt the need to talk his car up, an spanked on the free way by a buddies stock Ls1 TA, then got beat in a dig race by another buddies chevy 2500 HD lmao. And appearantly he is still goin around talking crap and picking races.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I remember racing a white VR4 along time ago in my 01 SS M6, he was first laughing at me with his girlfriend sitting in his passeger seat. After i went through 2nd and 3rd gear the race was well over and i had several car lenghts on him. Either way good kill OP.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

The Bottom line is people who talk crap are ignorant and have no real experience. They try and talk up a big game but their stories always lack substance. This kind of thing has been going on for decades so don't worry about it. Just continue to put them in their place because that is the only way they will learn.
    BTW Good Kill
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

Its weird I know some guy that said he had 2 twin superchargers, and a 454 in a F-150. Then he said how he has a rear mounted turbo thats a stage 4 and he thinks he could get off by saying his fan shard is a cold air. He even opened his hood to show me a stock Triton V-8

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Well then race him and let him know that a lt1 or ls1 can take a N.A. 3000gt. Hell even the early model vr4s were low 14 second for the most part with good drivers hitting high 13s. They had some very weak stock turbos that cant hold boost worth crap.

As for this guys car it has 250crank hp 230 trq with the mods he has and weighs 3500lbs(VR4s weigh close to 3800lbs with the AWD system), not to mention non VR4s are FWD. There is no way in hell he should beat a lt1 or ls1 car.

they can be made fast with a few mods like a boost controller or other crap along thoes lines... doens't take all that much to have them run low 13's - mid 12's...

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    they can be made fast with a few mods like a boost controller or other crap along thoes lines... doens't take all that much to have them run low 13's - mid 12's...
    True I worked on 5 of the turbo versions. All had basic mods and all were mid to high 12 second cars about as fast as you can go on stock turbos, trap speeds were only in the 108mph range. All broke aswell
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-30-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

NA 3000gts are front wheel drive cars, he doesnt have shit, he will never have shit, its not even the same engine that the vr4 has in it, and vr4s dont run 14s
    they run low 13s high 12s stock. On race gas stock they can run a 12.3-12.5. My friend has one and thats what he consistently runs. Sadly when beaten they blow up like mentioned above. Everyone lies about there car though, even me, i tell them its stock and its slow as balls and it runs 14.5s all day long.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 11-30-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    NA 3000gts are front wheel drive cars, he doesnt have shit, he will never have shit, its not even the same engine that the vr4 has in it, and vr4s dont run 14s
    they run low 13s high 12s stock. On race gas stock they can run a 12.3-12.5. My friend has one and thats what he consistently runs. Sadly when beaten they blow up like mentioned above.
    3000gts are not low 13 second high 12 cars stock he has atleast the boost turned up, 3800lbs and they only put down 240-250whp. They weigh 600lbs more than a evo/sti have the same hp and a well driven evo 9/sti is a low to mid 13 second car. Hell evos even trap higher than the vr4 stock, 102mph compared to the 98-100mph most stock vr4s pull.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-30-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I always lie about my car. "It's Stock"

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    3000gts are not low 13 second high 12 cars stock he has atleast the boost turned up, 3800lbs and they only put down 240-250whp. They weigh 600lbs more than a evo/sti have the same hp and a well driven evo 9/sti is a low to mid 13 second car. Hell evos even trap higher than the vr4 stock, 102mph compared to the 98-100mph most stock vr4s pull.
    Go find my race thread against one, i had headers a lt4 hot cam exhaust and a intake on my lt1 car and i still lost to a true 13g vr4 with nothing but a boost controller i later found out he runs high 12s at the track. If you wanna play a argument out go read that. They do and they have run those times the bullshit about them being heavy is so you can feel better about yourself. Chevy wasn't the only one who lied about HP figures on their cars when they put them out.

That's funny. I would always do the opposite. I would "bait" people into thinking my car was slow and when I put my foot down, they knew they fucked up. It's more fun playing the sleeper role because the they give you afterward is priceless.

In your case your just proving what you already know. Beating a ricer 3000GT.... please BORING.... next.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 11-30-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Go find my race thread against one, i had headers a lt4 hot cam exhaust and a intake on my lt1 car and i still lost to a true 13g vr4 with nothing but a boost controller i later found out he runs high 12s at the track. If you wanna play a argument out go read that. They do and they have run those times the bullshit about them being heavy is so you can feel better about yourself. Chevy wasn't the only one who lied about HP figures on their cars when they put them out.
    Yes so he had the boost turned up like i just said. Thats not stock, if it was we coudl just compare all turbo and supercharged cars with the boost turned up, a stock 03/04 cobra runs 11s, stock gtr runs low 11s high 10s, stock sti and evos run 12s with just the boost turned up. So are these the numbers we should be using when we say stock? Stock cars with the boost turned up?

And how is the BS about them being heavy so you can feel better about yourself? They weigh what they weigh which is in the 3700-3800lbs range. My bolt on ls1 trap 111mph and had no problem pulling any stock turbo vr4 from a roll and most from a dig. Even with basic mods and a boost controller they only trap 106-109mph. Those trap speeds arent hard for any ls1 car to hit.

Its alos easy to tell if the factory underrated the cars, in the case of the vr4 i have seen bone stock ones put down 220whp-230whp on mustang dyno, 250whp-260whp on dynojet, doesnt matter how much they make at the crank when you know what they get to the wheels. Almost 100whp less than a ls1 car and it weighs 300lbs more. DO the math they are not fast in bone stock form.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-01-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    That's funny. I would always do the opposite. I would "bait" people into thinking my car was slow and when I put my foot down, they knew they fucked up. It's more fun playing the sleeper role because the they give you afterward is priceless.

In your case your just proving what you already know. Beating a ricer 3000GT.... please BORING.... next.
    yes.. thats what i do, i just tell people mines a bolt on car before we race and then proceed to let them drive ahead first before i start mine up.

Thread Information